TestLive Update [01.09.2018]

Hi Rorik, I think you mis my point. We are here in a topic for the testlive version, people are actually investing time and effort in testing and posting reports. Then you get a post like that. Srry if you feel that I should not react to that and that I should quit here and from the game for doing so.

Never said quit the game, just to cool off.

Donā€™t want to go off topic so Iā€™ll conclude this with the same notion; Thereā€™s no harm in others expressing their views of the overall current testlive. Could have easily ignored the message and kept on testing the game. No reason to blow it out of proportion like you did.

1 Like

That I can agree upon. I could haveā€¦ but I stumbled upon it, looked at his profile and pulled the trigger :smile:

I do not see these things at all, so you do not speak for all, i ask you to speak for your self, and not on testlive but live.
And why dont you stop to consider that funcom work much much deeper then you know, and if one issue may fix 4 problems they would rather do that, thats why these devs earn a living.
BY killing thralls left over it will release massive amounts of headroom for the servers, wait and see im rure it will help a lot.
And why do you bother with how they implement pets?
Is that wrong to use a system that are allready in-game to highen the experience?
No, its smart.

Instead of complaing i would join a functioning server and really see everything work as intended, as i believe you never have.
Better yet, set up a vanilla dedicated at home, it runs like a charm, hence my idea about the hw not coping, but thats another issue.

I am not on testlive now, as i await a smoother option to switch between the 2, as on my last server EVERYTHING RUNS!
Notice that i dont say it works for all, but i invite you to join my server and watch how the game can run.
Thenagain im sure you would rather rant about how hard it is to place spikes, or some other thing, because its clear you will not see or admit that these issues with thralls and the purge actually work in many cases!

First of all, I would like to invite you to my profile and count the number of bug reports I have posted. Second of all, no words needed:

I have no interest in seeing that my local machine can easily host a SP session and that most performance related issues are not occurring. I play on official server, and again no words needed:

Sorry if I complain about my game being broken, but it isā€¦ and I think I have the experience to back it up.

Please stick to the topic of posting bugs here in this forum and adding information to bugs already reported.

1 Like

I agree, sorry for wandering off.

Will do, sorry.

This is why I have gone to well-equipped Private Servers during this phase of testing. Thank you for your input, as it will help when I try and simulate this later. It is important to me, as a follow-up to my climbing due diligence, to see if terrain fixes might yield undesired effects on large structures such as this ~7x10. I am fairly certain the terrain changes have repaired one major undermesh access point, which gets me stoked.

I will do some more testing with it once the testlive servers get a restart. Both for the going into the foundations and for the thralls on the roof.

Another thing to look out for is the pen was broken after the most recent patch, you could tame 1 more queue and after that it stopped working completely. New pen solved the problem. Still need to figure out if it is the restart or the patching as cause.(All my 4 pens had this issue)

1 Like

So far everything I have given my thralls to eat only restores 1 point on the hunger meter. Grilled exotic meat was 1 point, same as t he others. I know they will eat anything, but shouldnā€™t higher grade food restore more?

They will get buffs from ā€˜goodā€™ food.

I didnā€™t realize you could get TestLive stats out of BattleMetrics. Iā€™m appalled at how few people have put more than 10 or 20 hours into US1; Iā€™ve only put in a hair over 50 and Iā€™m in the top 5!

1 Like

It becomes unplayable after some days, they do not have a daily restart. They come up with excuses that they are monitoring and doing stress tests, been like that for 2 weeks and they still fail to understand that in order to have people testing they need a testable environment. Not even mentioning the multiplier not being set correctly on US testlive.

1 Like

Heh, 7th on US_1 and 9th on US_2 where I havenā€™t been in over 2 weeks. The unplayability after several days without resets definitely played a role into me not logging in very much. Couple that with the 1x gather rate and numerous reports from Solo, Iā€™ve moved over to Single player lately to see itā€™s not in any better shape (but much more stable).

2 Likes

Game Mode: Testlive_US_1
Problem: Bug

I was not having this problem earlier, but I logged in after 2 days and emptied my fish traps and went to cook them. I placed the exotic fish into the large fire pit and the fish started spoiling at an amazing rate. less than 30 seconds for 6 or so stacks to poof. This did not happen when I placed the savory fish into the pit.

Steps to reproduce:

1. place fish traps
  2. log off for 2 days
  3. log in and empty fish traps
  4. put exotic fish into the large fire pit
  5. watch in amazement

That happens in current version too. I witnessed it on a small campfire I placed while camping Grrr spawn area. Have to keep all the food on me or make a chest if I want it to last.

I experience the same on dedicated server. However it happens to me also in fluid press.

Iā€™m also encountering another bug thatā€™s related to mats being hidden while producing something from them . If You have for example iron produced in smelter queue and bricks after that the last iron bar wonā€™t be created but iron ore will be gone. It will start to produce bricks.

Donā€™t know if it was intended but my wolf have 10 inventory slots. He had 5 yesterday before my dedicated server restart.