Performance issues Feedback thread - Stuttering, lag

Single Player? Admin yourself far away, and come right back. They should be there then. Not sure what the cause is, but that’s how I fix it. Pretty sure server play doesn’t experience this.

2 Likes

I hope this gets fixed. I have a private server for just me and some family and we all get the lag/stutter. Mostly running, turning and when Creatures or NPCs attack.

Video i made yesterday for Scooper, so i’ll post it here to.

https://youtu.be/vFQ7wsIR4WA

If i have some time, i’ll try to make some more, other spots, servers and so on. Time, still the thing. :wink:

4 Likes

Hey everyone,

A million thanks to everybody that is trying to help us figure out this issue. I am sending all your feedback to our devs to see if we can come up with a solution :slight_smile:

Cheers!

8 Likes

I really hope it’s an easy and quick fix as well :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah, I can put up with a lot of bugs and annoyances with some patience, but the stuttering is just terrible.

Time to say a prayer to Crom to aid the devs in their divine mission :wink:

3 Likes

This may be a stupid question, but how do I initiate/access the command line prompt?

1 Like

Hey Valkyrja,

You can access the commands prompt console by pressing the Insert key.
Thank you!

Cheers!

1 Like

Not a stupid question. Smart question. Best way to find out something you don’t know is to ask. The tricky part is being able to discern whether the person answering knows what they’re talking about…

6 Likes

I’ve been doing Tier 4 Thrall Mod testing tonight, so I’ve been running around exploring a lot. With no buildings in all of single player, even on my new machine I’m getting the same type of stuttering here and there, that is shown in the videos. Not NEARLY as much as some of the videos have showcased (or not nearly as much as my old system that I used to get this all the time), but I would say I get it about 10% of the time compared to what everybody else has recorded.

System specs:
i9-9900k
64 GBs 3200 RAM
2 TB Samsung NVME
EVGA 2080 ti FTW3
Windows 10

My old System Specs where I’ve had the stuttering problem since April:
i7-5820k
32 GB’s 2100 RAM
1 TB Samsung SSD
EVGA 980 GTX
Windows 10

3 Likes

I experience the stuttering, too, completely independent of graphics detail (even in laptop-mode). It gets worse around my base or NPC bases and if there are ragdolls nearby.

Additionally, every time it freezes for a short amount, my game sound gets super choppy. No other game that has stutters or low FPS does that, only CE.

I can’t remember having this issue during Early Access, but some time after, maybe shortly before the release or when the combat update happened, this issue suddenly appeared, even though it got better with one of the recent patches.

2 Likes

This is exactly when it started, I’ve been saying it here since then on many occasions.
Additionally, it has got worse with every update.

1 whole year of it being ignored, thank goodness they are starting to address it.

5 Likes

Today I experienced rubberbanding on my private server. It was so bad that I could not move anywhere.

A restart of the server fixed it.

1 Like

It’s not necessarily a network problem. It happens in single-player, too. It’s a peak in CPU usage or similar that causes the game too freeze for a short period of time. If it happens on servers, it might cause rubberbanding on client-side, I’m not sure, but please don’t confuse it with simple network/lag issues.

5 Likes

I have the same Problem, please Fix this fast.

1 Like

Sono, pull up the Windows task manager and flip to it after you experience the lag. I tried that but could not find a spike in any of the devices, CPU/GPU/Disk access/WiFi, etc. It’s the performance tab.

Let us know if you see anything?

I am also local server as a single player.

1 Like

I have the exact same stutters too, in single player. I’ve come back to the game today after a about year long break, so I can’t say if the last patch has anything to do with it. But I can’t remember the issue back then.
My system (don’t think it matters though): i7-7700K @ 4.20 GHz, NVIDIA 1080ti, 16GB RAM, Windows 10.
The stutters happen independent of the graphics settings. Low settings increase the fps but the stutters still happen.
As can be seen in the video of the guys jumping down the hill the stutters seem to happen at certain spots on the landscape. I have also found that it depends on the direction of movement over the spot. If I run over the spot in a certain direction the stutter happens, even if I go backwards. If I turn around and run over it in the other direction it doesn’t happen, no matter which way I’m facing. This looks as if it doesn’t have anything to do with the loading of graphical elements.
I’m not setup to upload videos to youtube (and haven’t done it yet), so maybe one of the guys who have already shown videos above could try this - when a stutter happens, stop and run over the spot in different directions and facings, maybe with stat unitgraph on, maybe this helps the devs in debugging.

2 Likes

Same here, The issue is worse for me since last update. Also playing single player on pc. This has been happening since day 1 but as I said alot worse since last update. I cannot get anywhere close to camps or multiple npc’s without the game being unplayable now. This is after 1300 hours of gameplay already in game. I do not use mods so i don’t believe that has anything to do with it. Also graphic settings do not change anything. Tried without battleeye, that does not work. Getting vey very frustrating.

1 Like

I’ve been getting this for a long long time now. FPS drops with some stuttering. I would def go back to play this game if this was fixed.

Ive tried even in low laptop mode and it still stutters.
Ive tried without battleye installed
Ive tried without mods.
This has all been in single player mode.

Ive even updated my gfx card from a 1080 to a 1080 ti.
And also changed my HD to a faster m.2.

4 Likes

Same effect after last patch. I did not have such problems earlier, even on a weaker PC (i7-3770 / GTX 970 / 16 gb ddr3 / HDD), now i7-8700 / 1070ti / 32 gb ddr4 / SSD.
Everything worked fine until the last patch.

3 Likes