Skill trees to make you special

How do you block with a shield?

I use a mouse with four buttons. Fore-hand and off-hand attack, dodge and block/kick. Funcom could implement additional action with combination of these but then the game have to give you a reasonable time to push both buttons instead of one to differentiate which action you like to perform. I can see that this might actual feel clumsy in combat. Aside, that this should be applicable in a useful manner for controllers as Well.

i agree, not an skill needed, the actually “stealth” of the game is pure hability of using hiding places

…BUT… an Skill Tree like there is on Path of Exile is always nice for games like this, for Conan it would be nice too, with new benefits along the evolution of the character

also we doesnt need LEVEL LIMIT, to expand an nice “tree” of skills our characters could go much longer

@Ryu-Salazar, not sure how input on pc is handled these days, but thinking about controllers it could simply be a case of short click to kick, hold same button/key to block.
When I say simple, I’m not necessarily talking about coding… :upside_down_face:

I want a simple to use skill tree. Put points into skills you want. Not be force to learn an ability you don’t want to learn. All Skill tree and classes lack the skill tree freedom my idea will have. Freedom without investment in a skill you don’t want.

There is no additional freedom with a skill tree, that you don’t already have with the current feat system.

With a skill tree, you necessarily obtain unwanted lower level skills in order to gain higher level skills. If you could skip low level skills and only get powerful high level skills, it wouldn’t be a skill tree.

1 Like

Bob and you learn same feats and have same stats. Oh look you are no longer special. Add a skill tree. The odds of same stats,same feats and same skill trees are reduce.

WRONG! With skill tree you’re more focus on what you want. It adds a layer to your CaC or toon.

My Lichdom calling out my madness. Crush,kill and bath in the blood of my enemies. What that smell? It’s blood!

Right now we are cage hamsters. I want freedom to pick what I am and how I play. For the Exile Lands! For Conan add skill trees.

Bryan dude, even with a skill tree people will end up the same as bob…
It’s how games work, they give you the illusion of being different…
But let’s just say that a game with skill trees has 640 different end trees, your tree will be the same as 1000’s of others…
we add 10 different clothing cosmetics… there will still be people like bob…

Bob, oops I mean Bryan, my bad… :crazy_face:
I have a question for you, and answer me in private if that’s more comfortable.
From knowing you, you don’t swear, you don’t hate on people, really there is not a nasty bone in your body… good bloke really…
So the question, and not being rude or trying to demean… do you have aspbergers ?

Unfortunately that’s not the way it works, Bryan. Odds are that some skills would end up being more desireable than others and thus lead to almost every character taking them.

Also, what you want isn’t really a skill tree. A skill tree functions much like a lot of feats in CE do, i.e. you have to take the lower ones before you gain access to the higher/better options. It’s not even remotely like what you want.

A skill offers more special to your exile CaC or toon.

I have hyperactivey mix in with a family blood curse. No Male on my grandfather side lived past 70.

Wow and other games call it a skill tree. Because it’s a skills for certain things.

WoW (and others) call it a skill tree because their system requires you to take certain skills to unlock other skills. That, however, isn’t what you want, judging from your previous posts. You’re looking for a skill system that allows you to take any skill you want without the need of prerequisite skills and therefore it’s not a skill tree.

Example:

Skill tree:

Skill 1 (requires no prior points to be spend) [root]
Skill 2 (requires skill 1 before it can be taken) [trunk]
Skill 3 (requires skill 2 before it can be taken) [trunk]
Choice: Skill 4A or Skill 4B (can only take one or the other, requires skill 3 before it can taken) [first branch]
Etc.

The system you want would remove the requirement of having learned a previous skill. Under your system, for example, skill 4A and 4B wouldn’t exist but would rather become skill 4 and skill 5. That’s vastly different from the skill tree model.

2 Likes

That what makes my skill tree special. 60 skills for each tree. Pick what you want. Be your own CaC or toon.

I would much rather see them adding additional attacks to the current combat system to give it another dimension. Now that they have the hold and release tech that came with the heavy bow shot they could add jump attacks where you hold the button down mid air and release on impact to do a move. Also when you are sprinting and then attack you could do a lunge or if you have no weapon in hand a tackle with a strong knockdown. Ofc these abilities would most likely need a cooldown so it is tactical when to use them, do you open with a tackle or do you save it for chasedown etc, but it would really spice up the combat.

Hello everyone,
Here are my reflections on this topic:
How to make you special?
-First of all, if I level up I get points to increase my stats and unlock feats, okay.
But I can chose without thinking because I can change everything with a potion. So my first opinion may be to increase the difficulty to make these potions or create a timer to prevent me using them.
But I won’t feel special

-Secondly, what about a new type of skills?
every two levels I get point to learn new attack moves or passive buff that I cannot change anymore?
These new skills may be organized in some skill treesto be active, theses new skills may
require like 40 pts on a particular state or me wearing a certain type of weapon .But I can also restart my character and change everything, so I won’t feel special too….

-Last Thought: randomized unique buff.
Each time I kill a boss for the first time or when I level up to level 60, I get a permanent buff.
The type of buff may be different if I acquire them by Killing the dregs boss (ex water breathing) or by Killing the dragon bone
(ex increase damage to undead).
All these buffs are unique.
If someone has it, no one else can. If I am Lucky I can become a powerhouse with Wonderful buff. If I’m not I can gain penalties
(ex lesser strength, decrease max HP)
I can restart my character on my server, but i can’t have the same buff as someone else.
Even if I am Lucky or unlucky, I would feel special :slight_smile:
Have a nice day !

1 Like

I hate cooldown timers. I rather use stamina for cost on Abilities. This way a new build can be use. Stamina cost for abilities is uneffected by stamina perks.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.