So no abandoned thralls are dying?

They wont die if the server restarts, as the server restart resets their timer.

This is not correct on the official PvE server I play onā€¦this server is restarted on a daily basis.
I deliberately stranded a thrall without food as he has the bug where his inventory fills with hundreds of sacks of the unarmed_xx thing ā€¦ his food timer and hunger meter is slowly decreasing -it is taking longer than I expected it to but it is decreasing.

Many of the abandoned thralls have disappeared, but occasionally I still come across a cluster of them. I do not know why those are still alive when ones close to them are goneā€¦perhaps as another suggested it needs a player to run within rendering range of the thralls and stay close for a short time (like we have to do to reset our decay timers) to get the game to initiate the code that starts the hunger-feed-starve systems.

Rendering them wonā€™t make a difference. Some thralls I render several times a day are still alive, while those I render maybe once every other day have been dropping like flies over the past few days.

Ok thanks, then I guess we should start making a list of their types so funcom can check if the code is broken for those which persist eg race and rank, if their rank is III or the typo IiI for example.
Failing that if we can give them ingame co-ordinates on official servers perhaps they can log into to investigate the hunger-resistant thralls for themselves.

Yeah, that might be a good idea. There is a whole horde of abandoned thralls right next to my base which include all types (fighters, archers, bearers, dancers as well as named variants). One thrall is even stuck inside one of my gates, so I canā€™t even open it. xD

Well, a little update from my side. I just logged in and when I stepped out of my front gate I got treated to the sight of 30+ corpses crashing down to the ground in front of my eyes. While I couldnā€™t loot them I could butcher them for flesh (my greater tigers were hungry). xD There are still maybe 5 to 10 them floating around but they should come crashing down soon as well (I hope). Seems that the hunger timer is a bit screwed up and thus is very situational. But all Thralls should eventually die.

1 Like

Should have gotten a video of that and set it to ā€œItā€™s Raining Menā€ :laughing:

1 Like

Hahaha, yeah I should have done that. The remaining ones also dropped from the sky an hour or so ago, so nothing left to make a video with. :ā€™-(

One the plus side I have two animal feeders full of human meat now. My crocs and tigers are good on food for the next few weeks. xD

Even had to stuff some of more into the freezer (preservation box) because there was so much meat coming from them. :smiley:

Maybe I misunderstand the mechanic, I thought it worked like this:

Once the thralls hit a starved state, they start slowly losing hp. It takes 7 days with no food for the thralls to hit the starved state. Different thralls from different regions as well as different tiers have different hp levels. And they also buffed thralls hp levels.

So I would assume some thralls are still alive because they have more hp than their compatriots, either because they are from Asgarth instead of Summoning place, or are named vs. T1.

They do die from hunger on officials as well, or at least on the one i am playin right now. i saw 4 of them dying in front of me and 80% of the abandonned thralls on the server have already died by now.

then i suggest you submit a bug report with your server ID and some locations of thralls you know have been abandoned so funcom can look specifically at your server and those areas to figure out why itā€™s broken on your server but is working on other official servers.
The most obvious reason is that somehow the settings for your server are different from what they should be.
Iā€™m on an official pve server in the oceanic region and the thralls that belong to people who no longer log into that server have died.

How populated is your server if i may ask? Whatā€™s the average number of players coming per day?

You made my day laughed so hard I lost a kidney. +1

I am playing on a official server, dude.

HP doesnā€™t seem to be factor. I have seen Nordheimer III fighters die off while seeing T1 thralls from the south still standing around joyfully.

Yesterday there were still spots with abandonded thralls left on our server (I was out exploring), but I have noticed a trend that once thralls start dieing at a certain spot all the thralls on that spot will be gone in a day or so. Its like an epidemic hitting a few spots every day. Like a bubonic plague it slowly marches across the map. xD

1 Like

ok quite a lot then, thanks.
iā€™m surprised abandoned thralls are not dying with that many players activating cells regulary on the map then.
on the server iā€™m playin, only the very ā€œhidden spotsā€ on the maps still have living abandoned thralls. All main passages and areas have seen their abandoned thralls dying or vanishing.

Official server 1090 here. All abandoned thralls are dead.

1 Like

Have thralls died in other locations on your server? If so, these will eventually die as well. If not a single thrall has died on your server at all then there is probably something wrong with the server in question.

On my server (PVE 1017). Almost all of them are gone. I did find a lone dancer out in the deep desert today

Must work on some servers but not on others.

My server is now barren of abandoned thrall.

Oke yes will take a bit, i see that happening too.
But whatsā€™ still puzzeling imo is that the 6 days we projected on them to die, are long gone by now?

Like 100% should be gone logically, why is that not so?