Survival, not let’s add grind

Game mode: [Online | Singleplayer]
Problem: [Crash | Bug | Performance | Misc]
Region: [Here]

Seriously, I can not count the times I have gone to dump or smoke or wth… and I come back to a death… and despite the fact that I was inside one of my buildings, let me irriterate, no corpse…
I think I’ve spent more time in this game grinding to get my gear top notch than grinding for the fun stuff…
In PVE I should not die in a fortress of my making… and if I do, I expect to be able to recover my gear… :triumph:

F dlc, f new content, fix this Linda dogdo…

Steps on how to reproduce issue:

Well you need to figure out what is killing you and ensure your not vunerable to it whilst you are away from your keyboard…

Is it food / hunger : then you need to time how long you can be standing still and not eat/drink before it gets to a dangerous point and ensure you are not absent longer than that. Also ensure you have full meters before you go away.

Is it from sandstorm damage even though you leave your character inside an area that says it’s full shelter … well easiest solution if you can make a sandstorm mask is to put that on before you go away from your keyboard. If you can’t yet make a protective mask then you need to find a guaranteed protected place inside your building … unfortunately the game is glitched and some full shelter areas inside a base actually don’t give you protection… but you can figure that out and avoid leaving your character there.

If you are dying from temperature affects … Eg frostbite or heat stroke because you are in one of the extreme temperature zones that require not ONLY the appropriate armour to survive but ALSO constant consumption of warming or cooling food/drink … well then quite frankly you can NOT go away from your keyboard for longer than that warming/cooling effect lasts … you will need to get to a different area before you go away from the game or log out.

Yes not having a corpse visible is very annoying… have you tried the usual thing of running away from the area out of rendering view and then back to see if that prompts the game to render your corpse?
…have you tried harvesting randomly in the area you know you died to hit your invisible corpse and destroy it so a loot bag is generated?

One shouldn’t have to resort to those measures…
When I log out my status should be quo…
I bet I could lock myself in a foundation and 4 walls and a ceiling and I’d still die without a corpse…

For a grinding game this is poor design… I/we should not have to start our play session just grinding for the equipment we just lost… that leaves no time for actually playing…

Yes I’ve run away hoping for a respawn, no I haven’t gone harvesting… it’s gone… gone…
love this game, but this bug is killing it for me…

If they want characters to persist even while off line then they should create a mobile ‘tamagotchi’ app so you can feed and water when real life doesn’t allow you to get to your Xbox…

I play pve btw… so dying inside my castle should not be part of any equation.

Well I responded the way I did as it sounded like you leave your character logged into the game whilst you go afk… as time passes hunger/thirst etc will affect the online character.
If you have logged off then hunger/thirst and sandstorm won’t have killed you.
If you in a multiplayer server where your unconscious body is still on the server and you are logging off in a temperature-extreme area then it is unfair that you die due to your armor and attributes that protect you whilst you are Online do NOT protect your unconscious body …but this is a known issue that you can protect yourself against.

Nah dude, your advice was good…
I log off inside a building and make sure my food and water are maxed… in temperate zones.
The second last time I logged off, I got naked and put all my gear in a chest… guess I should make this an annoying habit… :roll_eyes::triumph::exploding_head:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.