Temple of the Gods Building Contest *NOW ENDED*

Credit to SerenkovAndrey on Twitter for the image!

Exiles!

We’re celebrating the arrival of many new faces to the Exiles Lands and the Isle of Siptah with an exciting building contest. Whether you’re new or a veteran, we want to see the architect side of you come out to play. We’re working together with Razer for some fantastic prizes, so this is one you won’t want to miss.

To see what you’re in for, feel free to check out the winners of our past 4 contests: Tiny Homes, Building Recreation, Holiday contest, and Tower of the Elephant.

whattodo

The challenge this time around is to make a temple with an in-game religion of your choice. Having a God/Goddess to worship (or curse) in the harsh world can bring peace and some pretty nice benefits. What better way to show your devotion than to create a magnificent temple?

You can choose one of the following religions:

• Mitra
  • Derketo
  • Jhebbal Sag
  • Set
  • Crom (oh the irony)
  • Yog
  • Ymir
  • Zath

This temple can be as big or small as you want, so long as you make it devoted to the one religion of your choice. As opposed to the previous contests, all platforms (Xbox/PS4/PC) will be judged separately. Judgement will be done by members of Funcom and based on creativity and how well it conveys your chosen religion.

Additionally, due to platforms being judged separately, we are allowing mods for PC entries. The mods available in the Steam workshop and the minds behind them are nothing short of incredible so be sure to peruse them.

duedate

All entries must be submitted by 11:59 EDT on 2021-08-04T04:00:00Z. We will not accept any entries after this date. Winners will be announced on 2021-08-13T04:00:00Z at 1pm EDT/8pm CEST. Entries must be submitted through this email address: contest@funcom.com . More info on how to submit below.

prizes

Razer is kindly supplying some very exciting prizes for this contest. We will select a first place winner for each platform, as well as three runner ups for each platform.

Please note for first place winners, Funcom will require your address for shipping purposes.

First Place For PC:

First Place for Xbox:

First Place for PlayStation:

Runner Ups:
Three runner ups from each platform will also be chosen. These 9 winners will receive a DLC key of any currently available DLC (excluding Isle of Siptah) of their choosing. (Valued at $9.99)

basicrules

• Your entry must include the temple of any one of the in-game religions.

• When you submit your temple entry, you affirm that it is your own work. You may have help building it, but it can only be submitted once. Please do not submit an entry that you did not build.

• You may use the admin tool if you’re creating your submission on singleplayer/co-op or a private server.

• If on PC, you can use Ansel.

• You may use DLC.

• One entry per email per person.

• Please refrain from sending pictures taken from mobile phone.

• Low effort entries will not be counted.

• You can send in as many screenshots or videos as you wish. You can use Imgur or another (safe) site to upload images or videos if that’s easier. Just be sure we can access it!

• All entries must adhere to the Conan Exiles Code of Conduct.

How to Enter

• Please send us your entry of the temple to this email address: contest@funcom.com to enter. If you do not email us here, it will not be counted.

• Make sure your subject line is “Conan Exiles Building Contest”.

• We will accept entries until 11:59 EDT 2021-08-04T04:00:00Z. Entries submitted after this date will not be counted.

• In the body of your email, please include the following:

• Which platform you’ve built the temple on (PS4/Xbox/PC).
    • Server it was built on (singleplayer/co-op/private/official). Feel free to mention the server name as well.
    • Which mods used, if any.
    • The religion you chose.

screenshotsonconsole
We understand that the process can be easier on PC so here is some help on how to do it for console.

PS4

1. Press the Share button on your PS4 controller for at least one second.

2. This will open up the share menu. Here, press the triangle button to save the screenshot. If you want to discard the screenshot, press the circle button on the PlayStation 4 controller.

3. Once you have your screenshot(s) captured, navigate over to the Capture Gallery, and find the Conan Exiles folder. Press the Option button on the PS4 controller and select Copy to USB Storage Device.

4. Select the screenshots you want to transfer and copy them over. Once copied over you can easily attach them to an email on your computer.

Xbox

1. While playing a game double tap the Xbox button on your controller to capture a screenshot and pressing Y to save the screenshot. Or if you’re one of the rare few with Kinect plugged into your Xbox One, you can say “Xbox, take a screenshot” to take and save a screenshot.

2. After saving the screenshot. Press the Xbox button to suspend the game.

3. Go to the Upload app on your Xbox One and choose the screenshot you want to share from Manage Captures.

4. Press the Menu button and choose Share.

5. You can upload it to OneDrive, then email them from OneDrive. Or just download them to your computer from OneDrive, then email them to us.

Terms and Conditions

Odds of winning will be determined by number of entries.

No purchase necessary

Privacy: Funcom’s Privacy Policy is at: Privacy Policy - Funcom

Restrictions: Void where prohibited by law. Participants must be of legal age in their country of residence to participate. Directors, officers and employees of Sponsor, its parent, and any of their respective affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, advertising and promotional agencies, and immediate families of each are not eligible to win any prizes. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.

Use of Entries. In consideration of the chance to enter the Contest, The Sponsor(s) shall have the perpetual, non-exclusive, worldwide license and right to use, modify, reproduce, publish, perform, display, distribute, make derivative works of and otherwise commercially and non-commercially exploit Entrant’s name, character, likeness, and entry materials in perpetuity and throughout the universe, in any manner or medium now existing or hereafter developed, without separate compensation to Entrant or any other person or entity.

General Release. By entering the Contest, Entrant releases participating sponsors and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, taxes, fees, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy.

Affidavit,Release and Data Collection- As a condition of being awarded any prize, winners will be required to execute and deliver to Sponsor’s a signed Affidavit of Eligibility, which includes an acceptance of these Official Rules, a release of liability and delivery information for prizes. Entrant is informed that the data collector is Funcom Oslo AS., and the data collected will be transferred to the United States of America. Upon request, Entrant will be provided with access to Entrant’s personal data. Entrant may withdraw their personal data upon request, however in such an event, Entrant will be disqualified as an entrant in the Contest prior to the fulfillment of prizes.

Winners List: After 2021-08-13T04:00:00Z winners will be posted on the Funcom official forums. Prizes provided by Razer.

Sponsors:

18 Likes

Also, please note that the confirmation email you get for submitting your entry has the wrong date for when the winners are revealed. That was my bad and will get that updated asap. :notlikethis:

Edit: FIXED!

9 Likes

I really miss your weakly posts , it’s always a pleasure Nicole , count me in :+1: .
Beware for questions , I will read carefully but for sure I 'll have some :rofl::rofl::rofl: , dummy old man , my apologies girl .

No , it’s ok everything is crystal clear , nice job Nicole :+1: .

4 Likes

Ayyyyy I got the Stelagel approval!! But always open for questions. They help make every future post more clear. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

if my chosen in game religion is Crom, what do I do?

3 Likes

You don’t have to choose the same religion you started with in the game. It can be whatever you choose! If you choose Crom, that’s up to you how you want to interpret a temple to Crom.

5 Likes

Use your imagination , amaze us :wink:

2 Likes

Be Dammed I destroyed my large epic temple when I started a new game to build my pirate ship🤨

I want that “Sneky Snake”:rofl:

5 Likes

From the post at the top, in the Basic Rules section:

This is why I asked the question.

3 Likes

Ah gotcha! I totally see the confusion. I’ll edit it to better reflect that. Thanks for pointing it out!

5 Likes

good news to hear about another contest!!!
i stand strongly against using mods to determine the winner so i will not participate at all in this contest (i am on pc) , but good luck to anyone who will take place and amaze us! (looking forward for the thread that will show us ALL entries!

4 Likes

It looks like my initial questions have already been fielded. Very interesting. And a great idea for a community event @Spynosaur_Nicole! There is a reason why I have never entered the previous building contests; I just dont have a good mind for the intricate and creative side of building, and sadly my structures all just end up as slightly different shaped rectangles.:confused: But…if I can pull together the free time, then I will give it a try. After all it is…

For CROM!! :mountain_snow: :metal:

7 Likes

I am fairly sure that in the past mods were no allowed in such building contest. I would honestly be surprised if they would be allowed in this one either.

1 Like

Actually @Spynosaur_Nicole I have another question. Do you want pictures of the temples interior, exterior, either or both?

copied straight from nicoles post!

p.s. ty for the responce , but its ok !!! not all contests r meant for all players ! :smiley:

4 Likes

That’s up to you!

And yes, mods are allowed for this contest since all platforms are being judged separately. We haven’t allowed them in previous contests since they were all judged together. So this is a bit experimental. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I don’t play to win , i play to have fun . You know very well how relaxing and creative is to build in this game . You are right , this contest is not for all players , yet I believe we can give it a try . We are not architects , either artists , we are just gamers having fun :wink: . I know very well that once again I will see wonders in this contest , but I will never feel less , never , I play to have fun and this is all I wanna do . Every effort is inspirational and creative and that’s what I keep from these contests :wink: .

1 Like

i am glad u see it that way! i support the contest. for my own personall reason i do not like to particpate in a contest that also includes mods, so i will leave my place on others to enjoy!
i wait to see ur entry as well! :smiley:

3 Likes

Oh wow, I skipped down to the basic rules and passed right by that. Screw that then this is pointless and I won’t have anything to do with it either.

I really want to see your Crom temple! I immediately thought of you when they listed Crom as a choice