STILL Thrall crafters values goes to default after reboot (3rd month)

In september 6 i already made this bugreport. After several updates bug is still presents. I hope Developers will do some more than mark this bugreport with label “[Report-Received]” like last time
(Thrall crafters values goes to default after reboot)

Anything that you type into the console or spawn through the admin panel is NOT intended gameplay and as such is subject to all sorts of change or issues. It’s not meant for players, it’s meant to debug things or for server admins to use.

The only player-oriented “polished” cheating in the game is the new creative mode. That one was meant specifically for players.

These properties worked fine for several years in a row until September 1, 2022, now this feature is broken. I don’t accept the argument that admin settings shouldn’t work properly and console commands aren’t designed to be used with complete confidence that the result of those commands won’t randomly evaporate.

1 Like

:man_shrugging:

since the rework of the workbenches, thralls no longer have such persistent modifiers by default and with 3.0 the support for the persistent modifiers in the code was also removed. this is therefore not a bug, but just simple housekeeping. remove code that is no longer needed.

the fact that it worked until then was more a coincidence than intentional. many thrall data are static and are never changed by the game and therefore do not need to be stored in the database. this saves space and time when loading.

2 Likes

This modifiers still editable via console or pippi. They are still presents in devkit table. So 'code side" is still same. But after 3.0 looks like this values automaticaly deleting all the time. I don’t think new additional step (deleting values) will speed up server or client loading.

the values are not deleted. the values are just not stored in the game db. they are loaded directly from the data tables at the start of the game because it is much cheaper than loading them from the game db.

currently, only values that can be changed during the game (e.g. thrall level) are stored in the game database. all other values come directly from the data tables.

you can change the values at runtime via the console, but they are not stored in the game db, because the game itself never changes them. so they are “unchangeable” from the game’s point of view, even if it is technically possible to change them.

the smaller the game db, the better the overall performance of the game. that is why i am absolutely sure that this optimisation will not be reversed.

The bottom line is this…
Like I tried pointing out at the beginning.
I can assure you 100% that no developer went and purposely or accidentally messed with console commands… Like I said and also Testerle said, this is not a “feature”, it was just a side-effect that you happened to have discovered and used, but it was not done through the intended gameplay.

They went and optimized the game so this doesn’t work as it used to before, however most people don’t care… and the devs don’t care also since they were doing what they should have been doing. It’s unfortunate that you personally lost something you liked in the game, others have lost other things too in the name of progress, but this is just not a bug.

You can always use server settings to increase your crafting or mods if you want to cheat that badly anyway, there’s probably like a whole plethora of mods improving thralls or adding “super items”.

Vanilla admin pannel is sh*t. This experiments with admin console commands help at least a little to make the work of the administrator easier and more efficient. Logically, the functionality for admins should be at least slightly expanded in a few years, but instead it is being cut. Sad. Sad and stupid.

yeah game optimization is stupid :man_facepalming:

1 Like

I can’t call the removal of features an optimization. With the same success, you can remove textures, animations of movements and reduce the size of the game map - this will lead to less load on the server and can technically be considered an optimization

That isn’t a realistic comparison, nor an accurate description of optimization.

If 99.999% of players would not notice or care if certain textures, animations, or map size were removed, and it improved performance, then yes, it would be an optimization.

The “feature” you want puts you in the 0.001%.

If you want your crafters to craft faster, there is a server setting for that.

1 Like

Yeah. Server settings… Riiiiiight… We have dmg multiplier in this setting tho. But by some reason we still have dmg kits and working admin console to edit armor/weapon/tools properties. Only thralls is “optimised”
Something tells me that an ordinary player has at his disposal much more various items than thralls.
This optimization doesn’t make sense. The average player usually has several hundred items, weapons, and armor in their base, and an average of 10-20 artisans.
This optimization is simply a reduction in the admin’s capabilities. Nothing more

so you still don’t get it. it wasn’t a feature, it was just a side effect. if you look at it closely, it was even a bug that things ended up in the game.db that the game itself would never have needed there. so one bug less. hurray

otherwise i give up. you don’t want to understand. that’s ok for me

I guess I don’t have to say anything about your completely absurd comparisons…

:man_facepalming:

Your usage and outrage over this “feature” is the rough equivalent of complaining to a restaurant that they changed to liquid soap dispensers in the bathrooms so you can no longer use their soap holders as an ash tray…

Like seriously… :joy: this just goes to show that maybe you should be using products as intended so you’re not missing “features” that they never meant for in the first place.

Last attempt to clarify… the devs did NOT go and mess with admin-features… the fact that you could save artisan properties was just an unintended side-effect since they were being saved in a redundant fashion… Saving their properties is outside of the scope of this game, it is NOT required for any intended feature of this game, because they’re always the same so it was mere save bloating.

Weapons and other stuff you compared them to are NOT always the same, they have unique randomized or buffed stats that are different from the base version and thus they’re saved…
They also occupy way less space than a full set thrall info… but that shouldn’t matter… what matters is that it was pointless to save them… and like Tephra pointed out, with this you’re in the tiniest imaginable minority (wouldn’t be surprised if you were the only person…) who this hurt in this way, simply because you were using something as a feature… that was not meant as such.

Lastly though, I don’t get why you’d be this affected when there are mods and settings and everything to change it back to the way you want it… or make it even better… I mean you were cheating heavily anyway, it’s not like you’re trying to keep your game in an unaltered “purist” state… so if this stopped working why not simply look for an alternative that works and be happy about the optimization… :man_shrugging:

Meh. Solved by my way.
I won’t be surprised if editing the properties of items is soon banned. And what will be “optimized” further - time will tell. I am sure that the expansion of the functionality of admin capabilities is not to be expected

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.