Testlive Update 3.0: The Age of Sorcery - Discussion Megathread

Just don’t get attached…to things, buildings, thralls, clan members, servers…work, house payments, kids, wife, dogs, showers, toilets, water and food…and it’s a blast.

2 Likes

So I’m completely lost trying to figure out how on an official server I’m going to build something… I have equipped the hammer, however, it only lets me build foundations in sandstone… I have unlocked everything in construction.

I can’t even craft regular pieces out of construction mode to put on my toolbar. As an admin, I can spawn my DLC pieces and build this way. In construction mode, it didn’t take any of the materials I had in my inventory to make said pieces. Construction mode seems broken to me. edit… okay I found the F key to the right of the menu… to be honest, I turned all that off on my normal game because I hate script on my screen. So that Pickup+ you gave us with the last update, you’re taking away? To remove a building piece no longer returns it to your inventory it busts it. Seems Firespark may be correct, if you don’t have the DLC your clan mate can’t make the pieces for you to build with.

I also don’t like how I have to enter my inventory. Sorry guys, you made it more complex. Instead of hitting I to view my inventory, you have to hit O or M. O brings you to your attributes M is still Map. Then you can select the inventory category… edit… Hit TAB and now you can get your inventory errr.

Poor guy

You should really stop listening to others and form your own opinion. Test it yourself. Make your own experiences and don’t base your fun on what others say. so much has changed. things have been removed in one place and compensated for by other mechanics. picking a single point and ignoring all the surrounding changes doesn’t work with such a large update. also, most people currently make the mistake of spawning and testing all sorts of things without actually playing the game. of course, level 1 thralls of a level 1 player are not the boss killers. but they never should have been.

if you’re on console then you’ll just have to wait, but letting yourself be influenced by the statements made so far by individuals makes no sense. especially not with the minimal information you get if you don’t test yourself. all i can say is that we’ve been testing for a few weeks now and it’s nowhere near as bad as the 50% nerf sounds at first.

do you have to make adjustments? of course, but did you really expect anything else? new content, if it’s not a new map with old game mechanics, always needs a certain degree of adjustment. the alternative would be to stop development or keep doing the same s.h.i.t over and over again and releasing new maps with all the old and well known (and boring) old mechanics… boooooring…

2 Likes

you are free to change the keybindings. this was the first thing I did when I started testing. rebing the inventory back to “I”

2 Likes

I did try that first, however, Inventory wasn’t on my keybinding list. It’s why it took me a while to figure out Tab and F keys for the new stuff. oh and N and B will be important too in the future.

Look again, its there.

Only one day passed, but so much of feedback and issues, feels like that will be longest testlive.

1 Like

Okay, so in build mode, I’m short on twine. But I have tons of plant fiber. When trying to place a piece that requires twine, it doesn’t auto-craft the missing twine using my available plant fiber. Could we get a solution in for this because that’s a big QoL thing for me…

8 Likes

Dear lord…the lateral movement. I am a literal NINJA with daggers now…

2 Likes

Hmm today building on test, and i figure out i dont know how to ‘‘pick’’ up buildings… that mech is now gone or why i cant pick up anything - only destroy?

that’s the way the building hammer works. no pickup. only dismantle

:x: Giving orders to mounts

At first, it was funny :face_with_hand_over_mouth: when a rhino and a warrior were simultaneously obeying my instructions.

• The warrior and the mount pushing each other, try hard to get to the same point after giving the movement order. It’s difficult to say whether they love :heart: or hate :crossed_swords: each othe :sweat_smile:

But during the game, it :unamused: bothered me:

• I wanted the warrior to move away from the base entrance - a rhino came running to us and blocked more of that passage :face_in_clouds:
  • I wanted the warrior to attack a group of opponents, I missed the opponent - the movement order on the ground sent the mount along with the warrior just to get hit several times by opponents :person_facepalming:

If there was a split between commanding followers and mounts in the controls, that would be great. :star_struck: The running and walking buttons are separated in the settings for the mount and the player character and work very well with a variety of (the same or different) key combinations (I checked it :white_check_mark:).

2 Likes

Testlive EU PVE
BUG:
No EXP when building! (neither with t1, t2 or t3). several people tried it on that testlive server and no one of us got rewarded with EXP for building. Intended change or bug?

1 Like

ok, so here are the things that are really wrong:

1 - Stamina pool is so small, roughly after one combo of heavy attacks done.
2 - followers are extremely weak. That nerf will hurt both PvE and PvP. Alright, nerf thralls but not THIS much.
3 - summoning of demons should be more expensive and pernament. What is the point that I summon demon horse and it will decay in 30 minutes? I would go for a ride and then lose a mount?
4 - Transportary stones or what is it called should be limited. Ye, the user get corrupted but still, user loses corruption in like 3 minutes. Then he can jump across whole map so many times and nobody would find his base. Good idea, bad processing.
5 - In decorative mode, the builder should have an option to put pieces of building on hotbar. Its really annoying to pressing F for menu or mousewheel to “copy” piece.
6 - strength weapons take much more stamina than the agility weapons. What does it mean? We will not see axes in pvp anymore.
7 - Even Player seems less powerful with new stuff. If I am corrupted and go full strength, ok, I deal tons of dmg, but can do only one combo then I am out of stamina. If i use the stamina gear instead of + dmg gear, I would do like half of dmg i dealt before.
8 - Summoned thralls have literally no combos. They only do few lights and thats it. Undead or demon lords, doesnt matter, it takes so much time to make a combo.
9 - Spells are being casted for so long. Animations of those stones should be faster. Practically it cant be used in pvp. The caster needs to be protected 24/7.

For now, its all but I guess I will find much more flaws.

Thank you for reading

Since others can use these to transport to YOUR other pads, i don’t think it’s as valuable as you believe. Finding one means you have access to all others and can map it out. Sure the defender could have it guarded but you will see the location on the map and therefore the advantage of it is lost and that location will be destroyed within 2 raid cycles.

2 Likes

Is anyone able to confirm what I’ve seen from one tester that the Sword of Crom no longer functions when equipped by thralls?

It was kind of the pinnacle of rare drops on Exiled Lands for your thrall companions. It would be a dang shame if it became a glorified tooth pick now.

Thanks!

Ω Hakeem of The Sapphire Shores :herb:

It’s in the notes and confirmed in @Wak4863 live stream. He seemed annoyed that we brought it up and believes it’s in error. I don’t think he got the memo.

1 Like

NGL building is a bit of a chore now, and you know me I love to build stuff. For whatever reason with my starter base I kept running short on mats, whereas in the past it’s never been a problem. The huge benefit of being able to craft all your pieces in safety, then quickly put them down is now gone. Plus there’s a pretty big UI in your face whilst building. Can’t imagine this will be great on PvP.

Maybe I’ll see if t gets better with a controller.

3 Likes

It’s been some time since I rerolled and actually let the Cinematic go, so I don’t know if it’s in the Live version and haven’t had time to check. The word “Committed” is misspelled. This is a word written across the sky as “MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE COMITTED.”

<3 B

4 Likes