Spear is overpowered

Sadly, people love the spear, its easy and they would not wanna see it change.

I have skills :stuck_out_tongue: i like to 1 v2 a lot, tried lots of builds… and avoided using the 2 handed spear because everyone else was using it. As my recent post and video shows ( Lag and the 2 handed Spear (Feedback)) , i was disheartening at how easy the spear was, even in the hand of someone that had never used it in pvp (so, no skills with that weapon, but easier than the weapons i’ve use in pvp for 1000s of hours).

as i say in the post I’ve linked to:

''Yes balancing is so difficult. An issue that has to be taking into mind is PVP and PVE players. For example, the 1h axe, its a wonderful PVE weapons, to me, the best. Its AoE with a jump in attack, and kills faster vs a hammer, 2h sword or 2h spear. even with the 2h sword having 72 damage modded and the ask having 59 modded.

But the axe just fails in PvP with the littlest lag. Only with perfect condition can it be sure to make contact, to be sure the target you are casual hitting is really there.’’

so anyone claiming it’s player skill only… i don’t think you understand the issues. Sure you can win with other weapons vs the 2h spear… depend on the level of skill of each player, but when you in a server where the best player end up surviving, skill are high on both side, and everyone ends up having to use the 2h spear else bee disadvantaged by choice.

I felt like, what’s the point in the other weapons for pvp?

The weapons have a very different balance for Pve, especially the axe, the best for Pve i personally think, but wont work on a PvP server in a fight with some lag…

I wonder how many of these people saying the 2h is not OP only play Pve or , have never been on the more comparative official PVP server, where you have to wait to get on (always full) and only the best last more than a few weeks.

Its not about lack of skill, its about, ‘why use any other weapon in competitive PvP’ (best vs Best)

2 Likes