Having played all three healers in the game to level 80, my vote would be for the ToS. Sure it’s a caster, but while you can go many places without a Bear, there are some you can’t go without a ToS. Here’s a few things that make it so awesome:
- ToS AA idol is the best gold heal in the game… heals everyone nearby in the raid, and doesn’t put a debuff on recipients, so every ToS can use it. Bears only heal their group, and PoMs have a debuff so only one can use.
- ToS AA coils is best dps gold perk for healers
- ToS silence is so useful in T3 for mage adds, Arbanus, Keeper (tempest)… also for Chatha fight in T2 if anyone does that anymore
- AoE root for Toth, for adds in first T6
- Steadfast Faith very useful for AoK unchained
- Bears and PoMs will very rarely out-dps or out-heal a ToS. Not saying it never happens, but a good ToS will usually be at top of both heals and dps.
- Solo Khitai for faction grind can be done with your eyes closed with a ToS… super fast and easy
- ToS is caster, but with Storm Field you will be up close in most fights
- Need someone to do Commanding for Entity… ToS rules
- Should also add… ToS Fangs is same as Bear’s Bewilder, only it’s faster to get off, and a guaranteed aoe, whereas Bear has to make more of an effort to get it one more than one toon… and will completely miss if someone moves it mid-combo
If your primary aim is healing with a melee toon, then you have to go with Bear… but if you want to maximize heals, dps and utility, ToS is the one!