Static Shadow Anomoly

Game mode: Online Private
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE
Region: Canada, eh.

Nintendo 64 shadow.

TeleportPlayer -333682.8125 -342809.0625 -3107.55249

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Teleport to location.
2 Likes

not a bug really, that’s how movable, dynamic light’s shadow works

Hey @rigultru

Thanks for the observation. Could you also let us know your graphical settings to see if we can replicate this on our end?

1 Like

It isn’t movable, or dynamic. If you approach the fire, the shadow pops in like an oil stain on the floor and if you slightly move away from it, it disappears. Hence the ‘static’ in the title.

Ignasis, I can post my settings later today. I haven’t seen a shadow like this anywhere else in the game that is why I brought it up.

2 Likes

no, not what I meant, that’s how they’re defined in UE, their actual mobility in game does not matter
CE is mostly using movable lights with shadows off for that very reason (and fact that they’re bit resource intensive) but we have shadowcasting light here and there, bar in sepemeru for example, have you noticed?

2 Likes

Oh okay yeah after looking around some more I see it is consistent.

Never mind me Ignasis!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.