Stagger Swagger made worse with lagger

Nope. Nice last attempt. Just bow out gracefully .

i agree with this idea but needs more than that… means it should also add chanches of ricochets of hits depending of the armour visual model (not type) and the chanche tied to agility that a player attack may miss (perhaps agility vs agility comparison based?)

far from last be sure…

But that adds RNG and that reduces player agency and players don’t like that usually.

1 Like

i also do not like rng but in combat it is a factor… would say i might be ok if it is around 5-10%. gives more potential to attribute system though an overhaul of combat mechanics based on some attribute set perks (far more usefull than efficient drinker XD)

Exactly this…

And guys its a game, the game should be fun, not annoying and frustrating

Staying out of getting stunlocked shouldn’t be the challenge. The fight should be the challenge.

Most of the time you can’t even avoid getting stunlocked cause one of the npc’s teleport lag to a location you didn’t predict and hits you starting the stunlock with his other 2 npcs that followed him.
(I understand server lag is hard to fix, but at least change the combat and AI)

There is no way its a fun experience for anyone unless you do nothing but build in this game.
You can’t visit a slightly bigger camp without the risk of npcs stunlocking you like crazy.

World bosses are way easier than npcs currently… crazy…

Agreed.

I remember there was a time where only max 3 NPCs were attacking a player at the same time. The others just stood by and watched.

I think the fact that they removed this limitation made fighting in big camps frustrating. They should add it back to the game.

Or they can hit each other the same way we can.

As soon as that change was made, I figured out that rushing into the center of 20 enemies was a bad idea, and big camps should be fought in smaller pieces. That is, don’t aggro the whole camp at once. If you and your thrall can pull three or four enemies at a time, you should be able to whack them down and then move on.

Maybe I’m just a weird one, playing an action game using patience, planning and tactics as my weapons - but that may be the developers’ intention.

2 Likes

I do this too although when shooting 1 arrow at the nearest enemy will often not result in a few coming your way.

For example on the Isle of Siptah when you shoot some npc on Bartards stand you’re getting 3-10 npcs at once even when doing it slowly and safe as possible, all spears poking you in the stagger swagger order (worse on the platform in front of the huge tower, thralls refuse to follow you there and the npcs refuse to leave the platform so you’re on your own against 5+ most of the time… it is bugged I think).

I died many times there due to getting stuck in stunlock, the only option is to run away, try again and run away again. You waste so much time on trying to do a safe clear there :confused: very annoying and not a fun thing to do.

And this is not the only place. Try the undead boss with all the skeletons surrounding him at the Unamed City, its a very bad experience running around like a moron trying to not get hit and stunlocked :confused:

I’m not asking for ez mode clear, far from it… I prefer npcs to do even more damage on you and your thralls. That should be the challenge, not the challenge avoid to get stunlocked.

1 Like

LOL, my favorite fight is this army of skeletons. The axe heavy attack is uninterruptable and you can AOE them down. Just hit and roll, then move hit again and roll.

I wonder how you not get interrupted with heavy axe attacks cause I get interupted with any weapon I tried, axe is my main go to weapon. Maybe lag?

Anyway lag and avoid getting stunlocked should still not be the challenge in combat, at least not the main challenge which as of now kind of is.

1 Like

I usually go off of a block when I hit heavy with my axe. I do not get interrupted, even though I take some damage, and can clear a group of mobs pretty fast. Most likely it is lag, but I seldom lag and can roll out of a group easily.
Stunlock/stagger IS annoying, but IMO easy to defend against.

It is, but a very poor way to execute combat in my opinion.

1 Like

Mastering the mechanics of the fight should be the challenge not some artificial stop gap to AI limitations.

You also forgot to add avoiding dancers and dagger wielders, because bleed stacks will happen in a blink and now your trying to heal -stop bleed and avoid stagger.

1 Like

Yeah …bleed. Scratches at this somehow lead to bleeding out the same way as gashes. Heck I guess we could be happy that you don’t get bleeds while blocking the attack on a shield (yet) like happens at times with poisons.

1 Like

Well the NPCs are slower than players. You can actually use bandages to remove bleed stack and manage to escape without them applying more bleed stacks.

It works with light armor. I am not sure about heavy armor and the slow stamina regen.