Stationary/Stuck Follower Thralls

Game mode: Single-player
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE
Region: Localhost

Follower thralls spend 95% of their time standing still or running in place, followed by teleporting after me when I get too far away. Very occasionally I can break this loop by swapping items in their inventories, but nine times out of ten I have to restart the game to get them to actually follow me, and they usually reenter the bugged state as soon as I engage an enemy.

I was seeing this behavior before I applied any mods at all to my game, so I’m highly doubtful that it’s a modding issue (although it’s possible that a mod could be exacerbating the issue.)

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Enter a game.
  2. Tell a thrall to follow.
  3. If the thrall actually moves rather than just running in place, engage an enemy in combat.
  4. Observe that thereafter, the thrall can’t move normally and only keeps up by teleportation. The thrall will engage enemies, moving normally to fight, but as soon as combat ends, it’s back to being stuck and/or running in place.

The error appears to be mine. There’s a mod (Fashionist) I must have activated around the same time that I got my first thrall, and it appears to be the cause.

1 Like

Happens to me on official too…

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.