Testlive Patch (30.01.2019) - Further Balancing Passes and Bug Fixes

Im just hoping for sprint attacks for every weapon to make combat more interessting and dynamic.

Did you try to play with mods enabled? If so, I suggest disabling them when playing on testlive.

So, I have some concern on the removal of oil from insulated wood. I’m not against it, perse, but I was just thinking about how black ice compares to reinforced stone. Or rather, for a cold weather comparison, black ice to Khitan. Specifically the time and material cost for each already seemed a little out of wack and this might make that a little worse.

1 Like

That’s not at all what I was talking about. To build a black ice foundation you need 4 insulated wood, 3 steel reinforcements and 5 black ice. To build reinforced stone or any of the DLC foundations like Khitan, which I think is also the only other cold weather T3 building style, you need 15 hardened brick, 4 shaped wood and 3 steel reinforcements.

It just seems to me that anything T3 other than black ice already requires a much greater time and materials investment, so making insulated wood easier to create might be upsetting that imbalance even further, whether it’s a little or a lot.

To put it another way, on a purely practical level, why would you choose to build your snow area fortress out of Khitan building pieces instead of black ice?

1 Like

Not necessarily. My concern is with the relative balance between comparable T3 building pieces. Not the specific components involved. Basically the easier it is to build one thing, the less incentive there is to build another, similar thing. So if you can already build black ice for half the effort of Khitan, wouldn’t there be even less incentive to build Khitan if black ice is made that much easier to build by removing the oil requirement?

I’m not saying the removal of oil from insulated wood is a bad thing. I’m just thinking that with this change it might be a good idea to do some fine tuning on T3 building requirements.

1 Like

I agree that it simplifies the black ice buildings, but only by a tiny bit. Oil is one of the easiest resources to get. So the biggest differences are in the hardened bricks. Drop the number down to 5 or 4 hardened bricks and you will have a much better match to the cost of doing black ice.

3 Likes

The problem for insulated wood is that you can craft T2 insulated wood structures around level 20. To get the oil you need the fluid press which doesnt unlock until lvl 28. So for 8 levels you have a T2 building style you cant use.

A way to rectify this is require 15 black ice or my prefered option is give T3 & 4 smelters the same material cost reduction as carpenters. T3 make a brick for 7 stone, T4 for 5 stone.

5 Likes

Agreed, sprint attacks would be a really great addition to the game, this will help against foes that run away, also the locked camera animations should be removed, by that i mean players should have control to turn around and move when an attack is issued, this will make combat more dynamic and not how it is right now - i hit attack button my character stops and does a swing dance. This is why it is so easy to juke opponents because of this i can easily rush to the north.

Mobs when they are chasing me they stop and issue the attack animation which is SLOW and they stop moving so they can make their attack animation. Everything in the game MUST be able to move while swinging a weapon or sprint while trying to bite your legs.

This is what i mean CE should see how Skyrim did combat animations. Mobs dont stand still dancing with their weapon. They move left and right while swinging their weapon and animals bite while they are running and they can leap without any issue when they chase their prey.

Also all the animals must be more dynamic. Animals like gazelles and deers that are not ment to attack should run away when they see a player or predator near them. Right now i just go next to them and spam attacks. Bows are useless in the hunting part of the game.

2 Likes

I agree on pretty much everything, if they somehow can make animals and human AI be able to more reliably land their hits the game would be more challanging and exciting to play. I feel they did a decent job with the cat animals (leopard, tiger, sabretooth etc) where they have some animations that follow your movement and generally has more interessting and aggressive attack patterns. If they can raise the standards of all animals/npc to match the cats it could do wonders.

I wholeheartedly agree Solarius. This was one of several new attacks I suggested some time ago in my first suggestions list:

1. New Combat Attacks:
    (Arguably the most boring or divisive one) Charged attack-I feel it would nice to be able to hold down the heavy attack button for 1-2 sec for a slightly delayed stronger attack. Downwards thrust-as the name suggests, a downwards strike on a grounded opponent. Jump attack-as simple as it sounds, and useful for attacking opponents above you or those trying climb escape. Run in attack-when at full sprint, a quick lunge or opener attack.

Heres hoping it makes its way in someday hey, it would greatly enhance the feel of the combat.

And again I must agree that the animals should run away if they percieve a predator. For example, rabbits and gazelles should run away if approached by either players or a hyena, crocodile, wolf, etc. Actually on that note, does anyone know why dont the aforementioned predators attack these animals? Is this an intended design, or a bug…!?

1 Like

Cats are done in the right direction i agree, but i am still able to outrun them on foot. Increased movementspeed and leapwhile running will be great.

Probably prey animals are missing this feature, hence why they are stationary, i have never seen them run away when i or anything else comes near them.

Also another suggestion i remember this was a feature when the North came live but using stations found around camps like cooking fires and blacksmithing stations that are on NPC camps would be really sweet. This will promote to live the life of a nomad jumping from one location to another.

Exactly! The combat, all though being very good for survival games standard, it can feel a bit repetative and lacking in chase downs/sticking to a target. I cant help but feel sprint/jump attacks would add a new dimension and fluidity to make it feel more complete.

1 Like

@Loke Yeah Ive seen a good few requests for the sprint and jumps attacks especially. So much of this game is about chases (whether you are chasing or being chased) punctuated by combat. It would just add such a better, and more realistic flow. Thats not to imply its bad now, this would just make a great thing even better.

3 Likes

Hello, I would like to report that the Stone Pike now does Poison damage instead of Bleeding damage. I am not sure if this is intended, but it doesn’t seem to make a lot of sense, so I am assuming this is a bug.

The game also froze completely while roaming the map, and I had to terminate it through task manager.

Bug: Single Player, no Mods.
Each time when entering New Asagrath through the main entrance the Nordheimer archer on the right tower will spawn, even you have him just killed. Repeated this multiple times. You just need to walk out of the city until the first fence on the path up to the city, turn around and go back to New Asagarath.

This has been fixed internally, so expect it to be corrected in next update. I think all bleed attacks show a poison status now.

1 Like

Game freezes constantly

Just reporting that the Testlive client keeps freezing and forcing me to terminate it through task manager. The game just freezes randomly and it says No Response in the Task Manager.

is this the reason the server i am on has crashed 5 times in the last 20 min

make that now 6