Station / Chest decay timer bug, PvE Server

Game mode: [Online private ]
Type of issue: [ Bug ]
Server type: [PvE]
Region: [Europe]

[The Title says it all! Alchemy Stations / Cooking Stations / Wheels of Pain / Chests have a broken decay timer for food and items ( like pets ). Crafted 8 Skeletons yesterday on a server where one skeleton had 24 hours of decay time - thinking i’ll be able to collect them today when i’m coming online. BUT NOPE! 5 of the 8 i crafted just disappeared. Because the decay timer in those stations is broken. The timer works just fine in player inventory OR if the player stays close to the station, but if you walk away for …dunno, 50 steps or so…the timer accelerates in a stupid way. One example would be the Stonenose Eggs. I put them into the compost heap, because the normal timer on my server is something like 120 hours for one egg. Inside the compost heap it shows as around 5 hours. I walked away from the station for about 50 steps and watched a video for about 30 minutes. Came back - all Pebblenoses were hatched already. IF those stations accelerate decay EVEN more than what’s shown ( compost heap example ), the timer should adjust accordingly and show the right time! Just like in the compost heap ( if you stay right next to it )! Please fix this, there is no way to plan how much food / time i should calculate if it doesn’t show me the right time.

Update: When offline, food also decays at an accelerated rate inside player inventory. Went offline for 20 minutes and 50 pieces of exotic meat went bad - even though ONE piece of exotic meat has 2 hours of decay on that server.]

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Put stuff into a station / chest
  2. Get some distance to said station / chest
  3. Play / wait for about 30 minutes
  4. About 5 hours+ of decay time gone.

Hey @RagnarRagnarson92

We’ll send note to our team about this issue so they can look into it.
Thanks for the feedback.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.