TESTING TRANSFERS (Original title : Volunteer with siptah DLC)

will be glad to help out
so whenever u want that just send me a dm

2 Likes

The same way you can keep your feats when you transfer. Funcom could have done this but chose not to.

I did NOT know that but thank you. No decay time at all?

1 Like

okies a new transfer has taken place

@Palm522 hoped from my siptah server to exiles land server we transferred some stuff from siptah to EL.
1st think i did when he transferred his character was to check what happened with his build (we r not clanned up yet) his build entered the decay state immediately

this transfer included no thralls and all went as it should be.
among the transfers though was eldarium bars , recipes to learn (i brought the heavyweight truncheon to EL) which i successfully learned and was able to craft also and a delving bench to check about delving.

and yes u can delve normally and the delving bench works as intended giving u the correct recipe (i delved a redeemed legion helmet and received the black knight recipe as i should receive.

all items worked as intended (jhils stamina, serpent boots etc gave the correct bonuses in exiled lands as they provide in IOS also)
Next i jumped in @Palm522 IOS server and i transferred things to his place in EL. what we noticed is that we transferred again and i had some obelisks attuned , but upon my arrival nothing was attuned at all. so obviously the obelisks were lost upon removing the character from his server
 will check the rest feats (like dredger i had taken to check if i can transport it to IOS and successfully transferred) and will update with an edit this post laters on.

8 Likes

I question here for clarification please. You can transfer from exile lands to Siptah and come back again?

U can transfer from ios to EL and vice versa at will under the restrictions of each mode (in pve where the tests take place u have 24 hrs cooldown and then u r free to transfer again at any server u do not have a character in and matches criteria -pve can transfer to any pve only.)

What u should keep in mind is that in my server , it is @Palm522 that transfers and in his server it is me who act as transporter so our main bases, clan status etc wont change any state)

The transfer actually works between the two maps at will and the ones having ios dlc can normally use it in EL (in case of eldarium crafts ofc u should have the bars also transferred). Kinda game changer ofc as now EL sees some gear not previously available (like boots of the serpent that have +8 encumbrance , or feroxic weapons -greatsword with master fitting is 85 dmg with 35 pen and poison and bonus to attributes- for example)

But for me that i own dlc this means investing in ios was a good move (as in a way made the EL get access in new content).

On the other hand, imagine pvp with access to Op gear (like aspect of the wolf ) vs pvp without access , which kinda makes it p2w

3 Likes

Also what u need to keep in mind is that if ur character transfers , this means all ur buildings and property becomes abandoned which means that in normal timers they will fall to yogs void in 24 hrs (this is the cooldown timer also) 
 If ur main character moves to another server u can say bye bye to everything u built, thralls etc will have been gone untill u return

Further testing with clan membership needs to be done , but we need people for that and unfortunatelly i will be out of town for work next week , so on my side the testing can be continued from next friday and on if all at work go as planned ofc

1 Like

So

Summarizing

I can come to your el server, you give me things, I transfer them to your ios server, give you again the things that you gave me and take new to bring them back to El?

FYI @Ragnaguard, I tried deleting my clan name (saving it blank), but this doesn’t seem to work for me. Either the 2.5 update changed that or I am doing it wrong. Anyway, thank you for all your testing so far. I look forward to more test results next weekend. Have a good business trip. :+1:

2 Likes

Yes , this is how we did it so far

1 Like

I will send u a DM with what we could test if u up to laters today ( today i will be on my pc at around 22:00). Keep in mind that i play from Greece , so my time us +2 from Greenwhich

1 Like

So @CodeMage there is your answer how Siptah and Exile lands can be balanced. Sad but true :pensive:.

Umm, I did that, but being the clan leader I cannot use the function without losing three plus years of work on the server I play on. So I guess I supported IOS for others? How is that ok, again?
Why should I lose all of that to go to Siptah?
Funcom is trying its hardest to keep the games separate, even though they had the nerve to call IOS an “expansion”. How is it an expansion when I lose years of work on CE again? It is not.

I am going to go out on a limb and say there are a ton of solo players on Official servers, and basically the veteran solo community got the shaft again.
The transfer utility is only good for clans or solo’s that have nothing to lose ( Usually newer players that have not invested years of work)

Yes, as long as you create a NEW character on IOS. That is not “growing”, that is just replicating.

Though I admire your glass half full attitude, and wished I still had it in regards to Funcom, the trickle of water they put into the glass every few months is very tiresome for those of us that are always “waiting” for improvements.
Also, for every step forward, they seem to take a step back in other areas, or just keep breaking the code.
It is like watching someone try to finish a jigsaw puzzle and saying maybe this piece fits here, then trying to force it in, then realizing it does not.

I don’t know how far you have tested character transfers, but I did my own little experiment which I will share with you here

I chose a level 60 (alt) character from Siptah that I only use as a security vault, loaded her up with different stuff and moved her to a random Exiled Lands official pve server, the transfer itself worked just fine, but there were some things I noticed after the transfer:

1. After the transfer to Exiled Lands my character spawned in Midnight Grove, not a big problem, just wasn’t expecting to end up there.

2. Encumbrance buffs worked fine but were reset after arrival, I guess you go through like when you die, so bringing some extra buffs to avoid over encumbrance on arrival might be a good idea.

3. All upgraded tools and weapons were reset, meaning they no longer had anything more than when they first were made, I guess this applies to armor too, so be aware of that.
    EDIT: It seems like upgrades are still there, they just don’t show anymore on any weapon, tool or armor.

I brought some Siptah specific weapons and a Brutus dog, it didn’t seem like I lost anything from my inventory, also I still had all the learned feats from Siptah, I guess those that had problem with losing feats didn’t get them from the transfer itself, but probably from resetting feats/attributes before the transfer :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So all that remains here is to test 2 more things.
If you own a clan as solo clan leader.

1 can you transfer your self back to the server you left? If you succeed, do you loose everything that you had in this server?

2 how many times the transfer of a character will be allowed?

I know that the warnings are saying that you loose everything, but does it really happen?

In order to do this all you have to do is join a pve server, fix a small cabin and travel to IOS. Do the same there and go back to EL server you traveled from. If your little cabin is still there but you cannot enter it then we have our answer :wink:

Excellent information.
I wonder if the server transfer is an RNG spawn thing. Odd you would end up in an Instance.
I think I will do some tests myself, I probably have dozens of avatars scattered all across the servers.

2 Likes

I think @Ragnaguard already answered this here :wink:

I don’t think there is any limit and there shouldn’t be :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not sure what you mean by empty clans. I have two other people in my clan atm.

Wether it is or not, people are doing it, mostly the large clans. So yes, I want to do that also. I want to play one Avatar, home based om my current CE server that I have been on for almost three years, and be able to go to IOS, gather Siptah OP stuff, and come back.
I do not like Siptahs map, Siptahs current NPC set up, or much else about it, but I want the OP stuff.
I never build in the jungle Biome, because I do not like it, but I still go there to get stuff, is that wrong?
The only difference is, I PAID for IOS, and not the jungle biome.

This.
I leave my clan and transfer, and immediately lose 65 thralls.
Both of my clanmates are in the military and are mostly gone for long periods, so I cannot just get invited back.

I am in a similar canoe trying to paddle up the putrid pond, I get your justified frustration. Let me ask, is it possible for you to log in on your boyfriend’s account while he is deployed? If so, perhaps using his account to go to Siptah and gather a few OP items, while your toon stays home to hold down the fort (so to speak) on the EL map.

1 Like