Performance issues Feedback thread - Stuttering, lag

This is the same problem I’ve been having too. Glad to see it’s not just me.

It’s not just the PC version. The Xbox One version is nearly unplayable half the time because of the stuttering. We’re also having problems with following thralls not engaging in combat, don’t follow you correctly, spawning in the desert upon death, etc.

1 Like

I think this is usual since the game loads things “on the fly” as you walk the map. It’s been happening to me since day 1. Sometimes better, sometimes worse, depending mostly on the latest patch that came along the road. At one point the loading method changed and I think that was some turning point for everyone’s performance.

Edit: looking close at the second video, look how the lanscape changes far away right after the freeze. That maybe is loading a big chunk of data?. Also noticed the spikes seems to happen hard when you turn!?

Thanks for doing that for everyone @Ripley I really hope this can be fixed, sooner rather than later. It’s super annoying.

Really cool avatar pic btw.

4 Likes

Hi guys we did some testing on a server and in single player / multiplayer.

There are specific parts of the map which you can reproduce the terrible stuttering were all facing in the game.

In these 3 videos you can reproduce the stuttering (all 3 of us could reproduce it) i don’t know what causes it but the good news it’s repeatable so hopefully funcom can fix it. there must be 1000’s of spots like these across the map as my game stutters every 20 - 30 secs as im running across the map. Perhaps its texture loading or something else.

I have my draw distance set to ultra and besty to low - so in theory texture drawing or requests shouldn’t impact. unless it’s bugged ?.

1st Video - We all jump and land in the same spot and we all experience the stuttering in the exact location.

2nd Video

When we run around the alter there is no stuttering at all! Running around a rock in new asagarth results in horrific stuttering all the time.

3rd video

we find a spot in the sand and can all feel bad stuttering in an isolated spot- all 3 of us.

my systemp specs 4770k @ 4.3Ghz / 1080 ti / 16 GB ram - SSD’s

5 Likes

With this i show you some more places where the bug happend all the time.

-I HAD TO EDIT THIS POST BECAUSE I CAN ONLY REPLEY 3 TIMES. (-_-).

Here is a rater long vid , 5 minutes and with unitgraph on, but i think it shows good some of the issues.

I also want to thank Multigun and Ripley for all your help so long with the links to my vids.
Thank you both so much !

-And again edited becaus of nonsens replay limitation in a bug-forum … ufff , seriousliy ???

Finaly i got to link my own stuff !!! Thanks to all for the previous help with linking my vids.

4 Likes

Could you also do a video with the stat unitgraph enabled? Not sure if it’s something that can be enabled on a server though or if it’s client specific. Either way, thanks for taking the time.

Here ya go.

2 Likes

Hello I am also an experiencing the same issues in multiple places it gets worse the more populated the area is a well. I also seem to finding thrall camps without any thralls in them?

Single Player? Admin yourself far away, and come right back. They should be there then. Not sure what the cause is, but that’s how I fix it. Pretty sure server play doesn’t experience this.

2 Likes

I hope this gets fixed. I have a private server for just me and some family and we all get the lag/stutter. Mostly running, turning and when Creatures or NPCs attack.

Video i made yesterday for Scooper, so i’ll post it here to.

https://youtu.be/vFQ7wsIR4WA

If i have some time, i’ll try to make some more, other spots, servers and so on. Time, still the thing. :wink:

4 Likes

Hey everyone,

A million thanks to everybody that is trying to help us figure out this issue. I am sending all your feedback to our devs to see if we can come up with a solution :slight_smile:

Cheers!

8 Likes

I really hope it’s an easy and quick fix as well :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah, I can put up with a lot of bugs and annoyances with some patience, but the stuttering is just terrible.

Time to say a prayer to Crom to aid the devs in their divine mission :wink:

3 Likes

This may be a stupid question, but how do I initiate/access the command line prompt?

1 Like

Hey Valkyrja,

You can access the commands prompt console by pressing the Insert key.
Thank you!

Cheers!

1 Like

Not a stupid question. Smart question. Best way to find out something you don’t know is to ask. The tricky part is being able to discern whether the person answering knows what they’re talking about…

6 Likes

I’ve been doing Tier 4 Thrall Mod testing tonight, so I’ve been running around exploring a lot. With no buildings in all of single player, even on my new machine I’m getting the same type of stuttering here and there, that is shown in the videos. Not NEARLY as much as some of the videos have showcased (or not nearly as much as my old system that I used to get this all the time), but I would say I get it about 10% of the time compared to what everybody else has recorded.

System specs:
i9-9900k
64 GBs 3200 RAM
2 TB Samsung NVME
EVGA 2080 ti FTW3
Windows 10

My old System Specs where I’ve had the stuttering problem since April:
i7-5820k
32 GB’s 2100 RAM
1 TB Samsung SSD
EVGA 980 GTX
Windows 10

3 Likes

I experience the stuttering, too, completely independent of graphics detail (even in laptop-mode). It gets worse around my base or NPC bases and if there are ragdolls nearby.

Additionally, every time it freezes for a short amount, my game sound gets super choppy. No other game that has stutters or low FPS does that, only CE.

I can’t remember having this issue during Early Access, but some time after, maybe shortly before the release or when the combat update happened, this issue suddenly appeared, even though it got better with one of the recent patches.

2 Likes

This is exactly when it started, I’ve been saying it here since then on many occasions.
Additionally, it has got worse with every update.

1 whole year of it being ignored, thank goodness they are starting to address it.

5 Likes