Sounds as if the game is constantly underwater and adjusting volume slider cause performance issues

Game mode: [Singleplayer]
Problem: [Bug]
Region: [AU/PAL]

Seems the Savage voice set is bugged rather badly since the last patch, after loading my single player save, minus the bubbling sounds, every sound effect and voice is distorted and muffled, making them sound like the player is underwater. Of course to add to it, my character makes absolutely no sound during battle or when landing from a slight fall, and to add to it, quitting the game and re-loading the save does not help fix this irritating issue.

I also attempted to see if reducing the volume to 0 and then bringing it back up would fix it, except every time the volume sliders move just one notch in-game, the game’s framerate drastically drops for 3-4 seconds and not allowing any button input until the framerate normalizes.

EDIT: It seems to fix the issue, just quitting the game and re-entering it isn’t enough, you need to quit the game and then close it via the PS4’s home screen

Steps on how to reproduce issue:

1. Load save with a female character using the Savage voice set
  2. Hear the game sound like it’s underwater and the character not speak at all
  3. Attempt to adjust volume
  4. Witness huge framerate drops
1 Like

Yeah, volume slider is extremely slow.
Why Funcom doesn’t correct this problem?

The solution is simple.
If they can’t maintain smooth moving slider, just drop background rendering framerate when open system menu.

Thank you for the report :slight_smile: I’ve added this, and several similar reports, to our internal bug list.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.