Tabula Rasa (Clean Slate) - Björk

TABULA RASA - “Clean Slate” - A state of mental blankness, an empty mind not tainted by the human condition.

Directed by Tobias Gremmler

“When creating the video, I was deeply inspired by the music and lyrics of Tabula Rasa. The visual transformation of Björkinto faun-like flowers and mountainous landscapes embodies the utopian concept of a harmonious coexistence between nature and human based on empathy.” - Tobias Gremmler

“Tabula rasa” is the philosophy that each human is born with a clean slate: they have no preconceived biases or attributes that would influence their perceptions of the world.

Björk uses this song as a platform to address a younger generation, telling them that while the generations before them have made many mistakes and left the world in a bad state, they have a chance to start over and do things their way. She expresses guilt in leaving the younger generation with such a mess to clean up, but wishes to inspire them to do better than those before them.

The song’s title could be an allusion/homage to Estonian composer Arvo Pärt and his 1977 concerto of the same name. Björk is a well known fan of the maestro.

Source: https://genius.com/Bjork-tabula-rasa-lyrics

I would post the lyrics here, but some are NSFW and prolly wouldn’t get past the censorship
And i despise censorship.

The lyrics are on the YT page or found on Google anyway.
Enjoy :smiley:

3 Likes