Testlive Patch (21.12.2018) - Purge Fixes and Building Optimizations

Don’t forget testlive servers don’t have a restart and there is not one for each region, so between these two reasons after one week its mostly unplayable. If Funcom made then reset daily it might get more people on official test server.

Got my first purge on Testlive_US3_PVE, unfortunately it was while I was offline. This to me is still one of the biggest problems with the purge system. I don’t mind getting a purge, but to me it would be better if it could happen anytime you are online and your purge meter was in the range. Having a limited window from 6PM to 10PM just doesn’t fit IMO.

Btw, my one thrall is still not dead. she has been starving since December 24th. She is still stuck at 390 health, and she keep resetting to 398 and then dropping back to 390.

Another bug, been building near New Asagarth. Seems the old Rain/Thunderstorm bug is back. This is where it will thunderstorm non-stop and only way to get it to stop is to logout. Then when you login again it has stopped.

2 Likes

I want it to rain and thunderstorm 24/7 there. I fell in love with that region the moment I walked into it from the dry region just south of it. It is very much like my RL home. Wolves, bears, moose, deer and elk. Tall evergreens and lots of water. Rugged mountains and violent thunderstorms. Just beautiful.

1 Like

The animation for a building object being destroyed seems to only work sometime on expansion pack items

Maybe it could be a clan option for the leader to turn off or something

Wow, this update will be massive but it has so many important tweak and changes! It will feel like a new game! Cant wait to see it go live!!

2 Likes

Testlive_US3_PVE

Bug with right-sloping inverted sandstone wall. It will not let you place anything on top of it.

I had to use the left-sloping inverted sandstone wall on both sides of my bridge.

2 Likes

Place stairs, doors and fences last. They seem to prevent or make it very difficult to place anything that is adjacent to them. Pretty sure it is a bug and not intended mechanics.

4 Likes

Thanks for the feedback. We’ve sent it to our team :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks.

Another bug.

Pets on follow do not attack. I have tried it with these pets: bear, rhino, hyena and wolf. They look at the mob like they want to but then do nothing at all. I let myself get hit a few times and nothing and even when I engage they still do nothing. This is just with pets, thralls do attack when on follow. Not sure why pets are broken.

1 Like

Thanks again, we’ll let our team know of that issue as well :slight_smile:

Object collision placement of building object should be turned down. There are times when a wall wont rotate, or it cant be placed after a roof tile only before. The gates are especially touchy about this.

4 Likes

After the fatal error and being able to play again my tiger was starving when i logged back on pvp eu 1. I kept giving him all sorts of meat from his diet but he just consumed it and it still didn’t fill up his hunger.

When you are getting staggered while fighting with a shield it feel very clunky when you try to hold up the shield. Can you make it so by holding the shield block button it will put the shield up at the first possible moment?

1 Like

According to one of our clan members his pet started attacking when he removed something from it’s inventory.
Might help find the issue

I have noticed on single player the mobs keeps spawning. I river in the desert area where the crocs all spawn I am running into patches with 8-10 crocs lol

Request. When you roll out the next update to this testlive patch, would you also please schedule daily restarts of the testlive servers? Please. Pretty please. Some of the building optimization issues (stability/pieces moving around,etc) only cropped up when the servers were restarted. yes I know most showed up immediately after the updated, but some others did show up later. Just want to make sure there will be no hidden issues when this goes live or we could all lose everything.

thanks.

2 Likes

Freeze on Testlive SP

I had a freeze of the game. It occurs after a fight at the broken bridge. The last thing I did was press CTRL. A few seconds before a purge was anounced.
I couldnt do anything, even change to desktop. I had to restart the whole system.

Hey there,

Thanks for reporting those crashes. We were aware of some spots in the map in which players experienced a high probability of having their clients crash, so it’s good (bad?) to know it’s not isolated.

ummm I suspect there is going to be an issue when this patch goes live.

So I loaded single player copying over my live game save to see how my base (that has taken 100+ hours to build with vanilla gather settings.) would load at a distance. Notice anything odd? I used the same exact method I have used without issue when reinstalling.

Here is the same scene of my workshop building in live.

I can walk through the walls like they aren’t there, and clearly the foundations don’t seem to have any substance. About 90% of my builds crafting stations, thralls, and boxes are gone (some have bags with stuff in them others don’t.

I should mention that I can’t dismantle any of that. It is visually still there (and the upper level is in tact. But I can’t click on anything to dismantle it. So all the foundations and walls are visually there and support what is about them but they aren’t actually there. You can’t build on them or remove them.