Game mode: Single-player
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE
Region:Not applicable, NA English client though
This is actually a minor bug introduced in 2.5, however I had already made multiple major bug reports at that time and held off on a minor bug report until those were resolved.
Now that 2.6 resolves the major bugs, I’ve checked and found this minor bug has persisted into 2.6 so here we go:
When you have a shield sheathed on your back, the sprinting animation has no footstep sound effects anymore. It does not matter what type of weapon you have paired with your shield, it could be shield alone, shield+sword, or shield+mace, the only thing causing this is the presence of a sheathed shield.
This is likely a bug in either the animation files or the animation system and was undoubtedly introduced when both were adjusted for the new weapon sheathing system introduced in 2.5
While writing this report I’ve also just realized that I haven’t tested if it’s reproduceable on male PCs, only female PCs. It’s possibly it doesn’t affect them if they use different sprint animations.
- Obtain a shield and equip it in your off-hand.
- Sheathe the shield on your back through any manner.
- First run around at a leisurely pace and listen to the footstep sfx.
- Next, sprint on the same surface and observe a lack of footstep sfx.
- Consider removing the shield from your back and repeating steps 3 and 4 to hear the expected behavior.
If the above doesn’t reproduce the bug on a male character, attempt reproduction on a female character.