Suggestion: Make a third playfield on Crom with PvP enabled

Really? Got a source for that? :frowning:

This has been requested for years.

1 Like

Would love if this happened :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would prefer a carrot for lvl 80 players. Most level 80s do pve dungeons only. With current portals you dont even have to go into playing field anymore . Level 80 is were veertien En de up and were most of the pvp will happen.

What would lvl 80 pve players look for in open world?

1 Like

Maybe increased PvP XP in the PvP playfields? Also, bring back world drop epics? That way high level players can aoe farm for epics to sell etc.

Maybe make it so high lvl PvP zones, like Keshetta, also has a small small chance of dropping PvP specific gear, like the legendaries.

1 Like

That’s a nice idea, if the drop chance is small and the gear is good enough. Maybe equivalent to t4 pve (or even t4 tokens) (as it’s already available in rf it won’t give too much opposition. Also this would make it more easy for pvpers to obtain t4 weapons that are better then pvp weapons for pvp…

2 Likes

Would love to have that third choice of “PvP-playfield” added to “Normal” and “Epic”, with added bonus-xp! (maybe higher chance of loot as well)

5 Likes

This makes sense. Make it optional so those that only pve won’t have deal with it

2 Likes

They should merge the servers, adding maps to be fully PvP and maps to be only PvE. Fury was fun due to the wars happening everyday. It is gone. Crom has just minigames, waste of time. We need more PvP and the sieges can be blocked by using alts guilds killing the funniest event this game has.

This idea has been offered up on numerous occasions but nothing has ever been done to implement it. I don’t think they can combine rulesets in that way because of how the game runs. Would be interesting to hear what @mussagana thinks about it.

1 Like

With existing code this would mean cloning each playfield we’d want that functionality in, then going through and fixing what breaks during the cloning process (a lot, as things reference instances of each other and all the things in the new playfield are new instances).

This isn’t a time efficient solution so there would have to be a different one.

1 Like

So that is what was done to Khemi Night PvP Zone for the Halloween event? It is not just cloning, operate a switch and tweak some numbers, done, as we hoped? That is sad to hear, I think many of us hoped for a solution like that.

1 Like

But that’s just one zone. To combine rulesets they would have to clone every open world zone in the game and fix all the variables that would break while doing so. such as quest items, npcs, etc. With the limited resources allocated to this game now he is saying it would take a long time to do.

I can just imagine to be honest how difficult it would be. I used to build world in the neverwinter nights editor and that was complex enough. Aoc is a much more complicated code ecosystem.

DCUO has a nice system. Two servers with one connection point in the form of a portal. You use it when you want to go to the pve side or vice versa anytime you want. Shame we couldn’t have something similar.

They could always remove the 30 day restriction on transfers and make them free anytime but then you would have issues with naming conflicts. They would have to do away with the cost of name changes because you could just transfer to the other server and get a free rename. They would essentially be giving up that revenue stream. Doubt they’ll do that.

Honestly this server merging dream is something that you can wish for but as they say. wish in one hand crap in the other, see which fills up first.

What if epic zones were just done away with? Hardly anyone uses them anyway (and if they do it’s strictly to farm vanity or as an ineffective gold farm) and they wouldn’t be missed. Although I guess you’d still have to change the values of everything within them and it’d still be time consuming.

2 Likes

Interesting idea. Just make the epic zones pvp enabled. Hardcore mode!

2 Likes

Anything to merge the playerbase (Fury to Crom) is a healthy thing for the game!

3 Likes

Or other way around. Merge crom into fury. Disable the pvp in the normal zone and keep epic zones as pvp zones. I guess it would be more easy to remove a functionality then adding…?

Also my guess is that most pvpers wont mind fighting in epic instances. Most are low level anyways. For the level 80 play fields, remove the npc’s around the pvp areas (fos/ group area)

2 Likes

Other way around does not matter. You will still have to change the pvp parameter from on to off. Which means that it’s the same work required as turning it from off to on.

2 Likes

So in theory, you could clone individual instances?

Say you cloned white sands and underhalls and made specific additional PvP instances for just those two zones. Given that most mobs in there are just enemies, and a few questgivers, i dont suppose that would be the same workload as cloning the entire game?

Is it possible to clone only specific zones, like underhalls, white sands and maybe kheshetta?

What he means is it isnt a copy and paste job. there are scripts in place that would have to be reworked from the ground up. so they could make a clone of a base zone but they would have to remake all the variables in that zone. NPc pathing ( invisible nodes that tell npcs where to walk or move), Weather variables if applicable, Quest givers and quest objective nodes, Respawn points Literally everything that serves any function.

If you could see the invisible world underlying any complex game like this you would be impressed. The invisible world being all the scripts required that tell the program what to do. To clone a zone they must all be redone in the new zone manually because the scripts perform actions based on the instance they belong to. It’s a lot of work for a back burner game with limited resources.

It’s just a shame funcom wont devote a little more money to aoc. A couple more devs working on it could make a huge difference.

2 Likes