T5 Rune Details

The reason why made this post was in response the the sinix post, who wanted to know why i had demo/guard/conq above assassine in my ranking, nothing else. I didn’t know of the quote function there yet :stuck_out_tongue: will add one to make this more obvious.

Yes i agree Barb struggles more with aggro once they have the t5 rune because they give up alot of minus hate from the general tree to make the hybrid build work. But that was not the point i tried to make.

I only just recently learned about that myself and haven’t tested it properly. You just quoted me too fast, i edited the post almost immediatly. Will test that once i get the opportunity but, as said dont know any details either yet, as on which shields are ignored or not.

Well i agree with you that in some cases the extra duration won’t help either but there are enough other cases where those few seconds matter (at least for me). If anything it’s just a really nice quality of live improvement and as stated my personal opinion. To stay in t6 for example everytime you have to dps stop at nessa/heng to bring them down controlled and keep stacks up for burst phase at zelandra. Same goes for rocknoses to not bury them at wrong spot/time. If you run and help with other rocknoses the stacks can stay up if you proced at last one buried. Or t5 honourguard when you have to w8 after sadist charge. Basically at every instance where you have a pause. Sure for some it doesn’t seem much but i myself like it alot tbh. but thats just preference.

1 Like

What I was trying to say is that you’re really underrating the sin t5 rune, which is probably the 3rd best and it’s quite a bit above what exile rune can give you.
The conq rune is actually really good, the unfortunate part is that exile rune tends to outscale it, especially if you go for a weapon/neck combination that pushes for damage (t5 blunt + arena neck would be the best for this).
The guard rune is unfortunately kinda bad. The main reason for that is the combos that you need to use and while sure you can have a 2 in 1 rune by swapping your buffs and proc-ing their buffs depending on what you need at that point (more defense or more aggro through damage), i can’t think of a situation in which a guard that would have the t5 rune would need the extra defense and exile rune just does way more for aggro than being forced to stop your aggro rotation to do a guard 5 for 12% weapon dmg.

Overall a simple rule of the thumb would be if you’re a dps, you probably want the t5 rune cause it’s almost always better than exile and on healers it’s nice to have if your tank is struggling so you can swap to it fast and hopefully crit on the big heal, or proc the heal rating buff before some AA heal.
For tanks it’s a bit more complicated, if you need survivability arena rune is usually better and for aggro realistically only conq gets a benefit.

What he is trying to say is that barb and hox has lower starting point without rune than assassin has thats why he rate both barb and hox boost higher than assassin