Testlive Patch (21.12.2018) - Purge Fixes and Building Optimizations

Another bug list:

• Harlot journal 5, 7 and 8 also has invisible ghost.
  • Definitelly something wrong with iron tools, they seen to harvest less from some animals, like crocodilles and shalebacks. Iron cleaver harvests one meat from shaleback, iron axe harvest one beast flesh and one bone from crocodille per chop, for example.

What is the expected release of the update?

When there are multiple thralls in a close proximity and you spawn in a monster, many of the thralls don’t start attacking. Sometimes they take 10 -20 seconds to register they need to go full agro on the guy or they just bug out and dont attack at all, only a certain amount of the thralls attack. If you could fix this it would do wonders for thrall defense in general.

Bug with thrall hunger on Testlive_US3_PVE. I have a darfari archer 1 and on 12/24 at 21:04 she went to starving. I checked on her yesterday morning (12/25) and she was at 390/780 hit points. Checked on her again this morning and she is still at 390/780. She will not die. If I stand there and watch for a while her health will climb to 399 and then drop back to 390. This keeps repeating.

Bug: Named thralls allow you to craft their exceptional or flawless weapons or armor even if you don’t have the base recipe. The icon shows grayed out but you can actually craft if you click it. Also the text required knowledge at the crafting window description is blank (dont remmember if it ever showed something here).

Another strange thing happened with a pet but I think this is not a new bug.

Had a pet hyena following me when single player game crashed, when I started it again, it was guarding next to me, so I put it on follow again.

From that point on, the pet would not attack anymore it only circled enemies but never hits then.

2 Likes

Good catch. This one can pop up occasionally.

throwing axe cripple status effect only shows up over human npc hp bar, not animals, and it creates a new symbol everytime instead of cripple stack. Also status effects stacks on humans in general are still very small font size.

Also the quickloot menu is a bit buggy, it highlights everything when you try to scroll through it

Bug or intended? Mulled Brew and Century Egg now have expiration timers. They did not before.

Bug or intended? When I turn music slider to minimum, I can still faintly hear it playing. Also, the interface sounds can faintly be heard if all volume sliders are at the minimum. There should be a check box to completely disable these sounds if the sliders will only reduce sound. Some folks disable certain sounds to increase performance, or in my case, I need to listen to new music, after 4 weeks of CE soundtrack.

1 Like

Can you please put something in the game so the boss creatures can be killed solo? I know, I know, you can already kill them solo now – but poking and dodging for 30 minutes is not fun.

And I’m sure you could code so that the boss creature’s HP dynamically changes if another player hits it or even gets close to it. WoW already does this.

And I know there are mods for single player that address this, but I play online. It’s just that I play on very low pop servers where there is rarely anyone else on. (Most players built their stuff and have stopped playing.)

Please consider implementing this as it’s the number one issue I have with the game. You reach max level and realize you’re done because you can’t kill any of the bosses sanely.

2 Likes

For now get pet or thrall with you, cats for bleed Wich IS nice to stack with spear, or somone with sunder, altrought t3 thrall from volcano with 4k HP with teliths sorrow is more than +250 dmg before reductions, i know Ai is some times weird but its aƄ least something, also Maybe add this in suggestions, its test live thread

Btw Lotus queen with best weapons can be done Under 10 min solo xD

FYI: Testlive_US3_PVE crashed or something, and is no longer letting people login.

only 4 thralls will attack the same target, that’s nothing new or wrong.

1 Like

Did anyone get a purge to see how it went?

Experienced some crashes of the game recently. I didn’t have any problems with crashes before, everything ran smoothly, so here is how it went.
I decided to get some brimstone, to I went over to Sinner’s Refuge, I fought the three exiles at the cave entrance, then suddenly: freeze frame, had to restart the game. Entered the game again, first thing I noticed that the pet hyena I had with me wasn’t there anymore. Didn’t really care about that and fought the three exiles again: during the fight, freeze frame again.
I remember that a rock sometimes dropped from the top of the cliffs above the cave, could it have something to do with that? Will try to enter the cave once again today and see how it works out.

1 Like

Is that intentional? I feel all your thralls should be put to use.

It may not be new (thralls are pretty dumb overall) but it’s still wrong IMO.

Yes. I got a purge. I used to only get them at my main base, but last night I had one at my lava fort. It went really well. Got a notice they were scouting, then another saying they were attacking, then seconds later that they were defeated. I didn’t even know about purge map markers, so I had no idea where this was going down. I used my map to jump between bases and when I finally got to the lava base, I was able to see the attack location, thanks to a visual bug, where bodies first appear standing. I saw an army of people standing in the lava near my base and then a second later, they all dropped to the ground.

When I got close to see the carnage, I was impressed at how far through the lava some of them managed to get. Some had almost waded through to my side of a really wide lava river. Not sure how. Maybe AI doesn’t feel pain and they were walking on little burned off nubby legs. Or (I like this one best) they have giant DNA, from the Chronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever. Remember Saltheart Foamfollower?

So now I realize I’ll have to rethink my lava base and try making it more accessible for capturing purge thralls.

1 Like

Can I get a hallelujah? :partying_face:

1 Like

When I agro a mob, I have thralls up to 30 meters away respond to the threat. If they can exit the building they are stationed in, they will respond. It is like poking a stick in a hornets nest. The 4 closest ones might get you as you run away, but the rest are close behind.

1 Like

I had crashes as you described at sinners refuge, at first I though it was solved by reinstalling video card driver but then it happened again. Must. E related to thw fix for construction under the map mesh.