So now Thralls need regular food?

Sadly i play solo/coop though i thought i read somewhere on steam about someone doing something on PVE to take down floating thralls.

As long as they give me a way to turn it off in the admin settings, I won’t care. I will just turn it off and forget it is there. If you can’t turn it off, it may become a serious problem.

1 Like

Do we even know what the mechanics of it will be? What food helps the most and how fast will their hunger meter fall? There’s too many questions for me to simply dismiss it and say they “killed the game”

1 Like

Same xD will take some time but should be fine in the long run.

1 Like

That’s my thinking too.

I know Dried Food takes like 10 hours for spoiling and the Cooked Pork Strips take 24 hours before decay.

If the consumption rate by thralls is low, one run to a fish trap and then putting them in a dryer and then another run to get pork off the boars in the highlands while that is going on and you could have more than enough food to feed them for a month in a single one hour play session.

Of course pork strips actually requires getting the recipe for it. And if anyone doesn’t have said recipe yet, I’d recommend going to Drifters Rest in the Jungle area to get ASAP.

1 Like

Hmmm, not quite, because this is what she said.

Which seems to conflict with what’s been said in the news.

How she worded it made it sound like if a thrall is at your base, they don’t need to be fed. Thankfully she cleared it up right after your lil’remark.

To which I say, thank you Tascha for clearing that up. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This isn’t gonna keep me from placing thralls, I have a strict schedule and at least 30 buxom Nord fighter ladies n archers to… erm …unbox.

I will say if we have to feed every placed archer, a few of them are as good as Set Potions. If it’s happened to me so much, it has to have happened to others: why is it always the bracketed torch these guys destroy? :smiley:

Ehh… Suuuuree… Could it be you might be using a certain mod after… “unboxing” them? :yum:

Heh. And to have people think again because of archers and new arrows…
I got something evil in my mind. Archerthralls + bows + new poison aoe arrows… :smiling_imp:
Them stacking up.
Leaving the question in mind wether a sandstormmask works on thralls as well? Crap, I got something to check…

PVE all the way and I HATE the idea. It was said earlier that you would not need to feed them if they were in the radius of your base. They really, really need to do it that way for real.

This way, as long as your base is intact, its defending thralls are too. When the base decays, the thralls would no longer count as being in a land claim and thus starve to death. It would accomplish the stated goal of cleaning up abandoned thralls without forcing us to deal with the food crap. As it is, we will no longer be putting out fully geared, high tier thralls at our smaller bases because of this change.

So how long will it take me to feed 90 archers, 80-90 fighters and 45 dancers surrounding my base when this gets implemented? Has the team tested it for time yet?

And will the level of thralls since I only use t3 and named to guard the base affect how much and what type of food I will need?

Of course I’m not kidding, it would make the game so much better more immersive, the immersion level would be over 90000!

It was Funcom intention to add food need and bed for each thrall, hopefully they will still make it into the game.

Regarding the food pots - question is, will the thralls be actually walking toward the pot or will the feeding be remote? Pathfinding is still a bit problematic so I certainly hope it will work remotely.

2 Likes

Most likely, the feeding requirement will be sated so long as the thralls are with the required range of the food pot placable. I could not imagine this working any other way. Or if they were actually scripted to “go on dinner break” to actually walk to the said placable.

Never in a million years. Thralls can’t even figure out they’re supposed to defend you (or themselves) until the player character gets hit.

1 Like

Now that’s the way to make a coherent, well thought out, argument. Well said.
I completely agree, by the way.

2 Likes

Okey they just said on the stream they are not planning on adding a server setting to completely turn off the feeding requirement.
But you will be able to change feeding range and food consumption.

We can always hope!

I hope it will be a server setting which can be enabled or disabled.

From my (short) test of the testlive build, thralls seem to require specific kinds of food, which may depend on the faction of the thrall. There is a little box at the bottom of the thrall inventory showing some food items, which I assume is what they want to eat. Gruel didn’t seem to work. Feels heavy to maintain (considering a stack of 50 roasted haunches for example decays in 1 day…)
Couldn’t test further because of other game-breaking bugs on testlive.

Hey friends :slight_smile:

Takes me 30 mins minimum - and have to respec or redress for the north in that.

I have a base in every biome with some thralls.

atm they are low in health (100)at logon (after a restart) and will be killed in a purge easylillilly.

Yes, i had an Imp purge (@ south)at an official pve-c server. (no taunts or anything)
Sandstone with heavy damage(like 30 foundations), even by Imps and most thralls died.

So i travel the map via maprooms and obi’s to regen that low health (need to every day, but im tired of it)

Why this context/comment:
It will be comparable with thrall feeding routine needed when feeding is introduced imo.

Think Funcom , think!