Testlive Update 2.4 (06.04.2021) New Lands, Zath, Character Transfer and more! Oh my!

Does this mean existing structures will popcorn?

Simple solution. No PvP server transfers. It would solve a lot of problems.

1 Like

I will do you one better, scrap pvp from the game and just keep it as pve/rp.

2 Likes

I think that would be a mistake. I like PvP in other games where its more structured, and there is a lot less cheating, undermeshing type behavior. Even then you get toxic social waste but if the environment is more controlled you get less of it. I have no clue why anybody would subject themselves to Conan PvP but I would hate to see it eliminated for people who run private servers, keep control of the players and enjoy the gameplay. Public servers is masochistic nonsense catering to sociopaths.

Seperate the PvP from the PvE/C environements by offering different rule sets in each. You could even tweek the combat sliders and other variables for things like horses. Trying to balance both is a fools errand.

3 Likes

Is there a cooldown or somehting to prevent cheating and destroying economies on pvp servers?
ie farming resources on a pve server and then taking resources to pvp servers, or just transferring items out of a base mid raid and taking them to another server?

Another clarification,

Server transfers will work in this order:

PVP → PVEC → PVE → Unofficial

Meaning, you can transfer between the same level or to a level below. But not from below to above. Meaning, a PVP player can transfer to another Official PVP server, or to any other mode. An Official server PVE player, on the other hand, can transfer to another PVE Official server or to an unofficial server, but not to an Official PVEC or PVP server.

There will be a lengthy announcement with all the details about this feature once we’re nearing the launch, as we mentioned in the patchnotes.

21 Likes

thanks for the clarification @Ignasi <3

there is some explains why u nerf bows so much? its OP for ur opinion or what?

Allowing people to transfer server with full backpacks would be game suicide! Are you seriously trying to destroy what is left of the game. It happened in Ark, within a week of allowing server transfers all the officials got wiped out. Dumbest idea ever

transferir el PJ no creo que cambie nada… puedes transferirlo en BOLAS al servidor que quieras, creo que esa es la idea llevar el PJ desnudo de un servidor a otro… los objetos se quedan en el servidor donde pertenecen… es simplemente ahorrar la creacion de PJ.

They will probably limit what you can take, maybe only mats or only crafted items?

Can we get more details on this please (numbers etc.)? Really happy to see this

Did you change anything regarding the healing potions and their animations yet ?

1 Like

Yo man, what about transfers between Unofficials? I want to move around between my dedicated Exile lands and Siptah servers

I believe he is talking about two unofficial servers, not unofficial to official.

1 Like

Not sure if this is the place, but it seems like so many of the core elements in the game (archery, Agility, Survival, Light/Medium Armor) are unbalanced to the point of uselessness… is the combat system being worked to makes all these elements useful again?

1 Like

Regarding server transfers. The true value of the transfer is the character, time spent leveling, and the collection of additional feat points and or recipes learned. I don’t see the importance of hording months worth of resources and dragging them over to a new server to insta build a big base (on every official server). Does the previous server character get deleted in the process? Or is this a clone, where you can now play on two servers? I only ask because I worry about what others do. Will people jump server to server to build random walls just because they can? Or will we find some autistic clans doing battle with each other across multiple servers? One clan flees to a new server, and then a couple days later a dozen or so angry clones show up to chase them out of that server as well? I think transferring servers naked but maintaining levels/feats/ and recipes is good enough and less likely to be abused.

3 Likes

This, or everyone will just farm on dead servers and move characters over with dp/bombs, a vault few weapons’ armor and have fun with 0 consequences.

1 Like

Or possibly getting all the hackers to ‘hack’ one another in a bit of ‘karmic justice.’ No more single ‘Alpha’ clan per server… with server jumping, it could seriously stir things up.

@Ignasi @Hugo
Will this be coming out with the update on console? Not talking about siptah but everything else that comes with it!!!?