Testlive Patch (30.01.2019) - Further Balancing Passes and Bug Fixes

it is logical. Busting through a door vs a solid hardened brick wall that has been reinforced with steel? Logical to nerf, but nobody likes it.

Could be in PvP, people will just have to make a walled in entryway, where they constantly tear out and replace their security wall, when they log in and out of the game. It isn’t that hard to protect against the nerf, by building more walls and doors. It is just a pain and seems a bit pointless to go through with it.

1 Like

I actually suggested this one a while ago now. Something so simple which has the potential to make life easier. Goodness I hope it happens.

1. Obelisks are Marked on the Map after Discovery:
    Yes I know I could simply add my own marker. However, I feel that obelisks are important points of reference, and should have there location marked on the map like any point of interest post discovery.
1 Like

Sure, it’s pointless, and not immersive at all.
That’s what people will do. They will hold a chest with walls, and put a wall in place of doors when they’re not around. But sure, that’s like we act in the real world, we go out, and replace the outway by a wall. :grin:

Problem i see, people will workaround it, build more doors, replace like said by walls by time, or other tricks. End results, more buildings peaces and elements, where it should be less in my opinion.

1 Like

Exactly. That is why I don’t like it, even though it is logical to make them much weaker. Sometimes logic isn’t good for the game. Like there really should be much longer nights, but people would hate it so much that they would lost too many in frustration. It is logical that ceiling tiles would need many more supports under them, but it would make the rooms below miserable to work in. Logically, we should not have 3x the amount of blood in our bodies after training hard to reach level 60, but it sure makes the game better.

I think Funcom could drop logic and let doors be super strong for our QoL.

2 Likes

Swapping walls with doorframes is a feature in F76, where anyone can destroy your C.A.M.P.

It’s smart on paper, but one will eventually prefer a vulnerability over having to replace that door everytime upon log on and off for the next 500 times.

The reason they implemented direct replacement of walls vs. doors is because Doorframes are often the lowest wall piece upon which all other wall pieces rest upon… They are a foundational framework.

The only way to replace a door with a wall or vice versa is to destroy it, which will have consequences for everything that relies on the support that the missing piece had offered and subsequently collapse.

Sorry, but F76 isn’t a reference to me here. It’s stupid at my eyes, ever if 100 games will do it so.

Mostly we do things for a reason. I think people tend to spam doors anyway, so making them low health will make things just worse. It’s just a wrong solution for me.
Imagine you want role-play just bit your char. A friend comes grab you for an excursion, ready to go you say to him “waite, need close my base first”. Then you grab a wall out of a stack in a chest, place it as door. Great in world feeling, oh wow immersive moment ! :sweat_smile:

People often double, triple doors, now then can tripple door-wall, nope sorry, really not a good solution.

Aye.
Doors should simply be equal to walls.
This way it doesn’t matter where or how to crack open a base.

One of the reasons I see why doors are nerfed might be because it is a priority target for the purge. It let’s one do a kind of “tower defense” scenario, baiting the purge into a series of traps? If one is a bit low on guards, doors might give guards a place to congregate.

Whatever the case… doors should be equal to walls cuz the ramifications of making doors worse than walls is ugly to say the least.

1 Like