TestLive Update [07.09.2018]

This one is an on-going issue for a while. It does that with certain corner stairs when no foundation is underneath. The one consistent working one has been sandstone corner stairs, that one always seems to work when other’s don’t. Tier 2 brick also seems to have worked in various patches too, the rest have been hit or miss.

I’m told that you have to kill one of the three bosses (in your case, the large bear) to unlock the last boss, and kill and harvest the last boss to get werewolf meat, and eat the werewolf meat to learn the Jebbhal Sag religion. I think what you’re supposed to do if the boss is dead is wait for it to respawn?

In some Bose areas like with the werewolf open admin and turn on and off ghost mode this sometimes triggers the bosses to spawn.

It would be nice for someone from Funcom to respond to the fact that many of us don’t wish to play on PVP servers so this event is very one sided. I guess the only thing they care about is PVP and not actually testing all the mechanics of the game since PVP is not the end all be all of survival games. As someone said earlier how can you test if your constantly repairing/rebuilding your stuff. Come on Funcom figure it out you say you listen to your players now listen to us.

2 Likes

With 1x crafting speed, I’ll be startled if as many as 10 people make it through Midnight Grove by the end of the event. Can we get a day or two extension? If there are bugs in the end-game content, most people aren’t going to see them any earlier than Monday or Tuesday night.

4 Likes

@Tascha

Unsure if this is a bug or intended.
Jhebbel Sag Alter the purfiying of demon blood to normal blood. Not gaining manifests.

Após sair do jogo e entrar novamente no servidor, as marcações dos lugares descobertos no mapa sumiram.

1 Like

Desisto. Sem a jornada e o mapa funcionando corretamente, desisto de continuar os testes. Como já disse, ao sair do jogo e retornar, o mapa e a jornada aparecem zerados, prejudicando a evolução do jogo. Este problema já foi consertado anteriormente e mais uma vez retornou. Gostou muito do jogo, mas essas coisas desanimam…

1 Like

Agree, journey steps are resetting after reentering the server.

The caster does not make a discount when melting resources

Thank you so much for your reply! I’ll keep this in mind when building with higher tier resources!

1 Like
  1. Trying to place a pen while it overlaps character moved the CHARACTER up and down, not the pen
  2. Feeding trough within 10 foundations of the edge of the pen not feeding creatures in the pen
  3. Taming pets is PAINFULLY slow w/o associated thralls to increase the speed, taking ~ 1 hour or more for a single shaleback
  4. Somehow my furnace became “Stuck” - timer reached 23 seconds for my current fuel source and won’t decrease, nor will anything smelt
1 Like

Game mode: US3 Combat test
Type of issue: Bug
Server type : PVP
Region: US

1. seper city, saw numerous thralls that were actually 2 overlapping once you would get close, mostly crafting station thralls
  2. animals and NPCs will chase you in the water and get stuck under the water and you cannot coax them back out, the npcs actually swim in place under the water
  3. yog teacher and pirate queen run around erratically, you have to chase them down to interact.
3 Likes

Modo de jogo: Online Official
Tipo de ocorrência: error
Tipo de servidor : PVP
Test live
“Fatal error:
[file:C:/UE4/CSAND/engine/Source/Runtime/RenderCore/Private/RenderIngThread.cpp] [Line:959]”

Every time I go to fight the game closes!

1 Like

I got that one, once, while trying to log in this afternoon as well. I submitted a crash report.

Dear Dev’s,

I have spent many hours in the testlive server this weekend, only stopping to eat and sleep mostly. Issues we could repeat as bugs have already been posted in the relevant sections.

Testlive EU3

As others have said already, X1 on PvP isn’t the best environment to test these mechanics in just a weekend, I also suspect that any End Game bugs will not have been seen by most of the participants, even with my hours and experience in the game, I still only managed to get to Lv53 before retiring.

During this weekend, we both had two disconnections, at separate times, both on the same internet line and stood next to each other in the game yet one of us would get dropped from the server. Very random and odd. At the time, fewer than 10 players online.

Client/Server Performance

Considering that these maps were fresh wipes with fewer than 10 players for most of the time, we were still experiencing regular freezes in the game. These would happen in our small base when returning or respawning. This will only get worse with more players online.

Trying to open a chest, wheel or workstation would result in a delay (3-10 sec) before all of the items were displayed and at one time we waited for more than 30 seconds for the foundations of our base to appear, the game hadn’t frozen, just took ages to render in. There is clearly a delay in displaying the inventory of these placeables if you’ve only been in the area for less than 10 min.

During a handful of battles with multiple NPC’s we found that it was “clunky” with NPC’s seeming to teleport to us, skipping a few steps. Animals would do the same thing too.

After respawning, run to our front door and click to open would often result in a freeze, and then finding yourself a few steps past the doorway.
Performance has definitely taken a hit guys, and not for the better.

Overall Gameplay

I’ve been playing since EA launch last year, have 1600 hrs on the clock and seen this game develop. Personally, I feel the game is no longer challenging, and not because I’ve got better at playing. I remember back in the day when you’d have trouble crossing the noob river without the right tools. Trying to get up the hills to the desert was fraught with dangers. It was gripping and exciting. Battle in first person felt real and up close.

Now, other than the temperature concerns, its possible to run through the entire map (at least to the snow line) COMPLETELY NAKED with very few animals able to give you any damage. The NPC’s and animals are slow to react and very predictable.

NPC’s & animals will often get caught up on environmental objects such as rocks, walls, tree’s, fences etc or simply freeze themselves allowing for easy executions. NPC’s will often ignore the fact that you’re fighting his mate a couple of feet away.

There are sections of the map where you can run for ages and not be threatened by anything, there seems to be fewer animals about overall, whereas other areas of the map are teaming with them meaning you get lynched by 6+ mobs at once.

Personally, I preferred the gameplay right before the implementation of the 3rd person play. Since then, it has continued to go downhill.

Well, thats my feedback for this weekend.

13 Likes

I have a screenshot of the blacksmiths in Sepermeru double spawned and overlapping. Almost killed them both, till i realized one was the level 3 I had been searching for.

4 Likes

The 3 who stand next to an anvil on the road also double up. The 3 normally consist of a Blacksmith, Tanner and Fighter. They were fine yesterday, but today they were doubled. Testlive EU3

1 Like

My body is blocking the anvil in that pic, lol. But this is the armorer, smith and [insert profession I forgot] here.

1 Like

Moved - I posted this in the wrong thread.

I make it 48, and some of these may not be bugs. We need a couple more guys :slight_smile:

Here is my list compiled from the 3 threads. This is not a list of bug’s I have personally found, just a summary from here. @9am GMT

Midnight Grove
1, Hyena’s get stuck after being agro’ed
2, Bosses dead on entry
3, You get stuck in walls/cliff faces if you get knocked down near one.
4, Exiting takes you to Supermeru
5, No white flowers

Off-Hand Cobo’s
1, Shields Bash not working correctly
2, NPC’s passing through blocks if they have a one-handed sword
3, Throwing Axes cant be thrown
4, Javelin off target
5, 3rd heavy attack not causing a bleed
6, Off-Hand attack uses more stamina than main hand attack.

Pet System
1, Rocknoses not producing resources
2, Rhino’s can be tamed in T1 Pens
3, Trained crocs vanish at times
4, Bear vanished from pen in final stages of being tamed
5, Joining a clan prevents interaction with tamed pets
6, Croc died on stairs
7, No event log for murdered pets
8, Camels keep walking into players
9, 2x Shalebacks with the same name
10, No indication as to what the buff is on pets
11, No indication as to what to feed pets in Pens
12, Rocknose eggs not in the world
13, Baby animals not respawning / or very rare
14, Pets block doorways
15, Pets head poke through walls
16, Can F to equip armour, but armour vanishes
17, Any animal can be placed in aany Pen
18, Pens are accessible from any part of the model
19, Pens not included in landclaim
20, Pets continue to be aggro’ed after threat is dead
21, Grown pets dont show in Pens after taming is complete
22, Not all pets are always vied by all players
23, Rhino on follow takes huge arcs and gets stuck often
24, Pets on guard dont always return to post after a fight
25, Trouble placing Pens on foundations
26, Pets move backwards
27, Couldn’t interact with croc for a short while after it had taken damage
28, Shaleback teleporting into cliff faces and then vanished
29, Pets vanishing from Pens during taming phase
30, Pet on follow vanished after logging off/on
31, Pets not re-entering compound
32, Shaleback after healing still shows blood stains
33, Pet no longer attacks after relog
34, Turtle won’t stop following
35, Pets sometimes continue to attack corpes
36, Hyena & Spiders can walk through closed doors
37, Rhino on follow, you die, cant control Rhino, too many thralls on follow message.

Added:
38, Placing a tamed pet on top of ceiling-made roof allows you to merge it into the building.
39, Interact with the rhino’s hind legs won’t open up its inventory.

Tascha, we are very near the mark with only a couple of questionable entries. Have we done well enough ?

Added:
I’m sure we could have found more in the Midnight Grove if we had more time to level up enough to survive there.

15 Likes