Testlive Update 3.0: The Age of Sorcery - Discussion Megathread

Or the jungle or the dessert or the highlands or even the oasis…I have had bases in all of the biomes that lasted months before someone either stumbled on the or foundations swiped to reveal the location.

This. This is what nerfing thralls will Meta and it’s about time. Those of us that can build will do fine and those that can’t will rely on charity once a week.

I think we’ll all see. On paper, any nerf sounds like doomsday; but in practice it really isn’t that bad.

1 Like

Regarding the “Guard-Thrall-Purge-Issue”, I think some more testing is needed before we forfeit our fortresses. :blush:

What I can’t get over atm is that sorcerers have the same thrall icon as priests! Imagine a pious mitra priest being confused with a darkness conjuring sorcerer in the player inventory! Outrageous! :yum:

I expected the new kind of thralls to have a new special icon. Like a shrouded figure, or something.
Really hope the dev team can come up with a new design for them. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Never said you were. You are letting emotions about thralls cloud your perspective. What I’m saying is that those that relied solely on thralls will get their base destroyed. While playing PvE, I saw about 5 clans creat the most crappy structures in open middle but has over 40 thralls surrounding it. They should take damage. They should sweat their benches and chests.

4 Likes

This. When getting purged you should rely on the strength of your walls, not just your manpower

I personally see very little to like with this update. I’m probably in the minority and that’s okay. I’ll agree this seems like a “Game Killer” in terms of killing my personal enthusiasm for the game. I agree with @Marcospt in that sense.

I’m a bit of a conan lore geek, so things like “flying mounts” to me doesn’t fit at all with the world the game is based on. I’ve read almost every Conan book that exists afaik and there was only ever one time that Conan flew on something and he hated it, the entire passage lasted a couple paragraphs and was never spoken of again. But now we have flying mounts.

So, what do I get in practical fun in exchange for sacrificing the core feeling of the game? Well, we get a raid balance where people can now fly into your bases so everyone is going to be pretty much forced to build giant horrible cubes (as if there isn’t enough of that already).

And what do the dev’s have to say about this? “You’ll just have to adapt and change the way you play”

Combined with other extremely troubling gameplay additions like being able to hide invisibly in people’s bases or teleport into someone’s base. This is to say nothing of the heavy nerfs to what seems like virtually everything that already exists. (Standard MMO practice…nerf everything to force players into the new stuff) Combined with the new cash shop model (someone was talking about a $11 table lol).

This entire update feels to me like a big middle finger of Funcom saying “Hey, we don’t care about PVPers at all…we don’t need you…because we’ve got RPers that will pay $11 for a table lulz”.

These are just my personal opinions. I wouldn’t dare suggest the game will fail. There are probably more than enough ERP servers filled with players running around with cat ears and furry tails who neither care about PVP nor care the slightest about conan lore, and their credit cards are probably already practically melting in anticipation of that $11 table.

I understand. Im a planner and when I read Den and Andy’s reaction when discussing the nerf, I realized that maybe pets is the way to go…and then light bulb moment,. Witch Doctor thralls are pets…so I started working on them and trying to get legionnaires. Low and behold they are now equivalent but not in the patch notes…my fear that necromancy sorcery and witch doctor perk being incompatible was realized and now I gotta think around that. It’s just new ways to think how to navigate the game. I know you’re intellectually flexible so use that brain and figure out your next passion if thralls have lost their magic.

Not really mounts but very dangerous and temporary taming of demonic bats that will drop you the minute it’s hurt or gets tired

Design. Even when a base was defended with 20 teimos, offlining kills them.

The one design that actually worked well for me was an inverted apex ceiling base in one of the jungle temples. Inside walls were cover with anticlimb and had teimos archers with effect based arrows (set, acidic, firespark and smoke) and enhanced gruel. Armor was anything boosting vitality but most importantly the God breaker helm since it’s was mask. The bottom was full of undead monstrosities all leveled and full of brimstone. The actual base was a ceiling base and had 3 ceiling layers. The way in to the temple was raise with overhang (so you had to jump down to get a shot upward at the ceiling and then deal with the 9 chattering monsters and the archers pegging you. I just wish I saw that war that happened over a period of 3 days I was away. Lost some outside structure but not one thrall or pet.

But how. All defensive pvp building yechniquea are removed. The nerf of guards just raise offlining ti an even higher meta. Plus now 10 man clan, each with 2 thralls means 30 on a solos 55 lesser guards…see the issue?

1 Like

I don’t feel like the star of the show with half my HP doing almost no damage

You are.

If you run a corrupted build, use corrupted perks. Otherwise you’re giving all the sacrifice for none of the power.

yeah siptah has the nice weapons, but in exiles still hard for me, and i really wanna now why they made a skill for bows cuz nobody uses that and they sayed that they will have a substitute for melee

So…has anybody else managed to get the old Witch Doctor feat or am I crazy and it’s not there anymore.

Sounds like raiding became easier. Now you cant build big or have guards to defend. Got to stay online constantly assuming overpower number of players dont swarm you.

2 Likes

yeah, some sorcery seems to be, like the one you can see mats behind things, the lava wall, the wisp that can stick to the ground and the one to be able to see corruption(i didnt find a opportunity to use it in SP)

by the amount we have to sacrifice, like HP and STAM, weight capacity(carrying those pounchs around there) sorcery should be way more powerful, be able to conjure a demonic companion its cool but he is useless against the SORCERY QUEEN cuz he died pretty fast to the statues, having to drag persons around to “reanimate”(he was still alive) him as a zombie wasn’t that rewarding either, and the summon zombies spell dont summon to many zombies to actually help you(none of the spells can really save you cuz if u are caught in the middle of the casting they’ll just be slamming into your head(the aggressive NPCs) so its true sorcery for combat is useless, not if you can be a ninja and conjure the storm in the midst of a bunch of enemies but even so, due to the delay that the bolts take to hit a target, it would be easy to die anyway.

1 Like

Hrm…on Testlive SP no Mods, my toon doesn’t align correctly for the blood ritual at the sacrifice stone and looks like he’s trying to scalp the poor victim instead of slitting their throat…

Yep and what we discussed in past about how pvp will turn into a long of the mountain experience is getting further and further cemented.

Nah it’s fun. the water’s nice and warm…try it. :smiling_imp: