Steam free weekend

I saw in Funcoms latest quarter report that there Will be an Steam free weekend this month. Could you tell me when? :slight_smile: Would Love to try the game and then maybe buy it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Would have to make a free weekend too on PS4 / XBOX, this would make the folks who never played test the now updated game. :1st_place_medal::trophy::ok_hand::hugs:

Oh joy hordes of clueless folk invading the official servers.

3 Likes

Could Funcom maybe answer my question=)

isn’t official where the clueless folks belong :stuck_out_tongue:

Kind of kidding but their is a grain of truth to that joke :wink: .

Aye, it’s the natural first point of contact (other than single player).

Though it does seem I may have to put “This is the Decay system, it’s why your pet pen is gone, and it’s gonna f…k you up (and how to avoid it)” back in Notepad for easy copy/pasting into General chat.

4 Likes

@Mikey you may want to add i woke up and my horse is gone to that notepad.

2 Likes

Oh aye, “Don’t worry, your thrall/pet/horse did not disappear it’s where you last left it guarding (and here’s what guarding means)” is another classic.

2 Likes

Maybe Funcom should stop new users from joining any official servers so they don’t ruin the fun of you veterans? Just an idea.

1 Like

No way, its like watching black Friday at walmart

1 Like

Ah, so I’ll have to change my macro from “WARNING: Incoming sandstorm” back to “WARNING: Incoming sandstorm. Seek shelter or drop a bedroll!” :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Sandstorm is still broke though, isn’t it? Still occasionally racing across the starting area and wiping out new characters?

What’s it been, like a year now?

Definitely still bugged. Not sure how long it’s been – I’ve lost track by now :wink:

Yeah, almost a year. I just looked on the Trello board. “Added for prioritization on Jan 17.” and no movement since.

So… can anyone tag Funcom so i can get answer when free weekend till come in december? :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Ignasi @Jens_Erik

1 Like

Hey there,

Once there’s anything we can announce we will through the usual channels of communication.
Apologies for the inconvenience.

2 Likes

Would have to make a free weekend too on PS4 / XBOX, this would make the folks who never played test the now updated game. :1st_place_medal::trophy::ok_hand::hugs:

i saw now on steamdb that it will be steam free weekend start today to 17 december. woohoo ty funcom!

1 Like

So people can download the game for the weekend and then afterwards? does it uninstall itself? does it just deactivate and doesnt allow them to login untill purchase, their chars get deleted? structures removed?

Just curious, I do already have the game but curious what will happen to the assets that players using the free weekend create over the weekend once it is over.