[TestLive]Server disconnect when using bandages/wraps

I know this sounds like a weird issue and I’ve not seen it talked about, so I wonder if it’s an isolated thing.

When activating a healing wrap or bandage, I have a 1 in 4 (pretty consistent ratio) chance of being disconnected from the server. I’m able to reproduce the result 25% of the time.

Once I and the rest of my server-mates abandoned the wraps and started using aloe potions instead, the disconnects stopped across the board.

Edit: Testlive server

This also happens in my case.

1 Like

If you wield weapons while using bandages it is supposed to stop the healing. This happens but there is a bug that causes you to crash also. If you use bandages and do not wield weapons until the healing effect has ended, you will not crash.

1 Like

Thanks for the info, Tika. I’ll definitely put it to the test next time I log on.

You may need to wait until the buff has completely faded from your HUD. I see this also on my testlive server, and sometimes I -think- the right regen has fallen off but still get booted.

Fortunately it’s quick to rejoin, but I can see this getting players killed. I switched over to (admin spawned) ambrosia to get around it.

Which stacks with bandages so I still use them when I can!

I find bandages cheaper than aloe potions. Ambrosia depends on how many NPCs are near. I make some of each. I use bandages when I am not in combat, and save potions for while I am in combat.

What? You can harvest human corpses to make Ambrosia?

On SP not on server. Not sure why it works on one and not the other.

I had to admin-spawn the lingering essences after murderizing NPC camps on testlive. Mitran Ankh is not working. Fingers crossed for that functionality being fixed in next update.