Testlive Patch Notes Archive

Game mode: NewPVE-C_testlive_02
Version: 95349/17735
Problem: Glitchy sand particles as they blow past your character
After character creation, whilst looking at your torso with your name on the note, any sand that blows past causes the effect to “fizz” like interference on a TV.

====================================
Problem: Items not stacking

Repo:

1. Fill all the slots in a chest with random items, but not maxed stack limits.
    2, Have the same item in your inventory too
    3, Open chest and SHIFT click to transfer items into chest.
    4, Even if you have a stack of 10 stone in the chest, and 10 in your inventory, the two stacks will not merge. This happens with any item stack.

*You get the message saying “Not enough space in inventory”

Problem: Respawn rates too low

Farmed some iron nodes, they took well over an hour to respawn. Tried this with many nodes, no building nearby. 2 players active on server.

Problem: Very low drop rates of hide from dear.

This might be intentional, using an iron axe, we only get 2x hides per dear. 3x required to make 1x leather.

Problem: Player XP bar froze, didn’t start to go up until a death.
An active player, out harvesting with me and killing thralls. Their XP didn’t move for over half an hour. After removing bracelet, XP could be gained again.

Problem: Hitting a Thrall, he did not take damage with every hit.
During a fight with a thrall, using an iron sword. First few hits gave him damage, next 3 didn’t, but the animation of the thrall was that of being hit. Last few hits finished him off. At the time of him not taking any damage, he was up against a steep slope.

*This might have been him dodging/defending, but he gained a bloody face on the hits he did not take damage. Felt like I had hit him, looked like it too.

Problem: Player online for over 2 hrs, and had died a few times, but still daytime.
Partner and I playing for 2 hours. We had both died a few times and had spawned back at our bedrolls. I was having day/night cycles, she was in permanent daytime throughout. After 2 hrs, she removed bracelet (same removal as mentioned above) and day/night cycles began, but still out of sync with mine.

========================

During all of this, we had started fresh and reached Lv13.
Other than these few issues, the game played very well indeed. We have a noticeable increase in frame rates, no stuttering at all. We only built a simple home and didn’t capture any thralls. Also didn’t notice any water glitches.

Well done guy’s, you’re nearly there, this is going to be the best survival game on the market !

Problem: Player unable to see their own dead body, but I could.

In my last post I mentioned how the Mrs removed her bracelet to try and resolve a couple of issues. She did so 3-5 meters away from her bedroll. She respawned as expected, exited the house to retrieve her items but was unable to see her old body. I could see it next to the front door, but she couldn’t. I had to retrieve the items and hand them over.

As I understand it, the “fizz” you mentioned is just rendering noise. The sandstorm is not a particle field - except for the debris - but a volumetric caustic field. Since it’s in motion, your GPU can’t render fast enough without sacrificing performance for other things.

I understand what you’re saying. It isn’t a sandstorm, it was just the breeze passing by whilst you’re looking at the notice pinned to your torso. It wasn’t all the time, during 30 seconds, it happened 3 times and lasted >0.5 seconds each time. I run the game on Ultra, getting 50-100 FPS and I’ve never seen this in-game. I’m using a GTX 970, 16BG, Ryzen 1700X and SSD.

do you use the Realtek HD sound or the Nividia HD drivers through HDMI or Displayport?

The Realtek I’ve discovered is just horrid.

If you are running in Ultra on a 970 and using Sound through the card then your GPU may be struggling a tiny bit causing a sound spike during spikes in usage. (though not getting it in game is odd, which may mean something is loading in the background while this is happening… it really shouldn’t be taxing… of course that load screen may never have been optimized well.)

Problem: Maybe intentional - Not getting any hide/scales from crocs

Only up to Lv13, using stone and iron tools. Killed many crocs, tried harvesting them with picks and axes, never got any hide/scales like we did before. Too low level for skinning knife.

Both sound drivers are installed, but the active one in Windows is the Nvidia HD. I didn’t get any audible sound interference.

I have a Philips 27" 1080p monitor running at 144Mhz connected via display port.

I agree that I’m pushing the GPU to the max but its under 65*C, CPU never goes above 15%. When I can I will get a 1080, just don’t have the funds for that just yet, our holiday next month.

The game runs beautifully, never had any glitching, just on this one window on this one server.

Game mode: Singleplayer
Problem: Bug

Title: Armor and shields not providing expected temperature resistance

The following epic armor sets are not providing temperature resistance despite their standard versions providing resistance: Flawless Hyperborean Slaver, Flawless Vanir Heavy, Flawless Aquilonian, Flawless Vanir Fur, Flawless Zamorian Thief. In addition Mistmourn and Solspeil are not providing their described temperature protection. Empirical observation shows no temperature protection, the Stats screen shows no adjustment and the appropriate temperature bars are missing from the item descriptions.

I get that but the sound is being handled by the GPU not the Realtek drivers. Which means if for some reason the front loading screen is maxing out the GPU cycles (temp wouldn’t matter if it is just for a moment or two) for some reason then it would cause exactly that in some cases. It is an easy test though. Just drop your settings to high, load the game and see if that solves the sound issue. If it does it confirms it is the GPU. I have a 1060 which is about as powerful but may have a little more RAM. You could also attempt (if you have the cable around to do so) To run the Realtek sound into the monitor (which I assume is where your speakers are). If the issue disappears you know it is a hardware issue, likely due to optimization in Character Creation. If it persists then you know it is a game bug that isn’t happening (or perhaps just not audible) to others.

Title: Not recovering from frostbite effects

I’m not sure if this is a bug or working as intended. I got frostbite and my maximum health value was reduced as expected, but when I left the cold area my maximum health value didn’t completely recover. I travelled through the desert, seeing various levels of heat effects (but avoiding heatstroke) to check if that would help, but I still retained a maximum health penalty. I logged out and back on, but no change. I next restarted the game completely, but no change. I then tried Chili Desert Style and that reset my maximum health to the original value before I got frostbite.

Game mode: Testlive | Singleplayer

PC - Visual bug with combat stance

This only appears to affect the right leg. It is much more noticeable when standing still in vanity mode.
I like this sword. Is it staying in the game?

PC - Snap issue with gabble roof piece

It will not snap properly to the center wall of an odd number width building. This prevents finishing the wall.

Title: Durability Modifier 0.0 not preventing tools from losing durability

The tooltip for the Durability Modifier states that it affects the durability of armor, tools and weapons. If the modifier is set to 0.0, armor and weapons no longer suffer loss of durability, but tools, including the religious harvesting items, lose durability when used.

TestLIve on Private Server with 6 members

Thralls are dropping through foundation blocks that are flooring for our compound.

Still having an issue with disappearing thralls… lost one that was left in base and went awol next time back in.

Bear is coming through a ReInf Stone foundation block.

Problem: thralls fall thru the map.

I was testing the purge:
The mob hit my thralls, and they fell thru the buildings.

Testlive [Version 95349/17735]

The sword, Lust Taker, from the final feat of the Derketo religion crafting items, is improperly placed into the smithing Bench instead of Derketo’s Pleasure Palace like how all other religious weapons are crafted in their own altars.

Crafting a Yog Cleaver in a Pig of Yog produces 5 Manifestation of Zeal when it should yield only 1.

Game mode: Live

Thralls don’t respawn when you’ve enslaved one. Happens most of the time (but not always). Respawn of thrall at the location where you captured one doesn’t respawn until server restart. This will leave a lot of thrall camps very very empty for a big part of the server uptime.

To test this, simply go to a slave camp (any of them), knock a thrall out (armorer for example) put him your wheel. Camp the location where the thrall spawned,and notice how anything else that you killed in the area respawn, but the thrall “slot” never does.

Problem: My body goes into a hill when climbing here
TeleportPlayer 9249.273438 124829.210938 -8207.563477

Problem: Making Glass Flasks
1, Place crystals into a furnace with a mold and turn on.
2, Glass is made, but then only one flask, the furnace then turns off.
3, turn on furnace again, it will now repeatedly make flasks.

This seems to happen for the first flask only. Once the furnace has been relit it will continue to make all of the glass into flasks.