Testlive Patch (29.11.2019) - Mounts! Follower leveling system! More combat rebalancing! But...by Crom! There's even more?!

Think it will be random. Dunno though.

Yeah, that makes about as much sense as not providing a thrall count, so you’re probably right.

They said it’ll be random. Although I have no way of confirming it, I believe it means completely random without any additional logic.

Very exciting this to put this on Testlive. I skipped some sleep to see :slight_smile:

So far I am pleased with the changes. Especially the slight offset before going into full sprint has a huge impact on the game. It was the first time I ever got killed running naked into the sandstorm temple east of the noob area. The dodgeroll workes fine for me. You can’t evade any situation anymore as it used to be.

Will you also fix the thing that it makes you immune to explosive damage? I think players should be vulnerable while rolling.

I still want to test this on official servers where server laggs might reduce the positive effects.

For questions and information about the follower cap please refer to its corresponding thread.
Thanks. :slight_smile:

A lot of visible effort on this one. Congratulations to the Dev team and THANK YOU!!! Now let’s see if it all works together :smiley:

4 Likes

Momentum huh, ill download testlive just to see what kind of momentum you guys are talking about, im having doubts but guess ill see soon.

Forgive me, but do we have any new information on the status of this bug from the devs yet…? A number of people have been reporting this broken Journey Step for quite some time now.

5 Likes

Hello i love this game , but from what i se on this patch notes some change are very bad .
1: Strength perks that previously granted 25% bonus damage has been reduced to 15% bonus damage.
2: 2H Sword Overhead smash damage has been reduced by 1/3. In addition, this attack has been slowed down and stamina cost reduced
This is the worst , when i start play i loved 2h sword , i play only single player , and from what i see you nerf 2h sword fight , i try fight with 1h sword or other weapen , and realized the other weapen have more stager then 2h sword, For example you give 2h warmaker sword wich have 61dmg for such hard dungeon its very low in me opinion , telith sorrow 2h sword have 67 dmg but this is way easier to get . This overhead smash was one good change , and now you nerf this like other 2h swords i cannot understen this Anihilator sword useless , only good appearance , ican talk about this all day , but noone listen .
About strengh perk nerf heh , its look like you doo this to make ppl angry , once this is one from not many perk thath give anythink good , and now you nerf its from 25% to 15% , berserker rage wich is last perk is useless , i know what i say , play 500h and try use this skill many times even to this day i try finde a way for make some kind of use , but its just bad , you should make it work frm 40%hp at least not 25% .

I just downloading testlive to chek this bad change , i love other change but this nerf 2h sword from one patch to another make me sad , and i dont want play that much as before , even i want buy more dlc but i dont doo this , until fight with 2h sword give me joy again .

ALL OTHER BULLET POINTS INVALID. THIS IS THE ONLY REQUIRED ADDITION.

w i n e c e l l a r y e s

Though how silly hard is laser raver Thog going to be with sushi-roll? I have concers. I could test this if my 1996 dial-up wasn’t so temperamental. I’m sure my 56k robomodem is on the fritz

4 Likes

OH MY ! FC you have been listening to me, good very good. Combat feels way better now since we are able to weave attacks from strong to light and vice-versa. This is good ! Now you need to add movement when the swings play and sprinting/ charging attacks, block parry with all or some weapons and it will be golden.

Also the new roll is also good, movement and combat i think are going in the right direction. But ill say it 100 more times if i need to, add charge mechanics and let us be able to move when we swing our weapons.

1 Like

On the plus side, there is a feed-pot Range Slider built onto the Server Controls now. So we’ve got that going for us.

After overnight testing I’ve found a number of unimportant issues, in addition to actual bugs. @Ignasi: should we be overlooking skin issues, Admin Panel spawning stuff and other non-essential cosmetics at this point? Not to be terribly expositive, but should this be a “softer” run-through for us? (As in don’t be critical of the details, instead seek the entrails? :smiley: )

Mounts are really cool and the follower levelling system looks really nice but, for me, this update brings some unnecessary nerfs like the one to heavy attacks (25% to 15%), the one to 2h swords (the new animations were already a nerf) and the one to serpent-man weapons (after all they were not THAT strong).
For me it’s not by nerfing things that the overall difficulty could be increased, we are already not on the same level of high-level NPC (Volcano or Sepermeru), not to mention thralls that can reach 9900 hp and almost 1000 armor.
And i agree with Solarius, sprint attacks could be a really good addition both for PvP and PvE.
But the greatest thing would be more realism with fighting, when speaking of real combat it is 90% parrying and 10% dodging, and those two things usually comes together in order to keep a fighter safe so it’s ok to tweek dodging but a more reliable way to avoid damage should be implemented with focus on finding the right time to strike; a good way to make swordplay more accurate could be a “perfect parry system” where a tap of the parry key at the right moment could leave the opponent opened to a critical strike (maybe a 50% more damage or a no armor bonus).
One last thing, the AI of following thralls, it would be great to be able to set how the thralls will react to enemies, like attacking every hostile in sight, standing still until attacked, been completely idle or drawing aggro (archers will be really happy for this).
Anyway thanks for the bugfixes and the improvements =)

3 Likes

If it were me, I would say, report it all. Big and small.

6 Likes

Wow, just wow. Amazing update across the board really. Thank you.

4 Likes

I’m really sorry for being a rain on your parade, but there are people in the Steam Forums who are already complaining about how the horses look.
(and this is before the patch goes live)
For god’s sake, find some way to shut them up before they get more people on their hate train.

i missed it in the patch notes , but are you guys fixing the loot command on dead bodies?
so we dont have to hit esc button to close loot boxes or leave 1 item in the ui for it to close with the interact button?

thank you for the patch, looking forward to trying this out in live.
( the roll scares me )
#sushiroll

3 Likes

One last look at the salt is all I wanted.
Everyone getting their voice back is probably the one thing I’ve been waiting for and was excited about, but now I’m still in awe with all the improvements.

One thing about the new dodge roll though. I never minded the change, still don’t, (just feels a bit weird rolling after a sprint; no momentum), but I’d like to hear other people’s experience fighting a corrupted hyena. Hoddam! My base is near Algar’s overlook, many a hyena there and came across 3 corrupted today.
I mean this mob in particular tests the new roll, and I don’t know what other mobs have in store.

Well early December is in 2 days :-0
Thank you for the information. Never figured me to be this lazy.

I have to admit, I was bit sceptical, if there would be a reason to have the mount system in PVE or single Player.
But after some time on testlive all I have to say is:

I want my horsey on productive Servers, and I want it now!!!

Jousting is fun, although I suck at it and will probably need several months of Training, before being able to hit something smaller than a barn (and we are talking about a big barn here)

Horse proportions looked a bit oversized in the presentations, but it’s not that much of an issue, once you get used to it.

Whats somewhat odd: you can build a stable at Level 15, but then have to wait until Level 20 to build saddles and actually ride your horse.
Initially I thought we would also be able to ride our horses in the old american native style, without saddle.
Newcomers will probably grumble about that.

All in all: A Job nicely done FC

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! :partying_face:
I spent ages (at least it felt like ages) trying to get those chests

3 Likes