Testlive Server is Down

My issue is $$. I’d be running my own server if I could.

This is part of testing. This is where they identify server breaking bugs.

But, I suspect, the issue is with the Testlive equipment, as often has been the case when Testlive is running the same code as Live but goes Zombie for weeks at a time.

PVP and PVE-C are empty. EU is at 46, about capacity; depending on builds. EU is acting as bad as the US one was before it went down.

If I’m test driving a car I don’t want it to have bald tiers. Not sure any dev I have tried to help ever listened, but we need another US PVE server opened on testlive.

2 Likes

public test server - US - PVE - Exiledlands down since ~1:30a Eastern.

Appears public test server - US - PVE-C - IsleoOfSiptah is also down.

Are these GPortal servers? I would be so upset to have offsite hosting with this level of instability.

public test server - US - PVE - Exiledlands is back online as of ~9:30a eastern.

looks like there was some kind of partial rollback or benches / materials were simply lost

If you are getting a pak issue doffernece, look for and delete the DLCEXT. I had the same issue, and that fixed it.

1 Like

Was fine when it came up this AM. Now I’m got all those “going to crash soon” symptoms. Thrall quit following, enemies teleporting, can’t place thralls or pets on constructs.

2 Likes

What about single player?

Single player is fine. It’s the official US PVE server that is… er… um… can’t think of a nice term.

The most populated, EU PVE is next.

public test server - US - PVE - Exiledlands down as of 11:27p Eastern

3 Likes

public test server - US - PVE - Exiledlands is back online as of ~11:50p eastern.

1 Like

I have played yesterday on EU Siptah PvE-C Testlive for around 14 hours…not a single log out. Session of 14 hours without:

• disconnect or any kind of server crashes
  • little fps drop and stuttering
  • no server desync or freeze(like on Official 6008…)
    So, yeah. I am pretty stunned that it runs so smooth. Maybe it needs more players for some “stress” testing :stuck_out_tongue:
1 Like

Because no one is playing it. Same with PVP. Nether US nor EU PVP or PVE-C seem to have more than a few players, this should tell funcom something. I know it wont, but it aught to.

Of coarse I’ve had a few people say funcoms test servers are crap hardware, so…

Funcom, you are making US feel like your red headed step children.

Maybe. I cannot say how things are from your perspective.
Having 10-20 people active at the same time on Siptah is more then enough. I mean, there are only that many things one can do without “getting in the wait line” :

• 14 Vaults on 10 min CD
  • 3 Pools
  • 3 Leyshrines
  • Statues on CD (if i remember correct 4-6 hours)
    In a PvE situation, you do not want a overpopulated server.
1 Like

I think the solution is just to play it in Single Player. If you want or need to test PvP stuff just invite a friend… the CoOp can you vs your pal you know.

In this way you also don’t need wait on progressing your character. You can just set up whatever scenarios you wanna test, log out of admin status and go for it. You also get to play with that awesome creator mode and can set Creator Mode available for all if playing with a friend.

The US PVE server is crap. 40+ people on a lot of the time. Builds every where. Looking for another server to play on while the US PVE has been down I saw both US and EU PVP and PVE-C officials were empty.

1 Like

This is precisely what I’m looking for. I’m sorry it’s painful for you, but this data is essential to helping create a differential diagnosis when we go live. As in, we can look at the symptoms in the future and say “it needs a reboot” or “it’s about to crash.”

In my opinion, we need these diagnostic Official servers and we need reliable Testlive privates where we can keep a toon and castle for next time.

1 Like

public test server - US - PVE - Exiledlands crashed just now. Just thought I would mention so you can look at logs to help troubleshoot these crashes. it is back up again.

And the bad part is it’s not regular enough to set a clock by lol
I logged out just a few minutes before it went down. Enemies were rubber banding so bad I couldn’t effectively fight them. Ran back to base then couldn’t open anything so logged out. Just a few minutes later they reported on Discord it had crashed.

public test server - US - PVE - Exiledlands down as of 9:43p Eastern