I decided to share my experience with the Tank Commander speedrunning in the following video:
For reference, the first kill of the Tank Commander has been made from melee PoV, here, so melee is definitely a viable option:
- Orochi Thermal Inverter of Alacrity mk3
- High-Yield Launcher of Alacrity mk3 (this is the weapon i use for OD high waves pushing with an extra accurate glyph, but other rifle options (like KSR-43) and a better damage-oriented affix could be better for this content)
- Ashes of Crushed Cities + Signet of Veteran (Blizzard is better damage-wise for KSR-43 builds, possibly with the passive in order to root the drones and disable them from casting / healing the boss)
- Cobra Ring + Signet of Rifleman’s Creed
- Egon Pendant + Signet of Commando
- Iron-Sulfur Bracelet + Signet of Nemain
- Cold Silver Dice + Signet of Cruel Delight
- Military Strap + Signet of Time & Space
- Razor Fossil + Signet of Quickness
- Mesilande Gwinyai
- Faction Quartermaster
- Fearghas Abernathy
- Purification Drone (for all the content up to the Tank Commander)
- Fey Ley Line Stone (for the Tank Commander)
2 accurate (1 of them on the rifle), 4 elaborate fierce, 2 elaborate devastating
85-90 damage allocation with Anima, 80 without.
The video shows my first experience with Emergency Loader for this fight. It turned out it has a very good uptime (will have to confirm it with further speedruns to remove any confirmation biases), so Lock & Load turned out to be almost useless. In this case, the best build should be High-Yield Launcher / Voltaic Shunt, trading Lock & Load for Mjolnir. If playing with KSR-43, this problematic obviously does not exist and Lock & Load should be kept (KSR-43 / Inverter).
As a side-note, the Tank Commander is probably kittable, which could allow to use a more aggressive Allocation, Emergency Loader will become subpar / useless in the process however, as well as Secondary Explosion (can replace both with Auto Loader & Heavy Payload if playing with KSR-43, or Auto-Loader & Superconductor if playing with a different rifle).
PS: some mistakes have been made during the fight, notably one of the blinks has been performed too soon, making the boss come back in melee range and recast Cyber Spin. For some reason however, it appears that one of his Cyber Spin ticks purged his own hinder debuff (at least, this is the only possible explanation i’ve got about this). Make sure to wait until the Cyber Pull’s cast is completed and you’ve got pulled BEFORE blinking, because such a mistake can cost a wipe.