Testlive Update 2.3 (10.02.2021) - Isle of Siptah revamp, Offline mode, sprint attacks and more!

Yeah, no, I’m not actually disagreeing with that. As far as I understand, Silent Legion isn’t something from Conan lore, but rather something that Funcom invented. (And if I’m wrong, I hope that someone more versed in Conan lore will correct me.) So if the Silent Legion was based in the Black Keep, under command of Tyros the Deathbringer, then I would expect their recipes to be found there and nowhere else.

I was just confused about why we would have to apply the same logic to Khari, a race/empire that wasn’t actually based in Exiled Lands. But maybe I got the Silent Legion lore wrong and they’re not from Exiled Lands either?

EDIT: Made the last paragraph clearer.

As far as I read on the Conan Exiles Wiki, the Silent Legion Warrior is only available in Black Keep. So it makes even more sense to be able to learn this armor there too. These opponents don’t even exist in Siptah.

Well, inside the Black Keep, there are a total of five tablets in three locations (left, center, and right). They could easily assign different armor recipes to each of the locations (light, medium, and heavy). So maybe?

4 Likes

I would love that.

1 Like

You are absolutely right @Palm522

I myself (I am with this game since 2017) just realized a server cluster project with 3 different CE maps (Exiled Lands, Isle of Siptah, Sapphire Exile). The connection between the servers is controlled by a php web server. The whole thing happens with the help of the mod “Amunets Server Transfer”. It works great, the connections are stable and reliable. The transfer only takes a few moments, just like entering a dungeon. With the help of the mod, the player data, his inventory and his progress are reliably transferred from server to server. The mod list is identical on all 3 servers, whereby it affects the 3 different maps differently. The map-changing mods from Snowhunter run on the Exiled Land server, which do not affect Siptah and Sapphire Exile. I had previously discussed with my server provider to enable the loading of Modmaps via the Engine.ini. I am now curious how the project will be received by the players. The announcement of the project was at least received with great interest and joy. Some of the players will even drop out of Valheim to take part in this CE set cluster project.

1 Like

like it or not the maps should have their own characteristics. their own creatures, own recipes etc.
If we take all this into account, we assume that the transfer will be bidirectional, which I think is not clear (if I’m wrong, correct me). funcom has only communicated that it will exist but will it be unlimited or only once ?. If it is unlimited the logical thing would be independent maps as I have said before with each one unique and thus encourage the trip from one to another for recipes and lore.
Also, I don’t see any success in improving siptah and, incidentally, sharing the content with the lands of exile because those of us who have paid the dlc feel that it is a joke for us. at least for me.

1 Like

Another game I have played for 10+ years is Wurm Online. King of sandbox in my opinion, but not a huge player base. Virtually nothing happens there that isn’t player driven.

They have many maps in that game. Every couple years they launch a new server or two. Initially, these new servers are cut off from the rest, so you have to start new characters and rebuild from scratch if you go there. You don’t lose your old characters, buildings and mountains of junk, but there is no transfer. Eventually, 1-2 years later, they allow a transfer between servers, which is achieved by hopping on your boat and sailing to the server edge and crossing over.

This transfers your character, the boat and everything in your (and your boat’s) inventories. It is a pretty seamless process now and you don’t even think that you are being deleted and recreated in a new server. Just feels like sailing from one continent to another, with a slight glitch in between.

I do hope they allow full inventories (including unplaced thralls/pets) and 1 following thrall/pet when transfers happen. This is how I wish Siptah had been implemented from he start.

The other think I really wish would be the ability to run multiple dedicated servers on one server session. If not, I suppose I can look into dropping virtual servers on my home server, but Id really prefer the dedicated server option allow for having multiple maps running at once.

Not feasible to run Siptah/Exile Lands/Other maps all on one server (if I’m understanding your post correctly).

There is a mod that lets you set up a server cluster. That’s your best bet, pending whatever server transfer stuff Funcom comes up with in the future.

Small world!

2 Likes

well hey!! Welcome to my other obsession :slight_smile:

So I went back to read through the dedicated server section and turns out they now fully support it on a single server with no virtualization needed. Just open new steam ports for the second server and make sure the dedicated servers launch from different folder locations. I have both servers running now and they seem just fine.

map/game server is not the same as hardware server.

you can run multiple game servers on one hardware server but you can’t run multiple maps on a single game server. every map needs it’s own game server. this means: 2 maps => 2 rented servers (at least for most of us)

3 Likes

Testerle already clarified that part and no, you don’t need virtual machines on your server computer, all you need is 1 computer and 2 separate launcher folders.

Folder 1: Drop Launcher 1 exe, start it, set ports, set EL map for your Server 1.
Folder 2: Drop Launcher 2 exe, start it, set different ports, set IoS for your Server 2.

Make sure the ports are open and routed/forwarded to the corresponding IP. You will need to enable multihome as well.

Now you have Server 1 running EL map and Server 2 running IoS map. If your machine is powerful enough and your connection allows it, you can run multiple servers without an issue by simply setting the ports and creating a launcher folder for each server.

If you want to connect the 2 servers, for the time being you can use a mod. However, your Server 1 cannot run both EL and IoS at the same time which is why you need Server 1 and Server 2 created for each map. Then you can link them in a server cluster. This is how Atlas is doing it as well (I haven’t played Ark but I assume it is the same for them).

Testerle also mentioned rent two servers because many of us are running slotted servers so we can set only 1 map at the time and they are usually the cheaper option for servers with 10-20 slots. However, if your bill goes above 70-80 EUR per month (you can find dedicated servers for about 50 eur as well), you would want to consider renting a dedicated server (computer) which would allow you to set as many servers as your machine can handle and you won’t be paying per slot.

1 Like

I’m more curious if funcom will copy over all character data (including the mod stuff too) or just the “basics”.

in the end, we will have to wait anyway.

2 Likes

I have both Siptah and EL servers running on one hardware server now with no virtualization. It was quite easy ultimately. Just multi-home, give each Conan dedicated server it’s own ports in router “port forwarding”, then have each dedicated server run from it’s own folder. That is it. Burning about 10% CPU and 28GB of RAM on my system to have both running.

no, you need only different port configuration for every server

hardware was never the question. 1 game server/unreal engine server/the hosting software serves 1 map. you have to run a separate game server for every map. again: hardware was never the question

Greetings Exiles,

We just released our fourth and final revision for the 2.3 Testlive Update.

Changelog:

Currently Known Issues

• Performing a sprint attack right before mounting a pet causes issues with the mount’s functionality.
  • Javelin’s light sprint attack cannot be performed while a shield is equipped.
  • NPCs might get stuck at specific locations in some of the new camps.

notes

exploits

• Fixed an exploit that allowed logged out characters to become invulnerable and impossible to loot.

building

• Exiles can no longer return Convergence Trap to inventory while active.
  • Convergence Traps may no longer be disassembled while active.

combat

• Sprint attacks now require at least 1 second of sprinting before they can be triggered. (Added 12/03/2021. Reason: missing from notes)

purges

• Fixed an issue with the difficulty threshold of the Drowned purge in the Vault 11 area, which would prevent it from progressing.
  • The Accursed Cimmerians purge will now spawn correctly within the Big Middle Camp area.
  • The Elder Things purges should now also spawn on the central area of the Isle of Siptah as originally intended, specifically:
    • An army of Tcho-Tcho
    • Mi-Go Abductors
    • Rage of Krllyand
    • Followers of the Blood-Moon
    • Tide of Ghouls
    • Denizens of Shaggai
    • Minions of Leng
    • Thunn’Ha
    • Thunn’Ha Yakith Tamers
    • Pack of Lloigors
    • Bokrug’s Slaves
    • Bokrug’s Gaze

general

• Fixed an issue where the Continue functionality from the Funcom Launcher could prevent players from starting new Singleplayer sessions if the save files within ConanSandbox\Saved were manually deleted.
  • Removed the “Dev-Only” flag from certain items that should be visible and allowed to be spawned by players:
    • Simple Armor Rebalance Kit (41072)
    • Armor Rebalance Kit (41073)
    • Advanced Armor Rebalance Kit (41074)
    • Helm of Sobek (92010)
    • Gauntlets of Sobek (92011)
    • Chestguard of Sobek (92012)
    • Tasset of Sobek (92013)
    • Boots of Sobek (92014)
    • Gliding Joints (92186)
    • Master Armor Plating (92187)
    • Master Weapon Fitting (92188)
    • Fencer Weapon Fitting (92189)
    • Master Reinforcement Kit (92190)
    • Bulked Plating (92191)
    • Iron Leg-hold Trap (80911)
    • Nordheimer Bed (80105)
    • Nordheimer Horn (80758)
    • Deathbringer Axe (51072)
  • Improved feedback for the Launcher start, the launcher now attempts to wait for the game’s main window to come up before closing itself. The Launch button/panel also transitions to “Running” during this time, preventing subsequent launches.
  • Fixed an issue where the Maelstrom would not apply its associated buff.

terrain

• Fixed double instances of foliage from spawning on certain places on the Isle of Siptah.
  • Addressed a graphical glitch affecting the ruined dome located close to the Accursed Citadel.
  • Readjusted several environmental assets in the new camps to address clipping or floating issues.
  • Fixed a number of visual imperfections on several LODs and decals across the new Siptah camps.

ui

• The “Any” drop-down option in the Server Browser’s Map Name selection is now properly translated to all available languages.
  • All translations for the new 2.3 Update content have been finalized and added to the game.

audio

• Fixed an issue with missing SFX for hammer and 2h axe attacks.
10 Likes

Added correction to the latest changelog. Missing line (under combat fixes):

• Sprint attacks now require at least 1 second of sprinting before they can be triggered.
2 Likes

@Croms_Faithful :eyes: at above patch notes around the bottom of them you might find the ——— stuff is kinda available not sure what but I thought that might get a :blush: now if only we could blow that horn at being of raid

1 Like

The sprint attack fix is welcome indeed. Anything to help reduce how often I shoot past my enemy when already engaged in combat. Every weapon was tarting to feel like warewolf claws.