Testlive Update 3.0: The Age of Sorcery - Discussion Megathread

Atleast I know in icons how they are looking :melting_face:

1 Like

Bug?

• Camp across the river from Shaleback Hollow is empty. The chests exist and populate with loot, but no thralls are present at the camp.

• Have also seen violet models for a second or two when loading in or seeing something new since loading the game (Thralls, pets, crocodiles).

Critiques

• In initial Solo/Co-op Server set-up, Creative Mode, Building Anywhere, and Stability Loss multiplier are all listed under Abandonment whereas in the Server Settings tab once the server has been created this category was called Building. Building does seem to be a better name for the category and would make finding those settings in initial setup easier.

• Agility based weapons such as Daggers and Katanas do not seem as fun in PvE with the perk changes. Using these weapons require points in Agility to improve their damage, but the only damage bonus perks are hampered by being behind an enemy (Which is difficult) or focusing on armor penetration when many PvE enemies do not seem to have armor.
    Strength, however, has useful perks but no real damage bonus.

• The Dagger Backflip does not count as a dodge for Rolling Thrust. There are also situations during combat in which a player can dodge, but cannot Dagger Backflip and I’ve never been able to figure out why.

• It feels problematic that Feat/Knowledge and Attributes have been swapped from the Live tab order.

• Imbue Wisp - From what I can tell, this spell lasts about 90 seconds (Embed Wisp lasts 60), which is at best half of the night on the Exiled Lands. This seems far too short as a lighting spell and feels like a waste of corruption and reagents.

• Would be nice to be able to go back to the start of a spell cast rather than having to cancel and start over if you picked the wrong rune. A specific keystroke to cancel rather than a cancel rune or the ability to just put the focus away doesn’t feel smooth/intuitive, especially with no on-screen indication of what that keystroke is.

• In creative mode it’s difficult to remember the spells you’ve already learned when crafting new spells because the icons and names are all the same. Some of the crafting materials are hard to come by, which makes forgetting feel bad. It would be better if the icons in the Thaumaturgy Bench aligned more with the icons in the Knowledge tab.

4 Likes

Não pde elogiar a atualização que a maioria tenta abafar o assunto

After more playing (SP - no mods) I would like to thank Funcom and the play testers for their work on some of the weapon hit boxes. THANK YOU!

I appear to be having less issues with the daggers (although the croc world boss was still wonky) hitting their target. I also have not had too many issues with the sword (it used to glitch up on me with wights).

However, there is still more work that needs to be done on hit boxes. For instance, when fighting skeletons or the bosses (Guardian and Brute) in the UC I will often be behind the enemies and will get hit. This happened against a skeleton that was doing a straight, thrust with it’s sword. No way my character should have been hit as I was on the opposite hand/side of the attack. Also, standing in the same basic location where I would get hit would not result in blocking an attack with a shield.

Keep up the good work!

1 Like

I think that quickfooted would be the first agility perk, what do you guys/gals think about?

Anyone knows when the mod kit IS going to be available, I’m already thinking of ways to fill the gap in spells

Station craftable deco pieces do not return to the quick bar when picked up. The drop back to inventory.

Kind of annoying to have 2 systems with the new ‘construction hammer’ system and then the old placables systems for decorative beams and wooden fences.

(Also, my cooked meat disappeared from my large campfire. I only noticed because I was going to head out on a longer trip and realized there was no cooked meat to take along.)

(Or I’m an idiot and didn’t look in the other campfire. Jeez.)

1 Like

Is there some “slow sidestep” option I’m missing in Construction Hammer Mode? Full speed and disables walk mode to carefully place items.

Blathering on with something I noticed: Is there a reason why the stone axe will gather bones, but the iron axe will not? Gathering bones early on seems harder than you would think.

(Oh, only not from animals. Humans give you tons with an axe.)

Use a pick?

Dunno the numbers, but Hatchet seems kinda like the general purpose, not great, version of other tools.

Pick for Bone. Skinner Knife for hides. Cleaver for meat.
So hatchet just kinda gathers each of those as a possible, but not as efficiently.

Reparei que alguns lugares estĂŁo com menos NPC sim porĂ©m isso somente acontece quando existe algum evento ativo no local
 Sobre o feitiço Ă© uma boa dica de retornar repare que as armas agora ficam fixar mesmo quando estamos escalando na animação ela volta para o inventĂĄrio mas assim que para e solta a escalada rapidamente ela retorna para a mĂŁo sem ter que ficar pegando a mesma novamente
 Sim poderia acontecer o mesmo com a magia porĂ©m deve ter algo que nĂŁo teve como fazer isso

the client is crashing often

It really seems like the stone hatchet gathers more bone, but it looks like people and birds give bones with the hatchet (and probably the pick)

So I have my first real dislike regarding 3.0

The loot chest respawn timers have been worked on to keep the SP gamer from exploiting them by switching quadrants and then going back to the same chest (chests). This is a great change! However, the enemy and NPC spawns are not on a similar type of spawner. I just lost a lvl 10 RHTS to Gothrad and his minions because my character was killed
 by Gothrad, whom my thrall was dealing with. I was taking out the last archer when Gothrad decided to stop attacking my thrall and instead attacked me. This is another great change! The issue is that when I went to get my equipment back all of Gothrad’s detail respawned. This made it almost impossible to get my gear and also sentenced my RHTS to death. So I would like to kindly ask that the enemy and NPC respawn timers be redone like the chests. This will prevent other SP players from feeling like the game is cheating to kill their thrall.

2 Likes

Sounds like the thing where a camp will instantly respawn as soon as you are outside of it’s render distance, I think at least.

I saw stuff like this, not on TestLive, but on The Summoning Place when I was raiding it for thralls. I had a camp not that far away with the wheels set up, and literally I could go in, kill the stuff I didn’t like, grab one, drag it out and put it on one wheel.

And literally turning around to walk back, the camp is fully present again. So I had to murder another whole group of Darfari to find another to keep.

Honestly I don’t like it. They shouldn’t respawn that quickly, or immediately if you leave their radius. Great for farming, I guess, but it just makes it an annoying grind.

3 Likes

Same experience here. Never had texture loading problems with Conan Exiles before. Maybe they added new textures? Even turning the quality down from cinematic to ultra then to medium didn’t change anything. (only noticed the game runs way smoother with visual range on cinematic (o-o) hmmm )

Is there a reason for staying locked onto thralls after knocking them out in the middle of a fight?

VocĂȘ fala portuguĂȘs nativo ? EstĂĄ difĂ­cil compreender algumas coisas, em questĂŁo aos campos vazios sĂŁo os eventos que ocorrem no local

I cannot say exactly why Gothrad attacked me since I wasn’t paying any attention to him. So definitely my fault there. However, it is possible that my RHTS got stuck on one of the illogical ruin walls inside the building. None of the Mounds of the Dead buildings have these walls. Then, after Gothrad and the RHTS just stood looking at each other, Gothrad’s AI broke out of whatever conflict was freezing him and the RHTS and targeted my character when his AI refreshed.

I play permadeath, barbaric. So this means I have to start a new game. :sob: lol

I think the new ‘long hold button’ for binding might be interferring with Interacting with items. I have to be much closer to the center of a placed station to interact with and it regularly ‘pops’ off and I have to move closer.