Tannery Table Costs

My clan n me started fresh as well on an offi server… and we are sorta stuck since 1-2 days due to grinding more n more oil. Farming seeds to put in fluid press ( 15 make 1 ) and then bugs for traps… well. Its really rough to get a good armor set done now. The best way seems to be to farm derketo and mounds of dead thrall camps to gather those armor bits and put them in dismantling bench, they give each a epic armor padding. Better than being stuck at fish / bug farm. There should be at least another way to obtain more oil, and if its trough a special alchemist or something. Don’t think players will continue if everything is THAT grindy. Also older clans have a huge advantage due to easy giant fish farms over month or years.

1 Like

Alex Shumeyiko said in the latest stream, that people are gonna die more quickly. Which means it’s easier to lose your heavy armor.

I’ve always been a light armor player though and I will continue with light armor. I will see people like these in the video get frustrated more easily:

1 Like

This post was addressing the new full price cost of armor making materials, coupled with the new fish trap functions. The numbers roughly break down into this, 8,000 seeds, for one heavy epic kit, or 2500-3000 bugs for one heavy epic kit, assuming you don’t let your fish decay for too long. Now if you want a heavy epic kit of the elderium variety, we can proceed to almost double those figures. Now, with that being said, if I want 2 heavy epic elderium sets, what am I suppose to do with the 100,000 plant fiber? I suppose I could spin it into 33,333 twine while I baby sit the fish traps for 4 hours. Plot twist, I’m in a 10 man clan, what am I to do with 1,000,000 plant fiber?

1 Like

Light armor is cool until you get 1 tapped by sabertooth.

2 Likes

Yeah, unless you play on privates where OP sh.it is banned :wink:

The salamanders on each map give great returns on ichor, and so do spiders. Maybe kill something and not passively farm is the idea???

Don’t know about Exiles, but Siptah has RNG 500 seed stacks form bearer boxes. Again go and kill and not passively expect everything to be available in base.

Oil doesn’t come from fishes anymore? If you don’t use this method you better start. If you want oil fast fix 50 to 60 fish traps and 10 fluid press stations. Go farm some (thousands) fiber with sicle and you ‘ll get lots of bugs too. Place the bugs in the fish traps. Every bug is a blue fish, every blue fish produces one oil in the fluid press. Do this and in one week you’ ll fill a great chest with oil :wink:.

not anymore , blue fishes gives 10 for 1 oil , it’s now the exotic fishes that gives 1 for 1 , also as the fishtraps don’t generate automatically fishes , when your bugs hit 0 and all the fishes are crafted , if you are not there to take the fishes , then the decay timmers starts , so if you let it over night , and your base is in a crowded area ( so that the decay timmers actualy go since someone is in the area ) then you have a lot of lost investment
I don’t care so much about the changes , just that fishtraps should act like fridges and have no decay for fishes inside them , and tannery table / tinkers table , should have also improved versions ( make them as costly as you wish ) that offers the same as other improved and Tier 3 benches do

3 Likes

I do not think I have ever ran into a 500 seed bearer. T3 bearers on exiles do have a 500 stack of alchemical base - always a good way to farm those but nothing to help with oil costs.

Honestly, the only way to farm epic heavy sets in exiles imho is from farming burial mounds and dismantling the armor you get. Takes a fair amount of time but is FAR faster than any other method I have tried.

1 Like

The fish bait number estimate is only correct if you’re using insects, instead of fat grubs, worker bees, or queen bees. If you use queen bees with improved fish traps, you can bring the number down to 900-ish (exotic fish probability 90%, 775 oil needed, 775 / 0.9 = 862 rounded up).

As for the seeds, that’s just not worth it. You would need 11,625 seeds to get 775 oil.

Your best bet, though, is probably to stack up a whole bunch of compost heaps and relying on passive production of fat grubs for bait, which actually works really fast. Complement it with whatever seeds and bees you get from your normal farming for a small boost.

The only real annoyance is the fish rot. If you don’t want to lose any fish at all, you’ll need to come back every 18-19 minutes after placing the bait.

All in all, it’s steep but not unmanageable. The sad thing is that the idea of “reducing fish trap spam” is most likely going to backfire, because people will just add a whole bunch of compost heaps and fridges around their traps, instead of reducing the number of traps. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Oh my dear friend, you are so right in a point, i play the game but on ps4. We, console players, stay behind. Still everything that i write is not a fairy tale , i’ ve played so much pvp in the past that i cannot explain you my grow fast - farm fast experience in this game. You are so right, now when we share our experience sounds like nonsense.

Blue fish is no longer an option, they bring less than all of the oil. On a Pvp server, this is convenient only in one case, if you have a special person involved in this. Otherwise, you will quickly get tired of collecting bugs in addition to all economic activities, placing them in traps and watching when you can collect fish. I know what I’m talking about, because playing actively on the island of Siptah in a small clan was a lot of worries without it. So you can’t talk about it as something very simple. On an empty server or PVE-Yes.

1 Like

Island of siptah, more jealous, omg I am gonna go pc. Anyway, I do remember my clan la legion, we were 6 persons. We were working like bees. I was placing all the fish traps in depths, I didn’t want them to be visible :joy::joy::joy:. Oil ofcurce you get from seeds too, so we were never dropped down anything. My kitchen was 10 x 10, full of fridge, fluid press, compost and at least 3 great campfires. I was their chef and recycle manager :joy::joy::joy:. Great days, I really miss them.

1 Like

Killing for the armor is what i would call active. So yes, again, using the combat system to acquire rare mats is far more fun of loop than passive fish traps (until now). I know in exiles, derketo religion area gives legendary armor drops. And easy kills tbh.

Privates are extremely vulnerable to ddos atm

I have had 300 compost/300 fish traps, since day 2 of the bench update. It is terribly boring to operate. The fact the the entire game now revolves around looting compost bins, and fishtraps is rediculous. As for queen bees, how long do you think it would take to farm 900 of those? At roughly 1% drop rate.

I just mention my 2-day “luck” about the quimby-es (I call 'em this way, because it is a band name I don’t like, but it reminds me of that): 1276 aloe leaves with obsidian sickle, and 2 bees at first day. 1893 aloe on the second day and 6 bees. Harvesting seeds and straight pressing them was WAY better and faster on those days for me. :rofl:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.