TestLive Update [07.09.2018]

Yes - we have separate keys for the different platforms :slight_smile:
That is the reason I mentioned it above.

Thanks for all your reports and also special thanks to the ones taking time to recap and make summaries. You guys are total rock stars.

3 Likes

because true gamers need macros to pull off combos[sic].

I wasn’t even aware that Macros could give you an advantage in this game. :open_mouth: They already implemented an aim bot in the vanilla game with the auto-lock (which I hate with a passion).

While your looking into giving the None PC players keys or a testlive could you also look into not making all Testlive PVP? There are some of us that do not like that play style and I fail to see PVE or PVP testing is testing so come on your basically saying we will give you keys if you play how we want you to.

1 Like

I’m happy to play in my toybox. PC players seem to think they are better than us
 oh well. I started on an Atari and ill probably die, still using consoles

2 Likes

If the next round of Testlive (after pets go live) winds up being siege mechanics, then PVE will have no place there. However, if it is anything else, then please give us a PVE and PVE-C servers. :grin:

2 Likes

If siege mechanics are the next thing to be worked on in Testlive, there will be nothing for PVE to test. I would probably go Solo/Co-op or private server if that is the case, since I can’t be on for the whole of raid time in PVP servers (so I’d probably get wiped and spend most of the time just grinding resources daily). It’s quite easy and effective to do all of the raid testing in Solo mode.

If that’s not the case and there is more to the next update, then I highly suggest that there is both PVE and PVE-C servers available as well. This is all contingent on a post that @Tascha had made a couple of weeks ago, saying that siege mechanics were being worked on in the near future (hence the nerf to vault hp).

Thank you @Tascha. The reason I saked this is, that I wanted to donat my key, if i get one, to a console player. But this doesn’t seems possible.

Yes, the pvp settings for the recent TestEvent is not something we are going to do again unless we would need to test specific pvp only mechanics and the focus tests would ask for such settings

4 Likes

I joined the Call to Arms Testlive event and what completely blew my mind is that we, your customers, are invited to join you, the producers, to find bugs in new game features you’re developing while ALL THE EXISTING BUGS in the current live version are still there.

Full stop.

Swimming uses stamina, completed journey steps reappear in the log after relogging, the furnace instantly completes iron ore into iron bars, Sepermeru NPC’s spawn inside the Set shrine, knocked out and dragged NPC fall through the map when the rope breaks. Killed NPC instantly disappear when you turn around and move away like 5 meters, NPC’s are still called Fighter Ii and Exile IiI, thralls follow you backwards.

I could go on and on and on and you know what they are because we’ve been telling you since launch.

Please.finish.your.game.before.adding.new.features.to.it.

Maybe then I’d like to see your camel’s toes.

Use a bow on the bull. First accuracy perk. He’s pretty easy then. I have killed him several times solo. My only gripe with the dungeon is the first 2 bosses don’t respawn like the bull and werewolf do. The lures aren’t working-or at least i couldn’t figure them out. I upgraded alter to t3. Claws are ok but i think the time needs to be extended on them since they aren’t repairable due to the timer being the durability. Technically I think all of it could go live with no problems.

Keep in mind. This isn’t a low lvl dungeon. I wouldn’t suggest below lvl 40 at least going in. I had heavy armor, herbal tea, and lastings meals on me. The end bosses. Well i couldn’t figure out the bull till 60. Didn’t recreate to see if it could be done earlier. It did take me several days to figure out how to get through it.

As for shade spiced foods. I did put a post up for animal taming and foods. I think the system needs to be simplified. Some are working. Some aren’t. Animal Taming and Foods

I’m sure that you’d be able to donate your key to a console player if you get one, they are able to give keys to any platform. Thats a really kind offer you’ve made.

Dear console players,

There seems to be a bit of ill-feeling that PC players are being given some kind of preferential treatment here, that really isn’t the case.

Deploying updates to the PC platform is way faster and easier. It’s not because they prefer to do it this way, but the vetting process imposed by MS & Sony takes far too long to make it practical and productive to testing and making fast alterations.

I agree it would be far better if everyone could join in, the more eyes would help spot the bugs faster, but it is what it is, this is how the different platforms work.

Their next dilema will be, “What can we do exclusively for the console players which the PC players are unable to join in with?” I can’t think of anything without them deliberately discriminating against PC players
 This wouldn’t be fair for those PC players who didn’t participate in the Testlive event.

Another point is that the Testlive event’s are not always fun. I spent 30+ hours in the game over the weekend, making notes and repeating things over and over to be sure I had found a bug, then returning here to report my findings. Whilst the reward of a free DLC is nice, it doesn’t go anywhere near to “paying” for my time, I do it out of love for the game and a willingness to help speed up the fixing process.

I know it’s a shame that you guy’s are unable to join in, we’d all love to have you guys help out, sadly, the only fix for this for now is to play the game on a PC.

Best wishes intended

6 Likes

The one thing that annoys me the most is the incorrect placement of foundations and walls. This issue has been a plague for a realy long time now maybe half a year. And the other thing is the FPS issues im getting a 30fps on Medium settings with a machine that has 8GB of ram with a i7 8 gen CPU and a NVIDIA 1050 TI, this is not normal.

We have collected all your reports and are also forwarding your summaries. Additionally we are also summarizing general feedback and impressions from our side too.

Thank you very much for your time and helping us improve the game :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Please write IN BIG, how we need 2x2 doorways with your submission. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

@Tascha

So the new hairlines on some of the npcs. They kinda need some work. Im killing the half bald ones cause they are almost to ugly to break in a wheel. Im ok with completely bald but the long haired mullet bald is not becoming.

2 Likes

I already have both DLCs so its not like I need the prize. Its just tiresome to only see PC players rewarded for something. (even if some earned it)

There is plenty of ways they can do console rewards, they could have bug/exploit rewards for issues found, maybe they could always do a separate download on Playstation for testing and bug hunting. It would have to be a separate downloaded “game” or maybe Sony doesn’t allow this, idk for sure.

There should be prizes for all customers available even if its just marketing crap like retweeting post or something.

1 Like

The Skullet is real, you’re right. Some camps I feel like I’m at a Joe Dirt revival.

3 Likes

LMAO im so gonna steal Skullet! It is now my word of the day.

2 Likes

I wish I could take credit! Heard it from @Jens_Erik.

You’re right on from your screengrab: the Mounds is definitely bad hair central. :haircut_man: