So far all my thralls are better at level 19 than at 20?

Your wondering peoples timelines for leveling? After taking 6 thralls to level 20, I have it down to approximately 45 mins for levels 1-15, then (pending no interruptions because people like to talk to me on steam a lot) I can get to level 20 in the next 1-1.5 hours, if Im lucky.

1 Like

Sure, like when you get your motorcycle permit and they make you go to school: where you turn your head is where the bike goes. That’s not something you feel. I’m saying that despite my “rigging” the system to try and make her stronger, this last leveling chance, it still feels off.

That was a movie reference to match your Shatner… see Kelly’s Heros

Got ya. Still, my whoosh helped me get my feels out more. So Bill, wherever you are, I love ya.

What sort of thrall though? Soul and I are chiefly leveling named thralls from the two Cimmerian purges. Also are you doing so at the 1x PvE rate that he and I are talking about, or at the 4x PvP rate?

If you switch her food and let her take some damage, it should switch the increase.

I’m not getting any RHuTS fighters cause starting with 0 strength seems counter-productive to me, but love dem archers!

Do the purge thralls have the same experience levels as the FT/RH/VS thralls, or is it a higher amount each level?

I haven’t seen any XP charts to-date, so I’m really not sure. Is there a way to view these in the dev kit? Alternately, is there a way to level thralls when in admin mode? If so, I guess I could load up single player and try to generate XP tables that way.

What I do recall, though, is my Beast-Tamer Frida needs over 2M xp to go from lvl 16 to 17. That’s a lot of damn frost giants and grey apes on a server that’s typically so packed that I have to do most of the work.

My point, though, is that I’m trying to work out if our comparison is apples to oranges or not. After all, low grade thralls (e.g. Black Hand named, low-tier Nordheimers, etc) level much faster. I can get a Conchaka of Hyrkania (BH Archer) leveled about as quickly as @Nemisis is claiming, but named Cimmerians and named Votaries end up being much much lower in level after a similar time investment.

I’m just wondering what sort of thralls they are leveling so quickly, and if they can do so with the sort that I’m talking about under the 1x XP conditions I’m talking about. Nowhere did they specify such particulars.

Bandit Leaders and RHTS Fighters are easy to get to 15 on PvP, even in the Darfari Zone. By 15, they need 1.7 million XP. Starling, for instance, had about 8,400 vites at 15. We spent well past an hour in the UC last night and she just made it to 18, where she needs 2.5 million XP for lvl 19.

RE RHTS Starling: this one is (no armor, weps, lvl 18) 8959HP, 17|30|45|36|23 – Relentless (+5 VIT) and Perseverance (+3 SURV)*.

Can you clear something up? When it says (+5) in green next to vites, does that mean in addition to her 45, or is it that she’s 40 and with Perk 1 she’s 45?

Dude you’re a superhero! Thank you very kindly. If I have your permission, and this tip ends up on my show, my channel will award you the DLC of your choice.

* Cue Price is Right Loser tuba

From what I’ve seen, the parenthetical green text lists the bonuses that have been factored in to arrive at the value listed in white. You can test this out with a new thrall by deploying them, noting their stats, then putting on all Str or all Vit armor and then checking again. The bonuses from perks are likewise included in the green (or red) text.

2 Likes

It is included in the number. I had same question, then added a perked armor and removed to verify.

oops, already answered. But i guess it is now a double certified answer???

2 Likes

I should do that, just been a bit lazy on doing so. I kept track of a bunch of RHs, RHuTS, and VS as I was leveling and they were equal from 10+ levels on XP, I don’t have the pre-10 data tho. They need about 2.5k from 18-19, and about 2.8k from 19-20.

Sure, go for it.

Here’s another tip, farming solo go from the frost temple to Flamemist to Icekeeper, then start again, kill a couple sabers and mammoths along the way to kill a couple of minutes, it’s a 15 minute run that nets you about 3.3m XP (official PvP). From level 9-20, you need a total of 18m on an upper tier thrall, so you can do the last 11 levels in less than 1.5 hours (6 runs). The first 9 are pretty quick, too. In a group I would add the crystal chasm to the mix, since you kill them so fast and would be getting less XP you’d end up waiting for respawns and it would take longer.

2 Likes

Cool. I’ll try that one out. I was doing a UC thing because I finally got myself the oil recipe and needed about 3 bajillion fragments. A few people had told me this was a productive way, but the UC certainly is not, pound for pound.

TheWarmakers run if you want legendaries on PVP.
I port to brimstone first, 9 skeletons 65,000 each (PVP official–585,000xp) 2 to 3 minute kill time for level 60 player.
Then head inside, another 10 skeletons (650,000) about 5-10 minutes, if you can keep the Boss off you. Ignore him, XpPS is trash.
Head into the three bosses first entrances (do not fight the bosses yet) about 18 skeletons (1.170,000 xp). About 10 minutes. Now head back out and reapeat from steps, but now faster due to level 12+ thrall. 2nd time on you can fight the bosses. About an 1 hr you should have level 15+ thrall, plus a few legendary weapons, and if you do the whole dungeon on last run, some scraps, 4000 black ice, and anything else along the last hall way to the final boss. I don’t take on thhe Chamipon, as she can kill a thrall <10,000 health. If you got lucky and have one over that by then, then even more scraps!!!
Also, rhinos give 70,000 xp. There are 8 by the brimstone and west green wall grasslands. That is another quick 560,000 xp.

1 Like

Lets start of by saying that getting the ideal thrall is going to be rare. But in all honesty pretty much any thrall at level 10 is going to tank the 3 skull bosses so generally thralls after the patch are pretty damn sweet.

1 Like

I’ve tried having a reasonable discussion with you already, but you basically keep repeating the same thing, which is that games of chance are incredibly profitable. Never mind that we’re not talking about profitability here or that games of chance are just one slight segment of games, or that all the compiled theory and practice of game design points to randomness being detrimental if it’s not used correctly. No, it’s the incredible profitability of the games of chance that refutes all arguments against this flawed leveling system!

Whenever you deviate from that particular repetition, it’s either to offer a platitude – like “videogames aren’t that expensive so we should all be grateful” – or to try to stretch or bend something so it appears to support your argument. Case in point: the non-sequitur about DnD aging system.

The only other point you’ve had in this thread is that the attributes for the follower grow with each level, but you don’t seem to understand that nobody’s disputing that. In fact, people are unhappy precisely because the perks work against that.

So yeah, of course I’m not going to refute your points anymore – I’ve been quite thorough so far – but that doesn’t mean I’m not going to make fun of them :slight_smile:

Feel free to actually offer a new insight and I’ll be happy to consider it.

2 Likes

It definitely looks like one. That’s why this is the best time to offer feedback, because it’s early enough that things shouldn’t be completely set in stone.

Couldn’t have said it better.

Hey @Nemisis, is that on official PVE(-C)? Because it sounds like it’s with PVP multipliers. If it is on PVE, mind sharing your strategy?

1 Like

Gone through a couple of Snowhunters looking for that ‘champion’.

Current snow hunter rolled,
lvl 10: +3 str +3 vit
lvl 15: Angry drunk, which i think is +8 str -5 survival

I’m nervous about getting her to 20.

All said and done, sorta of meaningless, I am on a private modded server that still is not letting me feed my thralls… So my dice rolls on stats are even more out of control…

Meh, i’ll bide my time and hope for the fix soon…

I don’t mind the negative perks (and none are truly negative in the sense that you always gain stats. Just may not be the right stats) however, i do agree…

lvl 20 perks can be disappointing, as thats the entire point of randomization and luck of the roll, however I agree that no lvl 20 perk should pick from the lvl 10 perk pool. lvl 20 should be a culmination of the Thrall’s growth, not a destruction of it.

In that same line of thinking, I also agree that Archer and Fighter thrall perks should be skewed in that specific type’s class (not exclusive to their own classes, i personally think the randomness and chance of weird perk combinations are fine, however I am not sure this should hold true for the lvl 20.

This is a little complicated though in the fact that there are not really a great variation in perks to pick from however as we are dealing with only 5 combinations of stats and variations of doling that out.

I think adjustments to the perks need to be made, however, it needs to be a careful approach as simplifying the situation to ‘tralls on rails’ essentially leveling them up as desired could take a lot of the excitement out of the system.

Interesting thing to think about…

to be honest, i think there should be no different thrall from an archer and a fighter, they should be the same, trained in different ways but capable to do both

1 Like

Can’t agree with that, I like my Archers to have the Archer tag and vice versa with Fighters.

I mean, as capable combat thralls I get the idea of them being able to use both melee and ranged, but I would just like the archetype to get more of a distinction than just lower health on the Archers, otherwise they become obsolete.