Testlive Update 2.4 (06.04.2021) New Lands, Zath, Character Transfer and more! Oh my!

Just another reminder that none of the Transfer stuff is final.

5 Likes

Yes. But it does not hurt to discuss it before they release it in a state that will split community completely. Although discuss means not to get over heated either, which is what i believe your are referring to. So basically lets discuss what we see as plus and minuses that may come, and not argue as if it is one or the other.

2 Likes

My guess, is it will cost 4.99 dollars to transfer each time. Why not if Siptah <> CE is a thing already listed in thier response, lets go full pay 2 win on PVP raid servers.

By giving feedback on how we would abuse it, and maybe someone will give insight on how that may be counterbalanced. Thatā€™s the honest response. Also, about 80% of the non bug/exploit posts are worthless based on donā€™t give opinion until finalized. Because in Funcomā€™s words, this game is still a work in process (hence the constant tweaks to combat, farming, AI etc.). The whole point of the forums is for the community to respond and discuss pros and cons of different features, both current and announced (no matter how detailed the announcement is).

Correct that itā€™s fine to discuss (encouraged, even, as you rightfully pointed out key reasons why that is further after your post Iā€™m quoting).

My intent, to clarify, was the fact players are posting their thoughts as if things are 100% final, when they arenā€™t. Feature is still very much fluid, and is all but guaranteed to change from itā€™s current iteration.

3 Likes

I know Iā€™m late to the party with the general feedback, but I just saw Kiahā€™s video about this patch (I donā€™t have TestLive installed) and I gotta say I really like the new stuff. I have a feeling Iā€™m going to fall of the wagon and start playing again once the update goes live :wink:

The new religion is going to be a fine challenge, because where the heck am I going to put the 7th shrine?! I have to design a new base now :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

No one is saying the apocalypse is coming for sure. Weā€™re saying if they implement unlimited server transfer with full inventory on pvp servers it will be. Someone recently told me something about not being responsible for how people choose to understand what you write :stuck_out_tongue:

If server transfer is unlimited (or with a short cooldown) it will be a thing. A lot of clans have some friend who just likes to farm / build anyway. So 8-9 will jump from server to server while 1-2 stays behind both to farm and to watch if anyone jumps on that server.

(and yeah I write ā€œwill beā€ and no I canā€™t be 110% sure. But most pvp players take any advantage they can get).

No we donā€™t. Itā€™s just easier to write ā€œthisā€ than ā€œunlimited server transfer with full inventoryā€ and that is easier than ā€œif they implement unlimited server transfer with full inventory and no restrictions on pvp serversā€¦ Again Iā€™m talking if they choose to do so and Iā€™m only talking about pvp serversā€

We all know the feature isnā€™t finished or implemented. It shouldnā€™t be necessary to point out every time we comment.

Itā€™s a PVP thing :slight_smile:

Hopefully a fishing and crocodile thing eventually. Maybe even the drowned.

5 Likes

I just realizedā€¦

I donā€™t know if a server transfer cooldown would even help (and Iā€™m only talking about PVP guyyss lol).

I probably have at lest 10 lvl 60 characters on different servers. A bunch of people probably have more. Iā€™ve hardly been active for over a year (only in shorter periods every 2-3 months).

So lets say there is a cooldown.

But we start on a server where we have chars already. If we can go raid on some server where we already have characters, only one have to transfer to bring enough stuffā€¦ maybe 2 or 3 if you go all in, but whatever. They can just go to some other random server with a lvl 60 and transfer it back to the server we started on.

And if we donā€™t have characters on the server we want to raid, we can just transfer characters from some other random server (if we want to keep characters on our ā€œhomeā€ sever in case we need to defend).

When weā€™re done wiping the server, we just hide our characters with the loot and go on some other server, either we could be lucky and thereā€™s still servers worth raiding where we have characters, or we just transfer them in from some random server.

If we wiped a server where we already had characters, one or a couple of guys transfer gear to the next server, one or a couple transfer home.

If we wiped a server we had to transfer to, one or a couple of guys transfer gear from our home server to the new server (and then transfer another random lvl 60 to home).

It needs to be a looooooong cooldown to prevent this (and only prevent it after the clan runs out of lvl 60ā€™s)

Or it needs to be an account based cooldown instead of a character based cooldown.

Again, for the slow ones Iā€™m only talking PVP. PVE can have unlimited, ok.

I Do not think there will be a difference between pvp and pve. Transfer will be the same for everyone.

For me as a pve player it does not matter if there will be a cooldown on transfering, if i choose to Transfer to a different map, thats Main point, i Do not Do it to be there couple days and then transfer again.

Maybe in clans with 2 or more people will be a ā€œtravellerā€ or more, but for solo players transfering ainā€™t that appealing. So you either transfer for a long period of time or you wont Do it. Itā€™s like moving from EU to USA.

Many of you seem to take this feature as a toyā€¦i transfer here, i transfer there, i transfer everywhereā€¦transfering will have consequences, are you willing to accept them?

Traveling with inventory is mandatory.

1 Like

A lot of people want this feature to travel between the two maps. Some people would probably want to do this (multiple times) daily.

We do not know if they will make it the same for every game mode, but we can still explain why it would be best to make it different for different game modes. And we donā€™t know if transfer will have consequences. Weā€™re just asking for consequences on PVP servers. Because if it doesnā€™t have, it will be abused.

But yeah, for solo players it will be a matter of moving if it stays so you loose the stuff you leave on the old server. Dual account doesnā€™t really help unless you also have 2 pcā€™s/consoles, because you have to be online on your second account to invite your first account back in to the clan. And you would need 3 accounts. One who travels and one who stays in the clan on each map.

I still think they should just link the maps in server pairs. So fx you can travel to and from EL 1111 and IoS 1111 but not to anywhere else.

2 Likes

Assuming no account wide cooldown;

You want to move stuff from Home (A) to B but already have character on B. You just move B to C first, Then move A to B and probably also C to A (if you want a character to defend your base).

Yes, thatā€™s what Iā€™m suggesting.

People probably wont have 10 game copies. If the cooldown is long enough I guess we can live with some people having 2-3 accounts to move characters on.

Yeah and itā€™s what I would probably also do. Probably most dedicated pvp players. Why stay on an active server if you can hide on a dead one?

People kind of knew where the vikings were coming from. That gives the opportunity to retaliate. How will I know where they are hiding unless I go through 100 dead servers? I donā€™t see that as fun gameplay in any way. It will take ages if they only have one guy logging on once a week. Unless you are lucky and jump on some dead server at the same time they do, you will have to search all over every empty serverā€¦ Thereā€™s a lot of hiding places.

And it will probably kill active servers. Nobody will want to live on a server with others.

Yeah I was thinking they could do something like that.

Thatā€™s what Iā€™ve been asking for since people started asking for travel between the 2 maps. Just pair servers so you can only travel between the two linked servers (one with each map).

I think that would be great.

1 Like

It doesnt make them more dangerous, it just makes it crap. Even if they arent bringing bodyvaulted explosives, they will just farm on dead servers.

Thats also a bad idea. I shouldnt have to abandon the server im on to try randomly chase down players server hopping, having to abandon my base to let it decay. Even if my event log told me which server they moved to, people would just trade to another account and then transfer it again. Making it tedious.

PvP official server list is full of empty servers, weā€™d be better off nuking 99% of them and only having a couple of servers that actually get populated.

There is no way to balance it, it just needs to not be a thing on PvP. There are so many ways it can be abused without even including the possibility it bugs out and it creates a duplicate of everything

4 Likes

So if I kill say The Red Mother, you would be ok with her not spawning for 6 hours? I would say that would make legendary really hard to get. You would spend all of your time running around looking for bosses to spawn. And if you were the first to kill it, you would know when to go back, giving you a small advantage. Just food for thought.

Yes, still a bad idea. If people havent purchased IoS expansion, someone could go to exiled lands, raid them, take all the stuff back to IoS and cant be raided back. Unfortunately, thatā€™d be incredibly pay to win.

3 Likes

They deserve a buff to make them stand out for sure, maybe even longer respawn time, but 6 hours?

Rip the poor person who can only get on for a couple hours a night. On a populated server theyā€™d never even see a boss.

2 Likes

The problem is it deletes the need for any other heal with its current state. so if ambrosia stays the remove heal off of every other item to remove unnecessary calculations in game. They have also stated the food is another long term goal they want to make more meaningful, but itā€™s low on the too list. So even if they need it now, 8n later updates it may change again. And most use it because it is one if the easy buttons on the game. It negates alot of survival aspect by quick heal as it is.

Iā€™m not gonna lie to you, I kinda agree with your sentiment. But I think the hardcore PvP community doesnā€™t want to have to heal with potions/wraps because it makes fights REALLY short.

IMO they should have paired servers for people with IoS where you have to have IoS to play on either and unpaired EL servers for people without IoS.