So we get a new map - a new island - and rhino mounts :)

Yeah if you host a server there has always been a dropdown for the map. Its just always been the only map thats existed up to this point.

Sorry. We have no idea what will be done to the older map and to try to say otherwise is just trying to push an agenda. There is still plenty that can be upgraded on the old map. Plenty.

1 Like

Do the caps make you feel better?

It’s not a map expansion, and it’s not a new game. It’s an expansion pack. Look it up.

That’s speculation. I’ll believe that when I see it, especially because it doesn’t make sense from the business point of view.

Think about it this way: because it’s an expansion pack, you need to own the base game in order to play the expansion. It doesn’t make sense to completely neglect the base game, because that’s the hook for the new players to buy the expansion.

There are plenty of ways to release new content for both maps, too.

A good deal of the bugs in the base game are also the bugs that will affect the expansion, because – being an expansion and not a new game – it uses the same engine. And I’m not talking about UE engine, I’m talking about the full CE stack.

3 Likes

Yes, it is. It adds content to the base game, that you cannot play without the base game. It’s the definition of the expansion pack. This trend of trying to redefine established terms like “software exploit” or “expansion pack” is silly.

Funny, Brood Wars is the example I keep using to explain to people why this is an expansion pack. Again, it has nothing to do with your arbitrary requirement to continue the story. Witcher 3 continues the story from Witcher 2. Does that make it an expansion pack?

Yes, they can. They keep doing that all the time. That’s how we got mounts despite the fact that flying rhinos are still in the game, for example.

Thanks for clarifying that. I’m afraid that still doesn’t make what you wrote any truer, but it’s good to see you having fun.

1 Like

The world where you have been playing is not the game. They expanded the options of maps to play the same game in different scenarios, so, it’s an Expansion. :^)
Also, what’s wrong with a smaller map? (if it happens to be) as i see it the experience will be different
it says in the begining of the trailer, let me quote: “The isle of Siptah introduces a whole new way of playing Conan Exiles, with new enviroments, creatures, mounts and new materials”
How is this new way of playing conan exiles will be is yet to be seen, but so far, it is pretty much an expansion :eyes:

2 Likes

Every time anything happens, a “large number” of people on the forums are angry. That’s because angry people are more motivated to post than those who aren’t. They’re louder. They use lots of caps. They go to every thread they can find and spam the same thing over and over. They bash the devs and the directors and demand that some of them be fired.

That’s why it always looks like it’s a “large number”. Doesn’t mean it is.

Although, to be honest, this particular case doesn’t even look like a large number. I was here when they announced the follower cap. Now that was a large number of furious people. And the first time they introduced momentum-based movement and playing Conan felt like steering a tetraplegic ox? That was a large number of furious people.

This? This is just the usual bunch: a group of people who were disappointed because they had different expectations, with a sprinkling of entitled whiners with a grudge who can’t wait to be given an excuse to throw a temper tantrum and be the loudest in the room.

5 Likes

That’s not what I said. I literally said there are people who are genuinely disappointed.

No, no, please, be my guest, tell me how you really feel.

2 Likes

Almost. But if you read carefully, I didn’t.

And I’ll go even further, and say that there are even some who are not only genuinely but also rightfully disappointed. For example, people playing on consoles.

Yes. And that sucks. And it’s a genuine grievance. And you should criticize Funcom for that. And it has abso-freaking-lutely nothing to do with you spamming every thread you could find with how this expansion pack is the “dumbest decision making” and how “the director should be fired” and “start selling beer and hot dogs”.

The definition of an expansion pack is not a matter of feelings or opinions. It’s the definition. Feel free to say this doesn’t feel like an expansion pack. Or that it sucks compared to other games’ expansion packs. But when you say it’s not an expansion pack, that’s like claiming this site is not a forum.

I am making fun of you and your attitude. And I’ll make fun of anyone arrogant and entitled enough to suggest that a dev or a director should be fired. Feel free to flag those posts. That’s how the forum works.

It’s not my native language, either. So what? Did I say anything about your language proficiency?

Or maybe they flag posts that are insulting and toxic. Or off topic, because you spammed the same thing in a thread that has nothing to do with it.

Flag. Them.

1 Like

Neither am I. It’s not about disliking your opinion. It’s about disliking your way of communicating it. It’s about how you shout, how you demand that people be fired because you didn’t like something, how you insult people because you didn’t like someething, and how you on top of all of that come around to demand respect for yourself. That is what I’m making fun of.

No. They actually can’t. Every company I’ve ever worked for has strict rules about how to deal with that stuff. Typically it boils down to letting the mods and the community deal with it, and occasionally posting a mild, generic comment, like the one Ignasis often posts – “please remember to keep it civil”.

But whether they can defend themselves or not is not the point. If I saw you in a grocery shop, screaming at the checkout attendant, I would not be okay with that, regardless of whether the attendant is a dude built like Dwayne Johnson or a little old lady. It ain’t cool.

3 Likes

Are they off topic?

Honestly, at this hour of the night, I have neither the patience nor the crayons to explain to you why it’s a crappy thing to say what you did, no matter how much you split hairs about your choice of words.

I am talking about why I flag what I flag, not why other people do it. And in my case, it’s not about disliking your opinions.

Welcome to the world of community-moderated forums. It’s not like this one is unique in that aspect.

Why did you think the forum had the option to flag a post in the first place?

Im very sceptical to how the thrall system gonna work on this map too. One location to get thralls from sounds very unbalanced and aalpha tribes will just have monopoly on it, but maybe im wrong

2 Likes

I saw the trailer, and as a former player am I engaged to return to the game? Maybe via new map?
Nope, not impressed: the trailer was good do not misunderstand me but… but the content does not seem so exciting to me, it looks like the same soup with re-utilized assets.
Maybe there are totally different new biomes in that Isle of Siptah but… for what I saw, there is nothing to hook me up enough to make me return to the game.
Maybe I was wrong expecting something more, my fault, sorry.

1 Like

I would guess because the person asking the question has made it clear – both in their first post and the subsequent ones – that they own the server and aren’t renting it. The question is whether you can run both maps on the same machine.

Tell me, does saying that G-Portal is the “worst hosting company there is” help answer that question in any way? Does implying that this expansion pack is a “cleverly designed ploy to ruin many private servers” help answer that question in any way? Does complaining about those two posts being flagged help answer the question in any way?

Don’t play in the expansion then and stick to the old map and the old mods.

Pretty simple :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Then agian the whole problem of private is how the admins behave… never, never seen a good private, always admins(with some friends) with their own little playgrounds beeing like little narcists.

So your- pro private - stance is not (at all) the general experience with elder CE players.

1 Like

Ive watched the trailer, and im underwelmed just like some inhere.

You regocnize old stuff nicely animated ( the buildings shown are from fanservers it seems)its like they used this expantion (its seems te be just a biome)wich they promised to be free in the early days to split it to an "extra"game to create more revenue.

I (clearly) remember you (FC) promising us in EA… you promised additional maps/biomes would always be free and dlcs would be just cosmetical and not pay to win.

Pinocchio !!

We just have to roll with the punches.

lol ok. I’ve been running on a private server since conan pre released in 2017 with the same community. We’ve been doing just fine.

I also play on a second private server run by another guy I know that has a large 40 player population that is an RP server thats been up since late 2018. Also runs just fine with no drama.

I think the problem may not be private servers but some of you looking for drama and actively creating it instead.

1 Like

They are not. FUncom has several games they run at this time. Age of Conan is still going and being updated. It pre dates Conan Exiles. I still play when the ping is too high for Exiles.

Some long ago in a galaxy far away they coined a name for this it was the NEW GAME EXPERIENCE.

I will call this from now on. The DEVs and older players know what this is. A well deserved slap in the face.

i wonder
if we capture thralls in the new map , and we level them up, are the stats going to be fixed? or really poorly random like they are now? like archers getting fighter perks and so forth? i didnt see any word on those fixes , cause that’s very frustrating.

1 Like

As far nothing has been said about any changes - we can assume thrall stats and perks will remain the same they are now.
On the other hand, every patch we get some undocumented changes (ranging from lazy patch note writing to out right bugs) - I wouldn’t be surprised if dancers will suddenly become more deadly then fighters

1 Like