So now Thralls need regular food?

Please do a thorough testing on the system.

I spent weeks farming thralls and my main base is 99% named thralls even fighters, archers and bearers (For decor mainly) so I don’t really want to lose them all due to a bug making all thralls starve to death even in bases.

2 Likes

Well, just for safety, when it releases, why don’t you put a feeding through inside your base, and whenever possible, -just for safety- check your thralls for hunger and if possible leave some food inside them. (at least a few, so you don’t lose all of them :rofl:

1 Like

I will for sure, but with work I don’t log much during the week.

So, for clarification purposes, all thralls at your base don’t need to be fed, or only thralls that are on an actual station don’t need to be fed?? Seems kind of weird to create thrall pots and feeding boxes if thralls on your defensive walls don’t need to be fed.

2 Likes

So happy:hugs:

I have to apologize as I misunderstood the internal explanation. So that’s totally on me:

Thralls that are at crafting stations don’t have to be fed. Thralls that are placed in the world (base or outside) will have to be fed. You can use feed boxes to feed a bigger amount of thralls for convenience, for example in your base.

Once again, apologies for the misunderstanding :woman_facepalming:

5 Likes

aw, for one shining moment I thought you were going to be reasonable about it :cry:

3 Likes

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO my hopes were up

1 Like

Can we please get a clarification on the feeder’s radius?

Thanks

2 Likes

Can you just release the patch already so we can stop typing and start playing. :smirk:

1 Like

Still not even a yes or no if this will be a server setting? Come on now.

3 Likes

Funcom:

Please consider the ramifications of updating the existing thrall system by adding the food/starvation/perishing aspect to the game.

• You are toying with an established system that was already allegedly complete at launch. This will not be viewed favorably by players.

• Requiring combat thralls to be fed adds an additional layer of micro-management. Generally speaking - micro-management is bad. While this may not be a major issue or time sink for some players, it can and will be a colossal impediment for other players.

• Adding this requirement for combat thralls ought to be done in order to meet or address a gameplay purpose. What is the purpose for allowing combat thralls to starve? Is there a balance issue with the way the combat thralls currently operate? I do plenty of raiding - only some of the best thralls with the best outfitting and strategy (and great numbers) pose significant threat. If a player or a clan has gone through the effort of breaking 50 archers, they should be able to reap the reward for their labors.

• On a centralized food distribution placable - this is a good idea, and I would really call it a requirement if feeding combat thralls is going in as a non-negotiable “feature.” However, this will require space, planning, building mats to cover, defense, trickery, and redundancy… or else a single trebuchet boulder could destroy the soup kitchen, which will lead the thrall army to perish to starvation. While this does make for a sort of real-life under-siege kind of feel to it - is this truly a part of your vision for the game?

I do not like the idea of requiring players to feed their combat thralls. I will likely stop placing combat thralls until the disposition of this new “feature” becomes clear. If you do press forward, and require thralls to be fed, this will not be much different than having placed combat thralls fall through foundation blocks to their death. So - might as well bring that bug back - the outcomes of both the bug and the new “feature” would be equivalent.

Thank you for reading, and for giving our input consideration.

3 Likes

Look at their stance on offline purge raids on official servers. They do not care whatsoever if a “feature” benefits us. They do what they want, period, unless nearly everyone rallies against it- which I expect we will with thrall feeding. Unless maybe if one pot affects your entire claim radius and only needs filling once a week, which is doubtful.

They do what they need to do in order to fulfill their vision for the game. It is impossible to cater to every audience. However, it may end up being that the vision that they have for the game is ultimately a game that players are unwilling to continue playing. shrug If their vision is to make this into Conan Exiles: The SIMS Edition, so be it. Their players will enter/exit the game accordingly.

So, thralls have been broken forever and they add more crap for us to do and still haven’t fixed the health bug? Yeah, I’m done.

1 Like

A couple of issues I would like to see addressed:

1. As some have said, do you need 1 thrall pot per base, or do they have a functional radius?

2. Will food placedin these pots have an extended decay time, possibly influenced by the thrall placed at the station?

3. If so, will you be able to take that food back out again? That could defeat the point of the freezer box, as I would think the thrall pot would need to be craftable when you unlock the first wheel at lvl 10. It would also need to use lesser mats (no Black Ice). Now I have a better way to preserve food, even if the rate isn’t quite as good.

Hey :slight_smile:
I am a (3000 hrs+, EA since 02-2017)solo player in official pve-c servers.

I have a compact base in every biome, well build/situated to withstand a purge, and defended by 2 - 3 archers, 1 heavy footman fighter for those who will get in.

atm i have to travel the whole map to recharche my thralls from 100 to max again.

Every day!

I have to - re-dress up or respec to go to the cold areas to recharge those thralls.

IT’S A PAIN EVERY DAY , takes 15 -30 mins minimum.

Food will be similar i would think??

Please make it work right or do not go there!

Thanks for your time.

3 Likes

This is going to be an epic disater. The feeding thing will be buggy as hell, and will take months of complaining to get Funcom to either the eliminate thrall feeding requirement, or patch it to working 75% of the time. Funcom is going to lose a lot more players when they force thrall feeding down our throats!

3 Likes

The mechanic isn’t even on testlive yet so we won’t know what it is like yet except from the info from the newsletter do it is best not to say things like it will be an epic failure until it has been through testlive and out onto live.

2 Likes

If this is the case, why not just allow the remaining community “clean” those up? I have done so on many occasions. As soon as raid hours begin, if I find any “leftover” thralls, I gut them and take their stuffs. Unless they are the conveniently placed dancer, of course. :slight_smile:

2 Likes