So which monster grind do you find most tedious?

@Katelin
That’s total overkill when it comes to mob respawn time. :v:

@Onevia
I found the trip upstairs wasn’t worth the time effort (finished my Zmeu farm when I had mythic gear), but yes, those two upstairs can be implemented if you find you got a wide enough spawn gap in-between runs.

I remember the Zmeu champion, but the top one? was that the ‘mother’ Zmeu? I got the champion on the zone map, but forgot to ‘update’ this farm map. Mission specific mobs aren’t on my maps. That would necessitate a huge wall of text for each zone, instead a simple ‘color = add’ box. As it is, I find it difficult enough that I can’t specify which floor each dot is on.

I dare you to make some interactive maps where you can be that specific, and share with the rest of us. :grin:

1 Like

I have a pretty solid delay between cycles so it’s worth going to the upstairs ones. I never timed it but it’s something like 150 seconds to kill everything, 200 second respawn. Of course I am IP1740 or whatever and kill most of them in a couple hits (and IP is kinda misleading, I’ve done almost as much damage since 1200-1300 ish). I couldn’t figure out a consistent route to kill faster in the springs so I just did those ones. Full melee build might be limiting me in the springs, I think they have more range opportunities.

Yes, it’s the ‘mother’ zmeu. no XP but respawns pretty fast.

I also felt the springs/pools were slower to farm kills, so there might be something there.

Melee have a small disadvantage in that you need to be in their face to pull/fight, but mostly it’s all about the ‘situational awareness’ in regards to the filth pools and whatnot.

Not true, there is place in CF where they DO SPAWN TWO CAMPS! so what you do is wach between those two camps and if spawning process does not shift, you can kill few guardians…mmm… Zetmei there spawns kinda fast though!

I never said they didn’t have multiple spawn camps - I simply left it at spawn points, plural, which are in the Carpathian Fangs! The method you’ve just described is ‘clearing out their spawn points over and over’, but worded in a different manner. :wink:

I only didn’t specify where the precise points were in the CF because my post was aimed more at answering the question on tedium. I could go into elaborate detail of every method I mentioned or alluded to if people wanted, but I didn’t want to derail the thread.

Even so, running a murder route can be considered tedious! And unlike Scarecrows and Shades, who both also have Murder Routes and were mentioned earlier, Zmei don’t have much in the way of passive kill sources to help your kill count rise while doing other content!

I think tediousness is related to how many kills you can get while doing other content, plus if you are unlikely to get the capstone while doing so, how many spawn and how fast otherwise.

Jinn never really got less tedious - I didn’t have time to do a daily dungeon, so it was sit-and-wait on the one spawn point.

Shades - at least I could run around Moon Bog and by the time I was finished I could cycle back and keep going.

Revenants I am finding really tedious because (until I came back to this post) I thought they only spawned in one mission (They Mostly Come at Night? CF, at Emily’s parents’ house anyway) and other than that I was cycling the 3 (count them!) at the farm in BF. The Boathouse mission might give some more variety (or at least more daily kills).

I suppose I should mention that my strategy is to incorporate as many kills of a certain type into the daily MoF monster kill as possible. For the most part I stop when I’ve done that quota, so how long it takes depends on how many other kills get mixed in there. The revenants are slow, because I end up killing scarecrows and spirits(?) while doing those - and I already have the capstone for those.

I’m kind of dreading Komainu, and I don’t know how I’m going to do them. They’re only available in the Kaiden lair, so I have no idea how I’m going to solo them. A thousand of any monster is not really doable in any reasonable amount of time if you are depending on the availability of a raid of players (is that a valid collective noun?)

BTW the Strange Boathouse in the Mist mission only provides one revenant. It does provide a number of scarecrows.

They Mostly Come at Night provides seven.

At a time. If you don’t pick up the mission item and run away then come back, revenant will spawn again. Several people grouped on this mission can make the respawn faster.
Of course, if you do this, make sure to not get in the way of people who just want to finish the mission.

3 Likes

So the optimal place to grind these really depends on whether you are grouping.

If you are after Scarecrows then the route we hunt has about 70 in it.
Starting in BF at Red Hand Observatory well, then loop through all the farm buildings and fields til you get to the caves SE of Olaru farm. Then warp back to the Observatory and do it again :slight_smile:

Did that. Scarecrows are easy. It’s Revenants that are thin on the ground.

1. Strange Boathouse in the Mist - one respawning (not sure what the timer is) if you don’t take the mission.
  2. They Mostly Come at Night - seven, but you have to take the mission for them to show and they don’t respawn.
  3. BF Olaru farm - three respawning. Haven’t timed it, but when I was doing scarecrows by the time I was finished going through the farm in one direction the revenants at the other end had respawned. Now that I’m done, I have to wait. I usually pick the little bridge down by the stream - it’s kind of restful. Too bad about the ghouls upstream (don’t drink the water).
  4. Occasional solo spawns in waves 9(?) and up in Occult Defense scenario - the “Hunter” variant.
  5. When I was playing through the story occasionally one would appear - I never did figure out the criteria. Perhaps I was disturbing crows on the ground?

That’s all that I can think of. Are there other Revenant spawns?

Surprised Kongamoto were not mentioned. They only spawn in one specific portion of New Dawn and they do not respawn. You have to reset the instance to get them, plus they are very spread out and you have to deal with the hyenas (that you probably already have long since maxed) while hunting them.

I don’t know if this solution is for both with and without the mission, but if you engage the revenant and don’t kill it right away, it will spawn a second revenant. Both revenants counts toward the kill achievement.

So if you take the mission, you can kill two, move away and come back in, kill two more, then rinse and repeat. Yes, having a group makes the grind faster, but even as solo it will go fast - much faster than any of the other options we have for killing revenants.

On the issue of others wanting to complete the mission:
If someone shows up and want this, then have them wait a little (a few seconds) while you move far enough away to not have the game register that you also want that mission item. When they have done that part, you can move back in and continue your grinding.

If you’re including the New Dawn stuff, then Blooded also only spawn in one mission. Although you do get a bunch of them - haven’t counted how many you have to kill (since the mission involves killing “all of them”).

I assume that both Kongamoto and Blooded would be in the “Congo” update if/when that comes out.

From elsewhere the developers seemed to be moving away from “European” type monsters so I would assume that new areas with Revenants would not be forthcoming. Of course, that’s pure speculation.

For me not to one-shot the Revenant in Savage Coast would be a bit difficult. Since I’m currently at 910 IP, I would either have to under-gear for the mission or just unequip stuff.

Don’t try and hit it at all when it spawns, just wait a sec in its aggro range and the second one spawns regardless of damage after the first one’s attack, if I recall correctly. At 910 IP you won’t even feel it hitting you :stuck_out_tongue:

You can get around 100 Blooded per clear of the mission and you don’t have to go far to get them all. They’re clustered. There are around 14 or 15 Kongamoto that are scattered across the entire southern portion of New Dawn. One at a time. With Hyenas bothering you in between.

Blooded are zero problem at all. Hyenas are zero problem since there are also tons of them. There was once a way to get hyenas to spawn forever from one of the vents, but I don’t know if that still works.

Tomes in Shambala are the worst monster imo.

I found that once you know where they fly around and at what roofs to look it gets considerable faster. Somewhere on the forum flies a guide where I mapmarked them. Since they don’t need so many you probably have them pretty fast. I think I got them before Hyena.