Still halloween?

Apparently updates on PS4 needs to go trough approval, so it takes longer. And they always say that when they do something, it always comes with fixes and things like that, so thats why its not just turn off halloween I guess. Let’s see what happens! (btw I’m waiting for the unpatch on halloween too)

Drink a night eye potion it bugs the game so it removes the blue hue in third person

I bought this game because of the PS4 sale and boy do I regret it. I was annoyed that it was permanent night in the damn character creator because I couldn’t tell what color I was making my character’s hair and skin and other features, especially since we cannot change appearance later. What kind of a developer makes a dumb decision like that, I wondered. Now I see it is the kind of developer who can’t even end their poorly conceived event.

I get that Sony has to certify it, but an event mistakenly going on for days after it was supposed to end is not something I have ever experienced in a PS4 game.

If only I could get a refund.

2 Likes

@DeathFang666 been doing that the last few days, but the colours look bland. And for me to be honest the biggest issue is the music I miss to give the proper feel of the game, I’m sick of the same halloween music on repeat. It makes it very depressing…

Keep in mind that originally, this “event” was supposed to just run for one day, on Halloween itself. The constant night, the droning music, etc. was developed in that context. Then they surrendered to the multitudes who vigorously complained that one day just wasn’t enough. And here we are.

1 Like

That’s a shame, because for one day I’m sure it would have been fine. The last few days I’ve excitedly loaded the game hoping to make a character under normal lighting, explore the world during the day, hear the proper music and experience the game that I intended to buy and indeed believed I was buying. However, each day has disappointed me as the title screen loads and loops that damn music and I find myself thinking that perhaps this simply isn’t a company I want to deal with.

3 Likes

I liked the event but now it’s too much. Maybe a 3 day time frame would’ve been a happy medium for everyone, like some other games have done. I think it’d be cool to have events like this occasionally (holidays and etc.).

2 Likes

I guess the silver lining in all this is that they know they’ve screwed up in a big way. One can only hope they won’t repeat their mistakes in the future. They just really need to get their own house in order (in terms of development and QA processes) before they even think about attempting something like this again.

1 Like

Same here man, I literally bought it the other week in the deal. I was really hyped about it because I thought it we a much better version of Ark survival evolved. The building, multilayer, single player, having thralls, everything was much better. Suddenly this whole fiasco goes on and completely killed that original hype for it. I hope that after the games finally returned to normal I can find that again and enjoy it.

1 Like

We’re definitely in the same boat then, as a friend and I were looking for a survival game and choosing between this and Ark. I pushed for Exiles after watching some videos and reading up on it, but I’m feeling foolish now. I even rented a server while at work on the day the event was supposed to conclude, but I haven’t touched it yet. Like you I hope that my enthusiasm returns when this issue is resolved and I can enjoy the proper game, and like others I hope Funcom has learned a lot from this goof… but first this has to be resolved.

1 Like

3000 series servers are still in Halloween. WTF?
Funcom, why not just end event automatically according to changing day?
It’s defenitely plan miss of event structure.

You can turn off the music in the options menu

Hi everyone,
very sorry about the delay with patching out the Halloween event. We did run into some issues with the patch and Certification but we will update you as soon as we have more info.
With that said, we did learn a lot from the event and will definitely keep that in mind for future events :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for update!

Starting to worry now that its the 9th… XD

On a positive note, ps4 and Xbox players get extended meteor farming time, go grab as much legendary stuff and rare items as you can. After the patch comes some of those skyfalling resources will be way harder to get.

1 Like

Seriously now ■■■■■■, where is the update. This is really annoying and unrespectful way to deal with your console players.

The Light shines once again on the Exiled Lands. PS4 has been patched and the Night of the Lost Souls has ended.

Thank sithis

So, I take it that we, your red-headed stepchildren on Xbox One, will be enjoying the constant, monotonous drone of Halloween until sometime next week?

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.