Stay safe in these troubling times

Go backpacking sometime with a new woods’ initiate and they’ll do one thing well: guard their TP. I had one girlfriend say TP was a comfort of civilization. This was right after I’d just popped open a catch-bag, next to a small sapling to which she could hold on with one hand. She was especially complimentary of my premium brand.

When hiking, despite cramped space, new hikers will usually bring 4 de-tubed and zip-bagged rolls for a 7-day hike. Probably because they think of it as multi-purpose.

My father tried 4 days in a row now to purchase one pack of toilettpaper for his and his wife in different markets without success. People are just crazy.

A friend posted this on Face book…lol for us old people

tp meme

6 Likes

Side note, Funcom can we get a new treb ammo, toilet paper!!! just to “decorate” our enemies base with :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I chalked it up to people being afraid they were going to close the stores so they figured they needed enough tp to last.

Whatever you do to pass time, don’t start reading Margaret Atwood’s MaddAddam Trilogy :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

When this first started, major news outlets posted their “guidelines” on what you should do.

Top of the list, stock up on toilet paper.

News agencies are the worst thing ever right now. They post stupid crap to panic people and draw in the clickbait susceptible.

Happens all the time in my area in the winter. The idiots that do the weather talk about how “bad” this snow coming in is going to be. Sending all the idiot sheep running to Walmart to stock up on bread and milk for the next Ice Age we will be getting. Along with batteries and other things.

Then they return it all for refunds after we get 1" of snow and nothing else.

2 Likes

Toilet paper I do understand. It’s always been kind of a go to item during every major crisis, whether there’s actually a crisis or not. Not just because people are panicking and buying way more than they should, but also because in order to protect yourself from a run on toilet paper, you have to participate in the run on toilet paper. So it’s kind of this horrible self perpetuating cycle.

The one’s I really don’t get are the people who insist on breaking quarantine. The CDC says avoid crowded spaces and gatherings, so they go pack the bars and restaurants. Officials say stay home as much as possible, so they go out with their friends every night. The doctor starts running your test or you’ve already tested positive, so you go out to a party. WTF don’t you understand about the word “quarantine”?

1 Like

People are idiots. Plain and simple.

1 Like

So where is the Named TP vendor in game? Is he in the volcano or what?

FYI just read a report that while people all over are rushing to buy toilet paper the run in the states is people are lining up to buy guns. maybe they take their toilet paper ownership more seriously and you will have to pry it out of their cold dead hands if you want it.

5 Likes

Blasphemy!
The Pyre of a Sacret Roll! :astonished:

1 Like

That maybe showing up music videos for rappers instead of burning currency.

You realize you just burned $100 :scream:

1 Like

3rwwot1

6 Likes

10 Likes

I cant stop laughing HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

2 Likes

Not to put too fine a point on it, but yes. Though it’s not the toilet paper perse as much as it is the home invasion by the person trying to take said toilet paper (and god only knows what else). Nothing like a little civil unrest to put things in perspective.

1 Like

2020-03-17_18-04-30

3 Likes

I immediately thought of this guy when I first heard of the toilet paper hoarding.

1 Like

People are getting so desperate now that the local stores have all set up a security checkpoint on the toilet paper when they get a shipment. Physical barriers, guards, the works. Only thing missing is actual razor wire strung across the top of the shelves.

On the bright side, maybe this whole situation will wake some people up and make them realize that emergency preparedness is not hoarding or something to be mocked. Not that they’ll stay awake for long once things calm down of course, but there’s always a chance something will stick.