TestLive Update [17.09.2018]

Eh my base is fine. I didn’t see anyone on any of the servers this morning before i flopped over to live. Was on for an hour or so at like 6am.

Yay my critters have a buff!

Yes, performance will be worked on as a focus as well - we are doing AI/Thrall focus first though. Performance is always being worked on in between patches but we will have more people looking into it after we have a good pass on the AI improvements.

5 Likes

I am not sure what happened but just as a heads-up: We are looking into displaying more info for you in the IG event log. Not only will this clear up issues for you guys it will also help us help you better :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hey, it you all are looking at Altars, how about fixing the bug with Ymir / Set when they upgrade from t2 to t3 they move forward 1 whole block. This has been happening since EA.

2 Likes

FYI, Putrid Meat is still only stacking to 25.

3 Likes

Though in a recent newsletter and during the stream, Jen’s mentioned a specific performance improvement that one of the coders is working on. He did say he wasn’t sure if that specific performance improvement would make it to this branch of patches though or the one after pets.

1 Like

Again just FYI, but baby animals are still not respawning. I grabbed all five Shaleback Hatchlings from grid square J5; three hours later there were none in the grid square.

1 Like

Well finally got a hard purge to see how the critters would do. King scorpion took down greater rhino, greater croc, rocknose, Sadeh, and a direwolf. Last man standing was a greater rocknose. Time to go grab more babies! Animals held up pretty well considering thats all that was defending my base. Only lost one sandstone wall.

2 Likes

Old bugs :

1. Npc exiles follow you into deep water and they get stuck under water
  2. You can build near npc camps to stop them respawning
  3. Fighter npcs with shields don’t know how to block
2 Likes

Yeah it was a scorpion purge= hard one that spawned world boss. Yes it took down most of my animals. Animals did better then i did. It wrecked me at 46. Didn’t have a bow made yet so i got to stand back and watch most of it. Was a good test run though to see how the animals would react to a purge.
As soon as the scorps came in they started attacking immediately. I was expecting the animals to just stand around like the thralls do at times.

Ok newest bug-Animals stop producing/taming if you aren’t online even with a server running 24 hours. Before i went to bed lastnight. Put 2 pebblenose, 2 baby crocs, gold vein rocknose, regular rocknose, spider, hyena and 2 ostrich in 2 pens. Wanted to see how production went overnight.
Woke up. Nothing finished. Like everything stopped about an hour after i logged out.

Production wise. 1 gold node, 12 dung, 3 feather, and 1 ichor

Server Hosted by Survival Servers and reboots at 3am PST daily.

Are there any mods installed on your server?

No ma’am! only thing i really changed was thrall/crafting time is set at .05 and harvesting/xp is set at 3/2.0. Everything else is pretty much set to base game.

Gonna keep running/taming and seeing if it was just an odd hiccup. Cat woke me up super early so im due for a nap at some point today. I’ll make sure to reload more animals into the pen and see if i can reproduce it consistently.

1 Like

Piggybacking on this thread.

Found a bug with a disappearing pet.

Greater sabretooth vanished on skyfall ridge.

He was loaded with 1 stack of human meat and savory flesh, 3-4 explosives and 300-400 star metal ore. Checked all over the ridge, continually kited goats around allowing them to hit me to try to aggro the cat. Never found him there.

Checked both his latest and original deployment points and both were empty.

We are on a gportal server running testlive. Restarts every day at 1am est.
Setting are close to base with x2 xp rates, gathering and .5 thrall tame time.
No mods.

Hi Tasha, not specific to this problem alone, the general issue where the world stops when no players are active, will that be looked at? A lot of problems are related to that and could be fixed by looking at this underlying problem.

1 Like

In this TestLive patch, pre-patch thralls have been set to have a full hunger bar. However this is still not the case for dancers. @Tascha

Game mode: [Single-player]
Type of issue: [Bug]
Server type: [PvE]
Region: [EU]

Pre-patch entertainer thralls are starving after updating to patch

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Place a selection of thralls (different types, levels, factions etc.) in the current live version of the game.
  2. Update to test live.
  3. Load game.
  4. Check thralls, and find that the entertainers (only) are starving.
1 Like

Ok in response. Filled up 3 pens with babies and stuff running. Took a few hour nap, did stuff around the house. Everything ran fine. Not sure if it was just a hiccup with the new patch or the server reboot. I’ll test again tonight before i go to bed and see if it was the reboot that halted everything. Otherwise it seems to be working fine now. Stuff is producing. Rocknose sometimes glitch out and just produce the one stone they eat.

It’s nice actually seeing resources being produced. Although i have an awful lot of dung rightnow.
Would be nice to get the other resources upped a small bit versus the massive amounts of poop produced. I think after 5 hours or so only a few feathers, ichor, gold and metal. Versus 200+ poop.

1 Like

I think the taming time could be abit longer, currently it was faster to tame bear than tier1 archer

I’m running into an issue with star metal nodes varying widely in how many explosive it takes to open one. Some have opened in 1, others are taking up to 8.

Also, some pets are moonwalking while following and charging animals only to vanish and reappear next you before they hit thier apparent target.

I’ll post video if its needed and i figure out how to clip twitch videos.