So it's not an expansion its a new game!

Not a new game per say, but a NEW GAME EXPERIENCE.
A nice way to say, we decided to change a lot and call it an expansion.
Research the NGE and find out what the result was when another company tired this a decade ago.

Code Mage, love ya bro, put compare this NGE to Jump to Light speed which was an expansion that gave you space travel, no stuff, put the core game remained the same.
Unlike the NGE that did what FUncom is doing by changing the basics of the game.

you are right: it’s an expansion. nice find :wink:

1 Like

I wonder why people get so mad about this, if it was a new game we would see a complete different mechanics, character models, gameplay and pretty much everything.

Many players forget that this game is not meant to be an endless grindfest, even in the lore you are just a slave that made his/her kingdom inside the prison, once you get to complete the quest to remove the bracelet you left the exiled lands to never return.

This is not an MMORPG where characters last forever and keep getting stronger with gear and AA that makes them godlike in comparisson to the rest of the NPC, even the important ones.

Remember, Conan Exiles is a survival game where your goal is to get out of there. you cannot pass the green wall without dying, you are bound to the place. even if you could move your same character to Siptah, you wouldn’t be able to travel with your thralls, or your castles, maybe not even your items…

You could argue that this could be the same character that left the Exiled Lands and had the very bad luck to land on Siptah to be trapped again by black magic… and so are the other 39+ players that share the map with you…

A fresh start in a new map to play Conan Exiles in a different way is totally an expansion on the possibilities that this game has to offer

If it’s a PvP shooter with a level system you take all your progress into the new maps. Battlefield, CoD, name one they do it that way. And then you unlock the new progress on top of your old level

[quote=“Cyryus, post:75, topic:136168”]
I wonder why people get so mad about this, if it was a new game we would see a complete different mechanics, character models, gameplay and pretty much everything.[/quote] Yeah, tell that to Ubisoft :wink:

Then what is expanding? The map? Your toon?
levels?

1 Like

the base game with a new map, new mechanics (some for both maps like the temperature system change and some only for the new map like the surge), new building sets (usable on both maps), new armor sets (also usable on both maps), a new internal system for map creators (map mods) and I bet there is more we will find out when the expansion is released

i know it. an expansion :wink:

I know its a new game experience, because we have been this route several times over the last 30 years.

And the file size!!!

It’s actually not that difficult of an implementation if you think about it. They’d need to add some menu options that allow you to export your existing character from the old map and import it into the new one. They could even make it to where you can bring over whatever is in your inventory. That would be great.

1 Like

No mater what any company does they lose players, they also gain players, its a dammed if they do and dammed if they dont

add new content “correctly” = lose players
add new content “incorrectly” = lose players
dont add new content = lose players

I have seen it every which way no mater what game company’s do there is ALWAYS that player that says “this will lose you players” or “this game is now dead” There is no satisfying everyone all the time …ever, best they can do is make a calculated risk and hope for the net gain.

4 Likes

Yo Code Mage, Im still going with NEW GAME EXPERIENCE.

Its not an expansion, or new game.

I just watch Firespark81s and Waks videos on temp control and healing.
This is all new and changed drastically compared to the old system.
In SWG while they did their NGE you could no longer be the player yo wanted to be, you had to fit into one of their pre made profession slots.
They changed the healing, it cost me millions of credits because I sold heals.

Changing a game drastically in no longer an expansion, but something new.

Are you seeing the parallel yet?

So core game balancing changes, something that’s been happening since early access release, is Siptah’s fault?

It is a new game…

Everything is different. The map vibe is different, You start from 0.

If it was an expansion, you’d keep your stats and the new map would be an extention OR addition to the old map.

Misleading.

I already reverted my server to the old map, I aint playing this crap.

Next time, fix the current 100+ bugs before releasing a sucky dlc (new game)

1 Like

My bud is stuck in exiles and his called me up mad as a hornet over heals no longer work the way they used to.

I wonder how may player like him just play and pay no attention to the forums, you tube, or anything else outside of playing.

Now that I have played it… NGE, there is little that resemble exiles except the ugly toons.

You are bound to your previous wacky buildings you created over the previous years. I suggest you to cope with a fact that some day you will have to leave it behind, just like the exile either dies in these sands or takes off the bracer and moves on with their life…

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.