Suspended without warning?

We can’t kill him personally, unless he is on follow or scouting, the only other way is to drag mobs/boss onto him until he finally expires, I’ll give that a shot. Even if we can’t kill him I have made plenty more gloves :stuck_out_tongue:

A two week ban + a total base wipe without warning for a first offense of “building on a spawn point” on a PVE-C server, by a player who has been friendly, welcoming, artistic and made the server and game a better place to be for all who crossed his path and whereby that “spawn point” is not identifiable by the OP or any of the current players on the server.

Anyone who thinks this is just, fair, OK, and/or the correct interpretation of the spirit of the updated TOS, care to explain?

P.S. He wasn’t banned/wiped for having a base that was too big, or too laggy, the response he received was “blocking a spawn point”, veteran players on this server that know this area inside and out, are yet to find the “spawn point”.

1 Like

I’m betting it was the obelisk - if they extended the size of the clearance area at all my maproom gate would have been inside it. Then if it deleted everything connected, it would have cleared the lot.

dont thralls last longer than decay timers? i was logged in like mins before suspension (i relogged a few times hoping it was lag) so their timers should be right on the suspension

Which gets back to my earlier discussion on automated deleting of player built structures. How hard is it to delete within a spherical radius from an origin x, y, z, (with the origin in this case being the Obelisk center of mass), answer it’s trivial. If the current system deletes everything connected because one block encroaches on the Obelisk’s sacred territory, then this is a farcical implementation that should never have made it to the live servers.

But we’ll never know, will we, because Funcom thinks it’s better to avoid, ignore and keep us in the dark about what it takes to get wiped, it might as well just be another part of Funcom’s random game design.

Login and have all your stuff randomly deleted, weighted by how old your base is and how many full moons have passed since you first created your character.

1 Like

Thralls on our server for whatever reason last 2 weeks and then vanish, I guess if you login exactly 2 weeks after you logged out, you may save them.

P.S. This will be my last post, so I’ll finish with asking; why can’t a CM look at logs, evidence, etc, read this thread and then do the right thing. i.e. overturn OP’s ban so he can get back to playing, you wiped his 1000+ hours of awesome work, do you really have to rub salt in his wounds and spit in his face as well?

Well, actually, the 2nd best iron deposit in the jungle is there.

If this was PvP I could see the need to relocate the base, give some kind of way of copying a blueprint? Then he could rebuild it someplace else? However, I don’t think you can do that with something so large and complex as a base structure, especially if it’s morphed to the terrain’s topography- nah, ignore me this wouldn’t be possible, even though Fallout 76 tries to do it, and breaks ROFL…

So this was a PvE cop-op server hm… this just does seem pretty harsh but us lot only have testimonies, no offence OP, we weren’t there, apart from those who were and knew what happened/was going on.

Anyway, PvE and everyone liked the guy’s base… I think if it’s been such an effort making the base, I’d go look at it myself, see if it could be demolished and rebuilt with some kind of nice compensation, if it really had to be moved…

If it could be let off, then maybe everyone would be up in arms about it if they get their base deleted, so Funcom really are walking a tightrope on this one and have to stick to the rules like glue, but surely there could have been some kind of diplomacy first about the whole thing yanno?

I don’t think this should really be a public discussion anyway, maybe the OP should get in touch and try to reach out to Funcom and discuss this personally.

Yeah the top exit level of dagons descent - i didnt cover that, it was something i used regularly as it was so close.

Honestly, it was probably just the sheer size of the build. Totally sucks that it happened, but that was likely the reason. I’m pretty sure the obelisk anti-build feature only destroys pieces within a radius. When they added NPC’s to Siptah they built a feature that did the same thing around the new NPC spawn locations. My assumption is they just repurposed that for the obelisk anti-build. But you know what they say about assumptions . . .

1 Like

Can I butt-in just for a sec… :innocent: If you read the OP’s OP, there are no questions there.
Just something I thought I might point out.

Ummm, because the server isn’t yours? Because you want to play by different rules than the people operating the server have set? Because the rules are made for “the many” and not “the few”… Golly, I sounds like Spock. :vulcan_salute:t6:

But when you guys get your server up with your rules and everything, please do come back here and share it with us… Sounds like there may be some builds worth checking out! Or at least make a YouTube this time and share that… I love checking out elaborate creations!

If he got a suspensions notice which he claims to have received, then it wasn’t automated. :wink:

It really doesnt matter if people liked seeing it or not if its something that everyone wouldnt be allowed to do. That’s the thing about rules, perfectly clear or not, they have to apply to everyone. So benefit of the doubt, lets say it wasn’t intended to cause any harm. Would it be okay if 30 people had museum deco bases on the map? What happens when someone new who just bought the game logs in to the server and its sluggish because everywhere they turn is a massive deco build? That’s the perfect kind of base for a private server where it can sit for eternity (or till the user gets tired of keeping the server up) but these are public servers we’re talking about. It’s not an art museum. And as to the descent of dagon, that’s a cool little area with emotes and a nice camp with panther cubs. I like running thru there all the time as its one of the few human camps in that area. If I saw it blocked on a server I run, I’d nuke the base too. I wouldnt care how pretty the base.

1 Like

You are missing the point when looking at officials. Just to reiterate, I have been banned twice, both times bases were deleted. I never built anything with malicious intent or with exploits, no undermesh, no stacking, no spam claiming, no blocking.
The first time 2 bases were deleted and like in this case, they were being toured by newcomers and other players alike and yes, they both were huge.
After that ban I built substantially smaller as the assumption was that the bases were too big.
The second time about 9 months later, one base was deleted and, fun fact, that base was already standing, unchanged, at the time of the first deletion and ban.
The only thing that I can imagine, is that that base was too close to the obelisk, but I don’t know.
So now I build smaller and further away from the obelisks, in the hope that that was the reason, but I can’t be sure, as all the info I got when asking via Zendesk , was: building abuse
And that is the main problem, someone, not building maliciously, can be in infraction against the rules without knowing it, as they are not clearly defined and you are neither given the chance to rectify the problem nor can you really prevent it from happening again, because you don’t know what exactly was the problem and therefore might be bound to repeat it and all you can do is to apply some guesswork and hope for the best.
I can’t speak for pvp, but if you are on PVE and building is your endgame, then you are left in somewhat of a rule limbo. You can only follow the rules if they are clearly defined or if you get proper feedback on what you did wrong.
I understand, that we are not in a paid service environment and are not building for it to last, still i think there might be better way to handle this, starting with clearly defining the rules.

Errr, as much as I feel sorry for people losing bases I don’t think he’s missing anything. Let’s look:

• Rules say not to build “huge” bases:
  • “I have been banned twice”
  • “they both were huge.”

Yup, no mystery there, nothing to miss. What?

Some more clarity might be good - but how come I know what “too big” is? Why do 90 to 99% of other players know? Seems like it must be common sense. For people lacking in that department, they get their bases demolished and have to build back smaller. Not really a big deal IMO… although it looks like not everyone agrees with that. :stuck_out_tongue: People are so in love with their little virtual buildings or something - seems strange to me. Maybe meditate on Tibetan Sand Mandalas before you start the game each day?

The timing of deletions isnt really surprising. It probably got reported and the server admin saw it for the first time. So it wouldnt be at all surprising that a much older base was still standing that was against the ToS if no one ever reports it.

Try reading it again please:
First ban-2 huge bases deleted, no mystery here, totally correct
2nd ban 1 base deleted that wasn’t huge, in fact it was the smallest base in the neighbourhood AND it was standing exactly like that when the first ban and deletion of the 2 big bases happened, unchanged.

I am not bitter and it is just a game, but if you say that the rules are crystal clear, send me some of the stuff that you are taking :slight_smile:
If you are not playing this game for the building part, it is obvious you don’t understand peoples motivation, no need to get on a high horse just because you play the game differently.
And deleting and banning is a bit harsh to be honest, but as i have seen FC has changed their policy on that in the past weeks and just deletes without dishing out bans, which is the correct way of handling this

btw, just because something seems strange to you personally, doesn’t mean it isn’t valid.
It sometimes helps trying to see things from other peoples perspective and not just sit on your own opinonated reasoning.
Helps in understanding topics and makes you more likeable, you should try that one time :smiley:

Your so called “lowlifes” represent the masses of gamers nowadays, needed customers who buy this game and often times the dlc´s too. They are the ones who bring money to the table. Also provide steam reviews, that this company needs to be as positive as possible so even more “lowlifes” are willing to buy into this game.

Do you really think that you can earn money with only a handful of “elitist” players that are willing to bow to the nonsensical rules Funcom came up with?

Even though you might think this people aren´t worth anything in your eyes, I have to tell you: without this “lowlifes” your beloved game would already have died years ago. So do yourself a favour and be a little more appreciative of what this people have made possible for you to enjoy.

Sometimes i really wonder how people like you manage to make comments like this and still get likes for it.

I’m confused by this statement… Funcom makes the game enjoyable for me but I’m fairly certain that’s not who you mean.

In his description of “lowlifes”, I find nothing in the list that is a desirable player base and certainly nothing that improves the game. You can argue that maybe there is an innocent ban that happens that doesnt fall into his list, but I’m inclined to think that is an extreme minority as well.