T3 crafted 2hd blunt (Shillelagh of Soggoth)

@Massochist
What an argument “don’t fix it because it’s expensive and i have it” ! This is really a “lulz” situation. Why u even bother posting something like this in a bug report thread?

This is not a general discussion thread man, don’t waste people’s time with this kind of comments.

I will reroute you to this thread for more kid like comments like yours

Since you cite me :sunglasses: I think ethics in games is not easy to answer and with both decisions you harm someone. So both sides on the coin are difficult. Personally I feel that if something is like 5 y+ in the game and has even been investigated in the past its not totally wrong to state that the playerbase can assume it works like it does. Like if you use a road for x years and no one saying against it you earn at some point the right to use legally… the only way out is buffing other items IMO.

1 Like

Please fix T3 crafted blunt and buff T3 pvp weapon to T4 pve weapons’ level.

1 Like

People crafted this blunt either knowingly about white crits bug, then they should have realized it can be fixed in some future. Or they crafted it without knowledge of bug having other motivator for investing into weapon. So defending the issue by crying how hard it was to get is not accepted.
One thing is sure this needs to get fixed being lamest bugs just granting power to select few without any effort.

PS i got blunt on conq

7 Likes

I just tested the white hit damage on this weapon on a straw dummy and found out it averages out around 400-500 for white hits and crits for about 700-900 on white hits. It seems to have a passive 10% crit chance. for every 10 white hits it will crit once at least but not more than once per 10 hits. It will also miss once per 10 hits. so take that for what it’s worth. Combo damage is significantly higher than white hit damage. i think the people who made this thread never really experimented with it to see what it actually does.

In comparison the t3 pvp 2hb does approx half the passive damage/crit damage on white hits as the sogoth but has about the same passive crit and miss chance of 10%.

So the sogoth hits harder. why is this surprising anyone considering how hard it is to obtain? it should hit harder than standard weapons.

2 Likes

I Read all of this and it is so funny. I dueled on my hox vs a lot of bs’s and differ between bs with sogoth and with another weapon is totally big. Moreover i very often get 2k-3k white critical hits on me from starter of combo and after that gain 1k-2k dmg from combo from sogoth’s bear :smiley: It’s not normal. And i have bs with sogoth…it’s really OP weapon, which give chances to get kills on mini much faster and easier by white overpowered crits. Sometimes i oneshots clothie armor when do 2k crit from starter+crit combo… And after that u wanna say it’s ok for bs? Moreover i can’t name bs is a weak class as wrote here lurvi, that this class can’t do anything without sogoth…he can do great dmg with t1 pvp if u know how of course… use silence bear and hit in target on x5 crash armor isn’t a big deal ;D

2 Likes

why are you twisting my words? I never said BS can’t do anything without sogoth… or that it is a weak class… I said its very balanced, and has been so for a long time with this blunt along in the equation (more than 8 years).

first of all, I’d like to see the true “oneshot” you mention. it honestly never happens unless stars were to align, but most of all its a result of undergear or poor gear choice like t6 gear/no con accessories and rune of exile proc… so its a result of the late idiocy found in exile buff for instance. insane combo crits are NOT related to the blunt, which has inferior combo damage to other weapons!

people who can’t express reality shouldn’t be posting about these things…

if FC wanna fix imbalances, they might wanna use their resources on actually broken stuff, like the tos crit damage stacking among other extreme exploitables. and the CONQ, like norther has said before in the DT discussion thread… Conq is the real evil. Sogoth is only epic, not evil.

It’s the same story of AoC nature again. Want the best gear? you will have to do some PvE for it (look at raidfinder and khitai/t4 grind back in the day)
Until they knowingly do some changes around that too (which Im all for to change), I don’t see why they would want to make an exception here. Just like Ibises back in the day, they were the best then.

Anyways that is all without thinking about the PvE ramifications, which is my main issue with the idea of nerfing.

1 Like

Reality is that u are worried be nerfed and wrote about conq’s when real problem that sogoth does insane dmg :slight_smile: For example other t3 craft weapons don’t have same strange crit’s so it’s really game’s bug and alll know it, but players with sogoth’s start whine. I have sogoth too, but agree, it should be fixed

2 Likes

like I said, I can live with a nerf in PvP
in PvE it will be very sad though. Do you PvE?

I mentioned conqs because the Sogoth is a problem in conq in particular. So no need to ruin something that works (sogoth for almost a decade) when its conqs ~40% crit chance that is the problem (became worse added crit ratings lately)
If they do nerf though, they shold give something in return to compensate in PvE would be nice.

1 Like

No, i don’t do pve… But I thought sogoth mostly for pvp, in pve u need heal rating and here t4-t6 much better as pve weapon, i could be wrong of course.

So why only sogoth can crits that hard? Why any other weapon can’t do the same? It’a bugged so it should be changed.

already replied to this earlier as this was mentioned.
first of all, you can weaponswap to a healrating weapon when you need to use those spells, then change back to sogoth. Therefore sogoth is the main weapon in PvE, and healrating blunts (whichever 700+ healrating is fine) are secondary weapons.
secondly, in PvE endgame many bosses go enrage and need to be killed in time, like zelandra. And even some hardmodes. Same goes for master timers. Even with the sogoth BS is in the bottom dps-wise along with guards.

hope you understand my perspective. think Im done arguing now. I say fix real broken stuff instead :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, o’kay, i agree with pve way for sogoth :slight_smile: But as we have spoken here for pvp it’s totally op. So i’m sure if funcom gonna do with that anything, they will just fix bug and nothing more :frowning: It’s their style

Or they will nerf something else we didnt asked for. Buff orher items instead of dumping down t3 blunt

Lol, you don’t need BS’s with Sogoth’s to be able to kill Zelandra.

1 Like

People this is not discussion about is sogoth op, can bs live without weapon in pve etc. This is simple issue. Sogoth white crits have hidden multiplier of additional 50% crit damage. PERIOD. Is this a bug? It is a bug, not a single other weapon acts like this. This doesn’t matter how often u see 1k crits, 2k crits or 3k crits… With this weapon u gonna have always 50% crit damage more than any other weapon. It’s permanent exile rune with 50% crit damage for white hits. This issue is really undefendable.

2 Likes

my stance being like this is because I don’t see them giving bears anything in return after taking away an important part of the bear shaman PvE damage…

just in support the pom and tos impact feels much bigger. damage same story, and by far, already with the sogoth!

therefore I hope they focus on more important things, and don’t agree 100% its only a story about the weapon in isolation like you say Norther.

maybe add -PvP stats on it, but that isn’t fair either.

1 Like

Or transfer the bug over to the BS T6 dps blunt instead? :stuck_out_tongue:

Let’s just take into consideration again the material cost and effort required to create one of these things. Clearly the people who are calling for a Nerf are people who can’t afford one. Sounds like a poor people problem to me.

1 Like

What we really need is the 225dps shovel from Coils to make a comeback.

1 Like